Scorpio First Look Coming Thursday

• Banned

@ib0show It's selling less than half as much as the competition in both console and game sales, is constantly dropping exclusive titles (and what exclusives it does have are available on PC), they were the laughing stock of the entire industry for years after they revealed the Bone, sell single digits weekly in Japan (which means a little less than half the industry gives zero fucks about it) and, at least in my opinion, has butchered some of its greatest franchises by homogenizing the fuck out of them and completely ignoring what made them great in the first place.

Youtube Video

@Yoshi what are you talking about dude? I had. WiiU before I even had a PS4.
    To answer your question, yes, I would have loved if Nintendo had actually supported the WiiU properly. Shit's library was almost as anaemic as the Wii's.

• Pretty much seems like more teraflops.

It's a bump over the PS4pro, as expected, but other than having 12gb of ddr5, and having more/better texture pipelines, I'm not overly impressed. Dx12 and Atmos built in are nice. But... i feel like Dx12 is being shoved down people's throats right now hoping that Vulkan doesn't leave it in the dust. No games that i know of currently support Atmos, and most people's receivers and speakers don't either. Maybe headphones? I dunno.

Vapor chamber cooling? Welcome to cpu cooling circa 1997. People will know this newfangled technology as a "heat pipe" and Sony's been using them in consumer electronics for 37 years. :p

If it's $500 as speculated? Personally... meh.

• @El-Shmiablo said in Scorpio First Look Coming Thursday:

what are you talking about dude? I had. WiiU before I even had a PS4.
    To answer your question, yes, I would have loved if Nintendo had actually supported the WiiU properly. Shit's library was almost as anaemic as the Wii's.

Nintendo did support the Wii U properly. it has way more exclusives than both PS4 and Xbox One.

No one bought it though because of things like the lack of 3rd Party support. it's only natural they'd want to try something new and move on to something different if the system wasn't selling even after 4 years

• Banned

@Yoshi Nintendo doesn't have a games problem. They have an image problem.

Nobody looks at the Wii, Wii U, or the Switch and think to themselves "Yep, that's my main console of choice!".
    It's more of a "Yep, that's more Mario.", "Yep, that's more Zelda.", "Yep, more last gen graphics.", "Yep, more shitty online service."

• @Art said in Scorpio First Look Coming Thursday:

Nobody looks at Switch and think to themselves "Yep, that's my main console of choice!

last time i checked Switch was breaking records and Gamestop was saying they think it has the potential to sell even more than the Wii did

• Banned

@Yoshi I'm not talking sales. I'm talking about attach rate and overall longevity.

Wii was a door stop / dust collector at the end of the day.

• @Art calling Switch a doorstop after it literally only being on the shelf for a month despite the system breaking sales records. LOL.

• Finally I watched with calm the 15 min video and I'm getting excited, it seems MS is doing a great job in building the console. I specially like the part of "this is one of the world's biggest companies focusing on producing the most powerful console ever".

Overall, I'm glad to see the positibe reception of the core audiences to a MS console.

• I definitely see the appeal to this if you don't mind spending the money, have 4K and are invested in Xbox. It's going to potentially be the best place to play third party games.

However, for myself I can't help but think PS5 is going to be a winter 2019 release. That's not that far away. Will Xbox have a new console then? I would assume so, but who knows. Also I'm at the point where I'm really started to entertain the idea of PC gaming. Either way next gen specs will blow this out out of the water. So do ppl wait or jump on this now? This is probably the most expensive gen ever lol.

The first party games are gonna look amazing, but how willthird party stuff run?

To me this is no different then the 360 releasing after the original Xbox. Microsoft early start to next gen but they will never admit it. Because now they can keep games running on the Xbone.

Anyways, the power sounds cool, I won't get one but I'm interested to see how the market takes to it and what sony's next move is.

• Banned

@Yoshi said in Scorpio First Look Coming Thursday:

Nintendo did support the Wii U properly. it has way more exclusives than both

PS4

Hahaha no.

@Yoshi said in Scorpio First Look Coming Thursday:

XBox One

This one I give you.

The WiiU had some great exclusive titles fo sure, but they were few in number and far between.
    Don't get me wrong. I still play Smash with my buddies and Kart with my girlfriend, but a lot of the WiiU's library wasn't exactly stellar.
    I feel it is kind of telling of a console's library when one of it's must-have titles is a musou game.

• @El-Shmiablo Selling half against the competition is not a bad thing. Xbox will hit 40 million at least during life time sales which is good.

• Banned

@ib0show 50% of the playerbase with 25% of the exclusive games gives Microsoft about a 5% chance of me ever buying a One.

• @ib0show That's debatable really. It really depends on what they forecast themselves. It's good in the sense that I believe it's selling more than Xbox 360 but Microsoft might have been hoping for better sales.

And then of course it just looks bad when you compare it with PS4 which I imagine is what most people do.

• @tokeeffe9 I understand doing better but people make it like they're doing wii u numbers

• @El-Shmiablo PS4 has exclusives, but hardly any of them are actually memorable.

sure you've got things usual things like your Uncharted,and your Killzone and also a few new memorable hits like Bloodbourne.

but most of the PS4 exclusives are usually either extremely niche weeb type of games like Yakuza which wasn't even released in the west and was Japan only, Remasters of old games like the Crash Bandicoot Trilogy, or just things hardly anyone really gave a shit about at all like (lol) Knack.

• @Yoshi said in Scorpio First Look Coming Thursday:

@El-Shmiablo PS4 has exclusives, but hardly any of them are actually memorable.

sure you've got things usual things like your Uncharted,and your Killzone and also a few new memorable hits like Bloodbourne.

but most of the PS4 exclusives are usually either extremely niche weeb type of games like Yakuza which wasn't even released in the west and was Japan only, Remasters of old games like the Crash Bandicoot Trilogy, or just things hardly anyone really gave a shit about at all like (lol) Knack.

Errr you must have been living in a cave for the past 6 months...

• @Axel if you're about to tell me that The Last Guardian is memorable then i'm going say yeah sure, it's memorable for being such a massive dissapointment for all the hype it's generated over these years and laugh my ass off

• This is all well and good but start show us some games Microsoft!

I mean in all seriousness, it does sound impressive, and I'm sure the people involved have worked their cotton socks off. But for a games console we need to see games and what makes this worth buying.

• Banned

@Yoshi The Last Guardian is memorable to me. I haven't felt such a strong connection to an AI controlled character since Alyx in Half-Life 2.
    Do you mind elaborating as to what exactly you found so disappointing about the game, or are you reverting to old habits amd parroting what 4chan says about games you haven't played?

• @El-Shmiablo i'm not saying The Last Guardian is a bad game by any means.

but going off review scores with it getting mostly mid 70's and early 80's scores on metacritic out of 100. The Last Guardian may not be a bad game per say but it definitely didn't live up to the massive hype that Sony fans were acting so desperate for, like as if it was going to be a guaranteed Game of the Year, or even Game of the Century type of game the way they were clamoring for it over the last decade.

a game doesn't have to be bad to be a big disappointment. just like how Super Smash Bros Brawl on Wii isn't a bad game by any means but was a massive disappointment to the Melee community.