Is it standard policy for moderators to mock subscribers?

• alt text

alt text

It's hurtful to be mocked by a moderator when I only posted to hopefully improve the experience of those in the chat. I wouldn't have minded if the remark was made by another person in the chat but when it's a moderator resorting to this kind of disrespectful behavior, that's not cool or professional. I don't have anything else to say as I expect this sort of thing won't happen again.

• Your comment is a bit hyperbolic. I'd poke fun of it regardless of moderator status and I can guarantee that Joetown's copy/paste of your comment was made with no ill will towards you in mind.

That aside, Twitch chat is definitely not the place to air concerns such as that. You're already here on a forum and have made constructive posts in the past, this is a much easier platform for these to be seen. if you feel like you still aren't having your voice heard there is always email.

• @DanteThePyro I don't care if my voice was heard. I care that people are mocking me behind my back. Considering the stream where he mocked me everyone laughed at me, it has to be said there's nothing respectful about being made the bunt of a joke by those who I give my hard earned money. It's hurtful.

• @zen said in Is it standard policy for moderators to mock subscribers?:

@DanteThePyro I don't care if my voice was heard. I care that people are mocking me behind my back. Considering the stream where he mocked me everyone laughed at me, it has to be said there's nothing respectful about being made the bunt of a joke by those who I give my hard earned money. It's hurtful.

Not a single person in that stream, nor the moderators for EZA are paid. Getting upset over something said in jest on an entirely separate channel is truly baffling to me.

• @DanteThePyro said in Is it standard policy for moderators to mock subscribers?:

@zen said in Is it standard policy for moderators to mock subscribers?:

@DanteThePyro I don't care if my voice was heard. I care that people are mocking me behind my back. Considering the stream where he mocked me everyone laughed at me, it has to be said there's nothing respectful about being made the bunt of a joke by those who I give my hard earned money. It's hurtful.

Not a single person in that stream, nor the moderators for EZA are paid. Getting upset over something said in jest on an entirely separate channel is truly baffling to me.

He represents EZA who I do give money to.

@DanteThePyro said in Is it standard policy for moderators to mock subscribers?:

@zen said in Is it standard policy for moderators to mock subscribers?:

He represents EZA who I do give money to.

I'm struggling to understand how he would represent EZA while in a completely unaffiliated stream.

• @DanteThePyro Sure. Joe represents EZA. I am a supporter of EZA. Just because Joe isn't in an EZA stream doesn't mean he stops representing EZA. Just like I'm still an EZA supporter if when I'm not in an EZA stream. Taking my messages from an EZA stream and making me the butt of a joke in another stream doesn't stop him from being an EZA representative.

If you still have difficulty comprehending that, I'm sorry, but I don't have a better way of explaining it. You'll have to make due with that. I'm going to wait for EZA to respond and stop here. I simply want assurances that this won't happen again. That is all.

@DanteThePyro Sure. Joe represents EZA. I am a supporter of EZA. Just because Joe isn't in an EZA stream doesn't mean he stops representing EZA. Just like I'm still an EZA supporter if when I'm not in an EZA stream. Taking my messages from an EZA stream and making me the butt of a joke in another stream doesn't stop him from being an EZA representative.

If you still have difficulty comprehending that, I'm sorry, but I don't have a better way of explaining it. You'll have to make due with that. I'm going to wait for EZA to respond and stop here. I simply want assurances that this won't happen again. That is all.

That's an unreasonable expectation for someone who is more or less a volunteer. I also don't see taking your comment and copy/pasting it as being directed at you, more so the way you worded it as I had previously mentioned.

Hope the situation is resolved in the best way for all parties involved. L&R

• Global Moderator

I don't know the full context behind what happened but that looks more like frustration than someone mocking you. At worst, the mod shouldn't have publicly quoted you.

From your actual message in the screenshot, you'd be better off posting that here as opposed to twitch chat. Even if you got a response, it won't be a productive one in that kind of environment.

As for this topic, it seems more like a private matter. I'll leave it open for now but in future, I'd recommend messaging EZA themselves.

• @DanteThePyro said in Is it standard policy for moderators to mock subscribers?:

Your comment is a bit hyperbolic. I'd poke fun of it regardless of moderator status and I can guarantee that Joetown's copy/paste of your comment was made with no ill will towards you in mind.

That doesn't mean anything. Saying 'believe me' is a pretty bad argument for telepathy.

OP, it seems like just a really bad and a little mean joke. How you take it is of course up to you. Obviously bringing this up to moderators is only going to yield a similar, condescending response, because humans are tribal and petty. That's just my read of it, anyway.

• @tokeeffe9 Thank you. I tried addressing it privately with this mod through a Twitch whisper first but he straight ignored me. Didn't know what else to do. :(

alt text

• I'm gonna be the devil's advocate here, cause I'm good at that.

In the context of the question itself, I can't see how what you want would ever be possible unless one or more allies did nothing but watch chat which would keep them from doing anything else, which defeats the purpose of their mods. Group streams are pure chaos. They keep an eye for resubs and such which is great in itself.

In the context of how things went down however, While I personally think it was rude....it's not really that harsh, just seems like making a mountain out of mole hill.

But I'm not him, I don't know what other history there is here, I'm rarely in twitch chat. Just my $0.02

• That was not a group stream, that was this morning in the Toybox Tuesday slot.

Do try not to lose sight of OP's question of love and respect, as opposed to the particular ideas involved here. Focusing on the topic that inspired the joke as opposed to the appropriateness of the joke itself will only confuse the issue — in fact the same tactic I recognize in a lot of American politicians of a certain ilk.

I may or may not agree with OP's suggestion in chat, however the kinda mean joke is a different question.

• Not to be an ass but I really don't see why this is a thread. Take this up with the relevant people if you consider it an issue.

The manner you're going about it right now isn't exactly noble, in a way you're trying to shame someone publicly (or a cry for attention) instead of handling this in a more civil manner.

• Global Moderator

Please deal with this privately either with the moderator in question or one of the allies directly. This is not the forum for this kind of calling out.

Looks like your connection to Easy Allies Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.