EZA Should come to the UK

• I would love to come to an EZA meet but traveling to the US when one has been happening just hasn't lined up. It would be cool if EZA could come and do a panel at London comic con in the UK though! So i thought id make this post and try to drum up some support from other EZA fans in the UK.

L&R

• Global Moderator

Being based in UK myself, nothing would make me happier than seeing them in UK and I think indeed that comic con London would fit them well. However, as with much else it all comes down to budget and time. I know that we are quite a large supporter group spread around UK and it would be awesome. But until they would have the time I'd say a UK fan group meet up would be as good as it gets... for now

• I bet they would love to do that but to have 9 people transported to the UK is not cheap when you include plain tickets, hotel, food and gear they would need. its a geal that could be on the patreon maybe.

EZA in concert europe tour or something like that.

• I think the biggest problem is that sending people to visit other places trades off with their ability to continue making content. If they were to ever do it, I'd think maybe they'd set up a separate Kickstarter as a one-time fundraiser specifically for the tour? I'd love to see them myself and I know what it's like for location to be such a big barrier, but at this point I'm not sure how realistic it is.

• as for content will if you planout right you can schedule up stuff and let that publish while you are on the trip this was one of the reason I mention the gear they needed with them. laptops and camera stuff. they would probably shoot some things and edit it but again this would be a big and expensive undertaking.

I think more realitic thing would be if one of them came to europe for a event we/they could do a meet and great with the local allies

• I'd love a bigger "tour" for their 5-year anniversary or some other big event. Midwest stop, east coast stop, then UK.

I don't really see them doing it, as that money could be spent to do some pretty cool videos/content for everyone.

• Would love an EZA UK meetup, even if only one or two of them are able to make the trip over.

• I too would like some sort of UK event even if it is a small thing

• Yeah. Traveling to LA from Sweden, although possible is really not as easily achievable as going to, say London. I'd book my flight, hotel and ticket in a heartbeat if they were to come to Europe.

• Yeah I'd love this too, as it's never really going to be possible for me to fly to LA for a meet.

Even if it was just 1 or 2 of the Allies (similar to Ben's trip to Japan last year) I'd be happy enough.

• I don't think that's likely.

I could see a meetup with 1-2 allies during the time of a big event, but UK doesn't have one (as in on par with say GamesCom). So sending all or even just a few allies to the UK to meet a couple of fans is honestly a waste of time and patreon money. What would the tradeoff be for the fans in the rest of the world? No or delayed content and basically no worthwhile game coverage.

If you want to meet them then it's better to save up for a future meetup on EZA turf.

• @suplextrain said in EZA Should come to the UK:

I don't think that's likely.

I could see a meetup with 1-2 allies during the time of a big event, but UK doesn't have one (as in on par with say GamesCom). So sending all or even just a few allies to the UK to meet a couple of fans is honestly a waste of time and patreon money. What would the tradeoff be for the fans in the rest of the world? No or delayed content and basically no worthwhile game coverage.

If you want to meet them then it's better to save up for a future meetup on EZA turf.

Anywhere in Europe for me would be fantastic (GamesCom would be the easy choice).

EGX is pretty big in the UK though (MGM Comic Con too to a lesser degree), not as big as GamesCom true, but it's the biggest in the UK and draws in plenty of international press with TONS of games being shown that the Allies could talk about.

They even do developer sessions panels where they bring in people like Hideo Kojima, Ken Levine etc. to talk to a small audience and also other devs (CDPR did one before The Witcher 3 was released) to preview their game, so there'd be plenty to talk about I'd imagine.

All well and good saying 'save up for a future meetup on EZA turf' but that's a $650 flight for me, and I just don't have that kind of money.

The Allies have already done 2 meets in the US, I'm just saying I'd love one in Europe eventually, even if it's just 1 or 2 of the Allies that attended GamesCom or EGX or something, just a one-time thing, I'm sure you could put up with a few days of delayed content so all the International EZA fans could finally meet some of the Allies in person once in their lives.

• @DisturbedSwan said in EZA Should come to the UK:

EGX is pretty big in the UK though (MGM Comic Con too to a lesser degree), not as big as GamesCom true, but it's the biggest in the UK and draws in plenty of international press with TONS of games being shown that the Allies could talk about.
    They even do developer sessions panels where they bring in people like Hideo Kojima, Ken Levine etc. to talk to a small audience and also other devs (CDPR did one before The Witcher 3 was released) to preview their game, so there'd be plenty to talk about I'd imagine.

Several countries have that. Sweden for example is another example where they have various events and even invite guests like Ken Levine. Heck I even shook hands with Kojima and got his autograph. I shook hands with Hideo Baba and took a picture with Daishi Odashima as well at an event there.
    But I still don't think Sweden would be a good candidate because there is no real worthwhile event on par with say Gamescom. Companies will not hold back stuff and prepare reveals for these events in the UK or Sweden, they will mostly just send representatives with their E3 demos or something and put up booths. So there is no real reason to send Allies to these smaller local events since Patreon time and money will be wasted on old coverage material.

This is why I think say Gamescom is the most realistic choice.

• Global Moderator

I'm sure it's something the guys would love to do. I think realistically we wouldn't see them all go to an event that's outside of LA just due to the cost and workload they have but for sure I think someday we could see 2-3 members going to an event like a Gamescom or EGX etc.

• @suplextrain Yeah GamesCom would definitely be the best choice in Europe, we agree on that.