What Indies are you Supporting?

• It seems to be the beginning of an indie renaissance, where small developers go toe to toe with AAA's. What indies are you rooting for?

For Me:

A Hat In Time: I've gotten on my soap box about how amazing and underrated this game is (especially compared to Yooka Laylee) so I'll keep it short. AHiT is a collectathon 3d platformer in the vein of Banjo Kazooie featuring compositions from Grant Kirkhope (But the main composer Pascal Michael Stiefel is equally amazing in my opinion). It gets a lot of crap for not being as polished as Yooka Laylee or having a long development cycle, but AHiT is also Gears For Breakfast's (which is a very small team) first game, and that they're working with a tenth of Yooka's budget, all while going to school and working outside jobs. I think the game is amazing, from what I've played through the Alpha and Beta (which you can play now)(but only showcases a few levels). It provides this sense of wonder and creativity that you don't get in a lot of games, so I'd say, give it a shot. Going by how amazing this game is in beta, and the weekly dev updates, A Hat in Time is going to be something really special.(Plus it's got a super dedicated speedrunning community already.)
    Beta Gameplay: Here
    At AGDQ: Here
    Official Website: Here
    Dev Updates via Twitter: Here and Here

YIIK: I got a chance to play this game at Camp Fangamer last year and I was really impressed. I don't really know how to explain it other than that its a really unique turn based RPG inspired by Earthbound. It's releasing very soon for a whole host of consoles.
    Trailer: Here
    Dev Blog: Here

Mother 4: It is what it sounds like. A fan made continuation of the Mother series! It's actually incredibly faithful to the series, and if I didn't know it was fan made I'd think it was so long lost official cartridge. Plus, this game is gonna be 100% free when it's released!
    Trailer (disregard the release date): Here
    Attract Mode: Here
    Official Website: Here
    Dev Blog: Here

• Here's a couple kickstarter games that I'm really looking forward to.

War of Rights - A historically accurate multiplayer fps set during the American Civil War. It looks like they're doing a great job and if the servers can handle the 300 or so players they're promising then I think this could turn out to be a really fun game

Kingdom Come Deliverance - Historically accurate medieval rpg. This is the game I've been dreaming about for years.

Battalion 1944 - Classic CoD-esque multiplayer fps set during WWII. Not sure how I feel about this one yet but it looks interesting!

• Firewatch

• VA-11 HALL-A aka Cyberpunk Waifu Bartending, but that does this game some serious discredit. It does an amazing job with world building and the characters are well written, often turning their perceived tropes on their heads. What's been really powerful as an experience is how relatable the game's dialogue and themes are personally. Sometimes it just gets a little too real and I'm left slumped in my chair or heading back to the kitchen for a glass of wine. This game literally came out of nowhere for me and I'm very happy to have supported these developers. It's on Steam right now.

PS - The music is AWESOME