Bosman Plays A Link to the Past

• I still think he is going to honor the spirit of the bet in a third stream. But he maybe needed to make a point to Huber and the co drafters on how futile this contract was. :joy: I'm going to believe to the end!

• I am shocked, nay APPALLED at Bosman after the most recent stunt. I can't believe him! I think I've lost all respect for him after this.

Fledge is clearly the second best character in Skyward Sword, just after Groose himself.

• Honestly, I just want him to continue streaming Skyward Sword.

• I'm fascinated by how Bosman is enticing the super-duper-serious fans to come out and whine/complain at him. It has sort of divided the EZA community, but it is intriguing to watch the comments from the Twitch chat. Bosman is a master manipulator of the fan community (in a good way!).

• @jifw52 He is a consummate showman. I love it.

• I tweeted at him a few day ago that he should just stream someone else's playthrough, I'm sure others did to and I'm also pretty sure he came to this decision long before that, even so it feels wonderful to play even a microscopic part in this chaos.
    alt text

• In case anyone missed the live stream -

Youtube Video

But yes, this is really getting some insane reactions out of the community, at least in the Twitch chat. The amount of people last night who were arguing every little loophole, even down to the very definition of the word "new" for his save file, was crazy.

@Mechanoid has the point down - it's all for show. This is just a fun special they do every year, and wondering how Kyle will find a loophole in it (which he did, can't deny it) is part of the fun. It's a bit disheartening to see so many people on Twitch and on YouTube either threatening to unsubscribe or stop donating because of it.

• For posterity, here are the exact subtitles of the Bet document/stakes (from the E3 2016 Bets Showdown YouTube page):

I, Kyle Bosman, agree to the terms set forth within this document, in regards to the proposed stakes outlined by Michael Patrick Huber during the Easy Allies E3 Bets Showdown.

I will stream LIVE, a complete full playthrough of The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, from a new save slot to the ending credits on Easy Allies' Twitch page in no more than 3 sessions. Finishing no later than July 8th, 2016. 3 minutes prior to each stream, I will tweet, from my own personal twitter account @KyleBosman, the following quote with no less and no more words or symbols attached, "I'm about to stream my favorite game of all time, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. #masterpiece". Upon full completion of the game, I will discuss my favorite parts of the game for no less than 3 minutes on Huber Syndrome.

Signed,
    Kyle Bosman

• On the left Hubers contract next year and on the right Hubers contract in 10 years.

Bild Text

• Streaming someone else's playthrough though. Doesn't that go against the "new save file" wording of the contract?

• I love it.

• As mush as I love Kyle's clever loophole. I would also love it if this doesn't count as decided by the EZA Council. Because then he has to play the whole game in one sitting! Haha!

• @Minamik

I'm sure Huber is going to attack this point like a raving madman but you can interpret that "new save file" line many ways which is again indicating the weakness of the contract they came up with. You can't leave anything ambiguous when you're dealing with the best.

• I made a gif. Didn't want to spend to much time on it but for half an hour it worked out ok. Sorry about the borders.
    Bild Text

• Bossman will be judged before the Seven (Damiani doesn't count, he is disqualified as a huge LttP fan).

• @Dragonhunter said in Bosman Plays A Link to the Past:

I made a gif. Didn't want to spend to much time on it but for half an hour it worked out ok. Sorry about the borders.
    Bild Text

Can you gif his head onto Rick Astley's

Bloodworth just posted on GAF that Bosman is the personification of a rick roll

• You really gotta love Bosman "Bow down to the king"

• This post is deleted!

• I'm surprised people didn't think this was the best outcome for Kyle losing the bet.
    Honestly, would you rather watch Kyle play a game he dislikes but probably not nearly as much as he says he does or watch him be an evil mastermind?
    Kyle loves playing the villain and I'm sure he plays up his hate for Lttp because he likes being the one guy that hates a popular classic.

• @Olf_Himself My thinking exactly. Huber could have made the bet interesting on its own... make Kyle record, VO, and cut his own review of LTTP or something. He didn't, he tried to get specific about something mostly boring. If it wasn't INTENDED for Kyle to troll, well, Kyle is just saving him from himself.