Gauging Interest For a Forum Movie Game!

• Cool! Glad to see we're unanimous, option 2 it is!

I'm going to leave things be until tomorrow in case anyone else decides to join up, and we can start the draft tomorrow.

Drafting order will be decided through RNG, since we don't have any data/history on our players. I trust this is cool with everyone.

• @Ringedwithtile Sounds like a good plan, I'm really looking forward to this.

• Looked up my picks which was fun. But for those who are missing one or 2 here's a list of options that fit nicely on here and to fill out your own personal picks.
    Steven Spielberg
    Stanley Kubrick
    Christopher Nolan
    Ang Lee
    Darren Aronofsky
    Wes Anderson
    Martin Scorsese
    Coen Brothers
    Quentin Tarantino
    Danny Boyle
    Paul Thomas Anderson
    The Wachowskis Sisters
    Chan-wook Park
    David Fincher
    Ron Howard
    Denis Villeneuve
    James Cameron
    Ridley Scott
    Frank Darabont
    Robert Zemeckis
    Peter Jackson
    Richard Linklater
    David O .Russell
    Alejandro González Iñárritu
    Next few have 4 films but we can fit them in i'm sure
    Spike Jonze
    Frank Darabont
    Alfonso Cuaron
    etc

• I like that people are sharing good picks!

So drafting order (dictated by RNG) is as follows:

1. @Faaip
    2. @ib0show
    3. @alexwhiteplays
    4. @pinecone
    5. @SabotageTheTruth
    6. @TokyoSlim

This is a snake draft, so we'll go down, TokyoSlim will pick twice before going back up, etc. I trust you guys understand.

I'll create the group chat in a few hours once I'm off work.

I'd like to encourage you folks over the next couple days, while we're drafting, to check your messages on the site every once in a while so we can move through it in a timely manner.

Good luck!

• Just so we're clear on what constitutes a "movie" are we counting made for tv movies, miniseries, direct to video releases, shorts, etc?

For example, Frank Darabont listed above, in my mind doesn't count (despite having four excellent films on his resume) because the rest of his work is tv and short film.

• Shorts, TV movies and mini-series should be good as long as they are credited as the director. TV series might be a bit much, or unlikely just because it isn't often that one director is responsible for an entire season.

I'd say mini-series within reason, however. Asking people who want to vote to watch a 8+ hour program could be a little too intensive. If it's a two-parter or something like Das Boot, Mildred Pierce, etc. I think it would be ok.

• Ok. Thanks for the clarification! :)

• The draft is currently in progress, by the way - for anyone not actually participating but wondering what's happening.

• Yep!

I think I'll start a new thread once everyone has drafted, got their picks in, and I've made up the bracket. The draft is moving along slowly, which I think is to be expected. It'll probably take a couple days at least.

• I'll admit, I felt a little regret after picking David Lynch in the first round but then I saw this list.

Top 100 21st Century Films

The UK is getting a 4k restoration of Mulholland Drive on the 14th, so hopefully that hits the states soon!