Selective Creation: Select the 30 Best Sony Has Ever Offered!

• One final brand for a Second Chance Build and it's all about the brand that is currently king (Sales wise): Sony! Time to pick the 30 best games to come out across any and every Sony platform.

What does this mean? Well, we're here to determine what the 30 best games from Sony are. ANY game originally released on the Playstation, PS2, PS3, PSP, PS Vita, and PS4 is up for nomination. A game MAY have been ported, but it MUST have been originally available on a Sony exclusive console for AT LEAST SIX months

As always - Quick rule refresher for potential new players:

Here's the breakdown: You've been given the power to green-light 30 games, but here's the catch: these 30 games will be the ONLY games to be remembered from Sony. What should be the games that make the cut? By giving 30 select titles, you are essentially playing an inverse of Kill Your Babies.

You can only give one title until four people have added after you OR 12 hours have passed since the last overall addition, NOT NECESSARILY YOURS, so think really hard about which game should be on the list. It could be your favorite game, or if your favorite is already present, then you can add another you hold dear. Or if you have no love or interest from Sony, get to trolling if it makes you happy.

To keep some diversity, I'm instituting a franchise cap. So if two entries of a series get put on the list, a third CAN NOT be added.

Once you have given a game, please keep a running list going for the benefit of the next person that would like to play. Because I'm pitching the game, I will refrain from adding to the list unless absolutely necessary because it would be unfair for me to skew the list in my favor.

And so Allies, what are the definitive 30 games that define the various Playstation Platforms?

Have fun!

• Gitaroo Man

I gotta go with my heart. If I'm picking my favorite game that was made specifically for a Playstation system, it's this one.

• Gitaroo Man
    The Last Of Us

The first thing that came to mind, probably my favorite game of last gen.

• Gitaroo Man
    The Last Of Us
    Frequency

Where all the lovely rhythm madness began.

I feel like 30 is going to give us a very limited list that will fill fast. If we hit the max quickly, can I recommend letting the list be allowed to grow larger?

• Gitaroo Man
    The Last Of Us
    Frequency
    Jak and Daxter

One of my favorite games. There are elements in this game that I had never expected from games when I played it. Granted, I was pretty young so didn't have much experience with games, but even when I replayed it in October, there were elements that caught me off guard. I'm still impressed that there isn't a single loading screen between areas of the world (unless you count going to/coming back from Misty Island, but that's more of a cutscene, really).

• Gitaroo Man
    The Last Of Us
    Frequency
    Jak and Daxter
    Poy Poy

• Gitaroo Man
    The Last Of Us
    Frequency
    Jak and Daxter
    Poy Poy
    MediEvil

Such a fun game, I wish they'd bring it back!

• @Axel It's one of the first PSX games I beat!

• Gitaroo Man
    The Last Of Us
    Frequency
    Jak and Daxter
    Poy Poy
    MediEvil
    PaRappa the Rapper

One of the first games that comes to mind the second I think of the original PlayStation.

• @Brannox Also just to clarify, it has to be Sony exclusive for at least 6 months?

• Gitaroo Man
    The Last Of Us
    Frequency
    Jak and Daxter
    Poy Poy
    MediEvil
    PaRappa the Rapper
    Metal Gear Solid

It's one of the greats™

• Gitaroo Man
    The Last Of Us
    Frequency
    Jak and Daxter
    Poy Poy
    MediEvil
    PaRappa the Rapper
    Metal Gear Solid
    The Bouncer

Felt like an evolution and now feels like a precursor to other things, which I think is neat.

• Gitaroo Man
    The Last Of Us
    Frequency
    Jak and Daxter
    Poy Poy
    MediEvil
    PaRappa the Rapper
    Metal Gear Solid
    Shadow Hearts: Covenant

Was going to put FF9, but decided on this instead.

• Gitaroo Man
    The Last Of Us
    Frequency
    Jak and Daxter
    Poy Poy
    MediEvil
    PaRappa the Rapper
    Metal Gear Solid
    The Bouncer
    Final Fantasy VII

Probably THE defining PSX game.

• Gitaroo Man
    The Last Of Us
    Frequency
    Jak and Daxter
    Poy Poy
    MediEvil
    PaRappa the Rapper
    Metal Gear Solid
    The Bouncer
    Final Fantasy VII
    Ōkami

Wonderful journey in a beautiful world. The most Zelda you can get on PlayStation.

• Gitaroo Man
    The Last Of Us
    Frequency
    Jak and Daxter
    Poy Poy
    MediEvil
    PaRappa the Rapper
    Metal Gear Solid
    The Bouncer
    Final Fantasy VII
    Ōkami
    International Superstar Soccer 98'

• Gitaroo Man
    The Last Of Us
    Frequency
    Jak and Daxter
    Poy Poy
    MediEvil
    PaRappa the Rapper
    Metal Gear Solid
    The Bouncer
    Final Fantasy VII
    Ōkami
    International Superstar Soccer 98
    God of War 2

One of the most satisfying beatemups ever made. This is how you do a sequel.

• Gitaroo Man
    The Last Of Us
    Frequency
    Jak and Daxter
    Poy Poy
    MediEvil
    PaRappa the Rapper
    Metal Gear Solid
    The Bouncer
    Final Fantasy VII
    Ōkami
    God of War 2
    Yakuza 5

Masterpiece.

• Gitaroo Man
    The Last Of Us
    Frequency
    Jak and Daxter
    Poy Poy
    MediEvil
    PaRappa the Rapper
    Metal Gear Solid
    The Bouncer
    Final Fantasy VII
    Ōkami
    God of War 2
    Yakuza 5
    Uncharted 4

• @Sazime No, to lengthen the list curtails the purpose of having a set number. AND Microsoft and Nintendo had 30, so all should be equal. It just so happens many people have more affinity for Playstation exclusives. If that is because Sony is just better at exclusivity, or many of us have grown up on Playstation, I can't tell.

@CGamor7 As long as a game was exclusive to a Sony system, REGARDLESS of system, for AT LEAST six months, it counts. A game CAN be ported over, but it must have been innate to the system for a significant amount of time.

Looks like your connection to Easy Allies Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.