Scorpio First Look Coming Thursday

• @LordBaztion Didn't Microsoft say VR wasn't a focus? Or have they said these will be compatible with their system?

• @CGamor7 those devices are primary made to work with Windows 10. Their design (I'm talking more about the motion controllers) is more aimed to productivity rather than gaming. At the end of the conference about Mixed Reality (that's their name for AR -hololens- and VR) they said more about VR at E3, so, it's very likely they will continue their presentation with Scorpio (maybe they will be at the PC conference too). Besides, the Scorpio is above the minimum specs of the Acer headset, so it seems very likely that those will be on Scorpio.

• @LordBaztion Interesting, would make sense.

• Here some impressions from Tom Warren about Acer's Mixed Reality Headset
    https://www.theverge.com/2017/5/11/15627374/microsoft-windows-mixed-reality-hands-on

The demo experience I tested was a weather map that let you analyze data on wind direction and precipitation. It was fairly basic, but interactive. I could walk around and briefly test the six degrees of freedom which seemed to work well with the sensors built into the device. I used an Xbox One controller to drop pins and interact with the map, but Microsoft is also releasing motion controllers with a round trackpad, analog stick, and menu button.

I was most surprised by the actual experience of using this Mixed Reality headset. I was expecting a HoloLens setup, but it’s literally just virtual reality.

• @CGamor7 haha well i'm hoping for a Crackdown 3 blowout, a Sea of Thieves release date, and something genuinely exclusive that makes me go "well I have to see how that runs on Scorpio!" I really feel like they're fighting an uphill battle...

• It seems MS is developing a MMO with VR support. Definitely not the kind of game I was waiting for. "we have to stop making some things to do others", indeed.
    https://mspoweruser.com/microsoft-creating-massive-mixed-reality-multi-player-online-game-xbox-pc/

• Time to update this thread:

Microsoft has been teasing Scorpio with a couple of trailers. Aparently those have hidden messages, according to the verge:

1. the console could be called Xbox 10 S
    2. It may launch in october 13 (which is friday)
    3. and it could cost less than $400
    4. Also, 6>4
      https://www.theverge.com/2017/6/7/15754260/microsoft-xbox-e3-project-scorpio-teaser-trailers

Besides, Mike Ybarra said the they unlocked an extra gb of ram for developers, so Moster Mode activated
    alt text

• Banned

Screw Xbox, Xbox 2 or Xbox 3.

Get ready for fucking XBOX 10!!

• ^I think the name is inspired by the amount of exclusive games in the entire Xbox One lifecicle.

• Scorpio as a business venture seems like a tricky thing both for Microsoft to pitch and for consumers to try to understand. I think even if it checks all the boxes we expect it to, and it comes in at $399, it may not matter in terms of units sold versus the competition.

The issue is the library of exclusives. I did some research to compare the list of exclusives. I included games across all regions, as well as "console exclusives" (meaning there may be a PC version). I didn't, however, include timed exclusives. These are also strictly games that have already been released in at least one region. No games that have yet to launch were included. I think it's pretty obvious that these numbers are a huge part of why Microsoft is going to continue to struggle.

Retail
    XB1: 24 exclusive games
    PS4: 149 exclusive games

Digital
    XB1: 126 exclusive games
    PS4: 370 exclusive games

Having said that, I don't see Scorpio as a doom-and-gloom situation. I also don't subscribe to the belief that the Scorpio failing to topple the PS4 is somehow a failure for the Xbox brand. I think that may be a little shortsighted. What Microsoft does on Sunday will be the path going forward. Scorpio could be a great foundation for regaining the attention and trust of consumers. Microsoft is seemingly no longer complacent. Competition forced them to act.

So even if things stay the same and the PS4 continues to dominate, I'd be really concerned for the future of PlayStation if we don't see system and ideology improvements in the years to come. "Games games games" is a great strategy when your exclusives are unmatched. But if your competition closes that gap then it becomes a battle of who has the better hardware, systems, deals, etc.