Nintendo Direct April 12th

• finally a nintendo direct and from what the outline disribces nothing interesting for the switch is going to happen :(

• We should hopefully get Arms and Splatoon 2 release dates so yay!

But what I'm really hoping for is some details on the Switch Virtual Console, even if it is just a tease of what it will be and when it will happen.

I have hope because both Arms and Splatoon 2 are going to be big pushes for the multiplayer functionality of the Switch with the Nintendo equivalent of PS+/XBL. Which as we know has Virtual Console releases tied into is as incentives.

BELIEVE!

• @thenerdtheword
    I have a feeling we will see something VC related. Best case we get a window for when VC will show up or a date for a VC focused Direct. At worst possibly a small video similar to how they announced Zapper games coming to the WiiU eShop (Idk, show someone playing Melee on the go with "More details to be announced at a later date)

• Arms to get a may release date while Splatoon gets a June and maybe a date on fire emblem warriors?

• This has me intrigued. It makes me wonder what they'll hold for E3 if they go in with the likes of Splatoon 2 and Arms now. Also, I'm wondering if Splatoon 2 will be released around the time of E3 to start off the summer.

• @Churchy yea june/july would be a great time to releaase it not much coming out

• I was telling a friend, just a couple hours before the announcement, that a Direct would make perfect sense this week, I could feel it in my bones!

The focus on ARMS and Splatoon 2 is logical, and I'm pretty sure there will also be a big focus on Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. The way most of their Directs work is always to give all the juicy details for the games coming out in the next 2 months, plus the occasional shadow drop/surprise reveal.

So yes, this Direct will focus mainly on everything coming out between now and E3. Any big Switch announcement will be kept for E3 itself, except maybe VC. Probably some release dates for indie games too (Stardew Valley, Overcooked, etc.)

On the 3DS front, I expect a quick talk about Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia, but they've already been promoting that one heavily so I doubt they'll spend too much time on it. We'll probably see more of that 2D Pikmin game, and new info on Ever Oasis.

I'm moderately excited for this one!

• @Axel
    I dont think we'll see much of MK8D, if we do it will probably be a quick look.
    As for the 2D Pikmin game I have a strange feeling its either getting a dual release on 3DS an Switch or its getting stealth dropped that day on 3DS, with a Switch version later

• alt text

• @DMCMaster I'd even bet that it might end up being scrapped altogether. I don't know why I just have a feeling about it.

• @Churchy I've had that feeling for a while too. I'd say if we don't hear anything about it in this Direct, it's as good as dead.

• @Churchy I doubt it will get outright scrapped.
    This is Nintendo we're talking about, not Microsoft

• Bundle Incomng

Youtube Video

• @Yoshi if thats true im gonna be pissed

• Pikmin looks great!

• What a Day for Science!!!!

and omg ARMS looks Amazing! :D

• A good update to the stuff we knew about already and a nice helping of new things too :D

• GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY WAY ASSHOLES!

IT'S MINE DAMN YOU!!!!!!

alt text

• @Axel Well we were both wrong on Pikmin! At least we've seen something and it now has a release date! @El-Shmiablo had it all along! To be honest the game looks alright okay.

Overall this was a pretty good direct. It was nice to have more footage, details and release dates than in January. Although, why bother mentioning Rayman Legends if they're just going to give us a vague release of 2017?!