Bosman Plays A Link to the Past

• @Brannox We can discern what a joke is. But its also entirely subjective whether or not its a good joke. To plenty of people, it simply wasn't very funny.

To quote /u/StephenColbert46, and Kyle himself.

"I don't like it. Kyle himself said that they do bets so that the claims they make on camera have stakes, otherwise they'd just be dudes on a podcast making guesses.

However, if every bet is just loopholed out of, there are effectively no stakes. Sure it's amusing to watch but at this point Kyle could say he'd do literally anything for a bet and I wouldn't be invested because he'll just weasel out of it. "

@Whoaness I also strongly disagree with anyone trying to throw "ungrateful/entitled" around. It's disappointment. See @suplextrain's comment.

• @Stormcrownn Someone threatening a startup company by holding money hostage? Nah, it's entitlement and trolling.

This bet situation shouldn't even be taken seriously. Bosman has already done this before with his 2015 loss, so it's not surprising. It would actually be surprising if Bosman followed the bet.

• Since we're cross posting.... I'll reiterate here I enjoy the finding of loop holes as much as the fulfillment of the bet.

Another aside, it's like watching a TV show with a monster/conflict of the week. The hero wins, and it's always a fun surprise to to see HOW, despite the odds against them.

• @Whoaness Holding it hostage...yes I agree. But people certainly are entitled to spend their money how they wish. I reduced my patreon amount after last night. But I won't be saying to anyone at EasyAllies.

How many people are sitting there threatening to take money away? I can't find any posts saying that. I can find plenty of patrons insulting other people who are disappointed.

That's my overall problem with the "joke" it's only funny because people get to laugh at those who are disappointed and its at their expense.

• @Stormcrownn Twitch chat, youtube comments? Plenty of them.
    Laugh at people who are disappointed? You're taking the internet too seriously.

And you just posted about lowering your patreon if you were trying not to say that to anyone.

• @Whoaness Yes. Because people are disappointed. I can certainly say why. That's not holding anything hostage. If I said "I'm lowering it if you don't do X..." that's what you are talking about.

And maybe it is too serious. But the point remains that the joke isn't harmless. It's at the expense of those people. Tons of posts about "wow I love the salt in here..." "it's even better seeing everyone get upset about it..."

It's certainly divided the community well enough.

• @Stormcrownn What? How does Bosman playing Skyward Sword instead of LTTP hurt people's feelings?

That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

• Anyway, we will all be getting a hilarious stream out of this tonight as the Allies are putting Kyle live on trial at 6 PM PST

• @Whoaness No. The bets having no consequence. Read what I posted above again. It's not about the specifics of it.

Kyle has explained himself why they do bets, so they aren't just guys making guesses on a podcast. That's why there's stakes.

Removing those stakes reduces the importance and drama of what you think will happen. That's why final bets was so dramatic.

• @Stormcrownn I would say him outsmarting Huber on a loss is way more entertaining.
    It immediately escalates the next show.

• @Stormcrownn It's been plenty dramatic this year and last year, and Bosman fulfilled the bet in a funny way.

• I do think there's definitely a "boy who cried wolf" thing where any stakes for a Kyle bet shouldn't be expected to actually be fulfilled, but far more importantly I think some people take it waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too seriously if they think those bets being weaseled out of is something to demand punishment for and to imply you're holding a patreon pledge hostage over whether or not someone streams a game they think isn't that great.

• Well, I suppose I'm happy some people enjoyed it.

Have fun.

• I am appalled at the way Mr. Bosman has been portrayed after these recent events. This is a honest man, with integrity and respect towards bets. Through the history of GT Time, Final Bets, and The Easy Allies Podcasts he fairly and reasonably fulfilled all terms of the bets he makes, and yet he has been bullied, called a troll, and backed into a corner. This was a man who’s hand was forced. A man who had to defend his honor.

“But but but!” You may whimper. “But the hour long comedy special! He weaseled his way out of that one!”.

Do you truly believe that was a reasonable request? 1 hour of original stand up? No, it was the request of a mad man! It would not even be reasonable to ask Bill Burr or Dave Chappelle to come up with an hour of material in such a short timeframe! Mr. Bosman simply did what he was capable of.

No, the true wrongdoer is the one and only, Michael P. Huber. This is a man who does not respect the sanctity of a bet. A man who will make unreasonable stake, and then MOCK and DEGRADE the loser for failing to accomplish it.

Let us take a step back to the Final Bets – The Game Awards & PSX 2015. Mr. Bosman puts forth the stakes that Mr. Huber will have to play 3 video game songs on his clarinet, and stream this concert live. Mr. Huber then places the most ludicrous stakes imaginable. That Mr. Bosman must play a video game of the viewer’s choice from start to end credits, in a single sitting. This is the actions of a madman.

Now let’s look at the most recent bet fulfillment, the 10 minute standup performance with original material. As should be suspected, Mr. Bosman honorably and completely fulfills the terms, and puts on a 10 minute standup special with hilarious, ORIGINAL material , even includes an ENCORE JOKE to wrap up the performance.

But still, Mr. Bosman cannot escape the torment and bullying from his colleagues. He is harassed, mocked, and accused of being a dishonorable better.

Now it is time to for the E3 2016 betting special. To mock Mr. Bosman further, Mr. Huber shoves a BETTING CONTRACT in Mr. Bosman’s face, an act unheard of in the history of GT and EZA bets. This is an act of aggression. Mr. Huber’s intent was to insult Mr. Bosman, to rub in his face his reputation as a dishonorable man, and to humiliate him. Flabbergasted, Mr. Bosman signs the contract.

Mr. Bosman has clearly had enough. He’s found the courage to stand up for himself, and defend his name. This is not the act of a “troll”. This is the act of a man who understands what is right and what is wrong. Mr. Bosman should be celebrated as a hero, and if he is found guilty today, the people should riot.

• @RyanBates #FreeBosman

• @RyanBates @Stormcrownn @Whoaness I find this incredibly fascinating how this is such a charged topic. While reading the back and forth a thought struck me: Does anyone believe that this entire "incident" as serious related to how long they are aware of Easy Allies? Example: Those of us who have known them since well before GT shut down know this is all is a good time, but to those who ONLY know them as Easy Allies are the ones who think that whats going on has malicious intent? Obviously this couldn't be checked but it would make some small amount of sense that if people didn't know who they were this would be taken completely out of context, which it has from some. Also, thanks for the conversation! Despite the divisiveness some have shown across Twitch/YouTube/Forums, etc., I think this has been one of highlights of EZA's existence!

• @Brannox I've known them for a long time previous to EZA and personally find it irrelevant. Unless the goal is for some people to feel better about themselves than others.

• I feel like this is just the evolution of the final bets. After doing them for a while, it's natural to shake things up a bit. I see it as adding an entire extra layer of strategy to the process.

And although I personally love how Kyle handled it this time around, I feel next year they really need to take loophole possibilities into account so we don't have another "GRRRRR, CURSE YOU, WILY OL' BOSMAN!!!" situation on our hands with the fanbase.

• @Stormcrownn True, because at the end of the day, the interent is going to internet and haters are going to hate.

• I also dismiss any accusations that Huber's bet was too much.

That's a point that Kyle has to bring up when stakes are discussed. He's already agreed to the terms.

You can't back out of the stakes of a bet after the fact. That sir, is the act of a coward.