Kyle Bosman cheating E3 bets last evening.

• @TheMarcV It kills me a bit when Kyle himself has explained why they have bets/stakes. He's literally explained my point of view himself. (see above quote)

Now, I'm 100% sure he did it for the comedic effect. But not every joke lands.

• @TooMuchPassionFGames I think you got the spirit of this thing down. Doing what you propose would be good for the bit and might even eventually lead to Kyle playing the game. Much better than getting salty over basically nothing.

Some people are serious about the bets, the stakes everything. Others see this as a funny bit. This is like a necessary, natural divide that is bound to happen so let's not get too carried way because of it.

• @Stormcrownn
    I completely get your point of how getting around the bet kinda lessen the stakes. Let's just not kid ourselves tho, Kyle might have gotten out of the true nature of the bet but at the end of the day he still lost and when he does his little 'Bosman from Home' or whatever (love that show by the way) there is no Sessler Cup (spelling?) looking back at him telling him he did good, all he see's is a blank wall where it would have been and is filled with emptiness till he can attempt to win it back.
    That's what is really a stake here.

• As Huber is a huge wrestling fan, there is no way he does not love Kyle being a heel like this.

• I look forward to the loop holes as much as I do the stakes being fulfilled. I'm entertained by either/both.

• Kyle plays a great heel.

• I'm excited to see how this event ripples through the EZA Universe

• Looking back, the contract doesn't contain the word "play". I think Bosman is covered in this respect with this DECISIVE EVIDENCE! (Phoenix Wright tone)

• reposting my thoughts from the "Bosman Plays A Link to the Past" thread on the Shows Board

I am appalled at the way Mr. Bosman has been portrayed after these recent events. This is a honest man, with integrity and respect towards bets. Through the history of GT Time, Final Bets, and The Easy Allies Podcasts he fairly and reasonably fulfilled all terms of the bets he makes, and yet he has been bullied, called a troll, and backed into a corner. This was a man who’s hand was forced. A man who had to defend his honor.

“But but but!” You may whimper. “But the hour long comedy special! He weaseled his way out of that one!”.

Do you truly believe that was a reasonable request? 1 hour of original stand up? No, it was the request of a mad man! It would not even be reasonable to ask Bill Burr or Dave Chappelle to come up with an hour of material in such a short timeframe! Mr. Bosman simply did what he was capable of.

No, the true wrongdoer is the one and only, Michael P. Huber. This is a man who does not respect the sanctity of a bet. A man who will make unreasonable stake, and then MOCK and DEGRADE the loser for failing to accomplish it.

Let us take a step back to the Final Bets – The Game Awards & PSX 2015. Mr. Bosman puts forth the stakes that Mr. Huber will have to play 3 video game songs on his clarinet, and stream this concert live. Mr. Huber then places the most ludicrous stakes imaginable. That Mr. Bosman must play a video game of the viewer’s choice from start to end credits, in a single sitting. This is the actions of a madman.

Now let’s look at the most recent bet fulfillment, the 10 minute standup performance with original material. As should be suspected, Mr. Bosman honorably and completely fulfills the terms, and puts on a 10 minute standup special with hilarious, ORIGINAL material , even includes an ENCORE JOKE to wrap up the performance.

But still, Mr. Bosman cannot escape the torment and bullying from his colleagues. He is harassed, mocked, and accused of being a dishonorable better.

Now it is time to for the E3 2016 betting special. To mock Mr. Bosman further, Mr. Huber shoves a BETTING CONTRACT in Mr. Bosman’s face, an act unheard of in the history of GT and EZA bets. This is an act of aggression. Mr. Huber’s intent was to insult Mr. Bosman, to rub in his face his reputation as a dishonorable man, and to humiliate him. Flabbergasted, Mr. Bosman signs the contract.

Mr. Bosman has clearly had enough. He’s found the courage to stand up for himself, and defend his name. This is not the act of a “troll”. This is the act of a man who understands what is right and what is wrong. Mr. Bosman should be celebrated as a hero, and if he is found guilty today, the people should riot.

• alt text

• OMG! Trail of the Century tonight! Do you guys think he'll be found innocent or guilty?

• @TheMarcV He's innocent, but they should consider him guilty as they can drag this out for at least another stream.

More streams = more content = more views = more Easy $$$ = More content

• @TheHashtag0nist
    I think he is too, but there's some aspects that might be brought into question (that I could just be wrong about). I believe it said it was suppose to be a Live stream of a 100% run of LttP. However what Kyle showed was a recording of a live play through. Also, he did start a new save file on the first stream, this save file has yet to reach 100% completion.

Maybe Huber can gain some ground on these items but for the most part it seems like Kyle found and exploited loopholes.

• @TheMarcV said in Kyle Bosman cheating E3 bets last evening.:

OMG! Trail of the Century tonight! Do you guys think he'll be found innocent or guilty?

The OJ trials got nothing on this :D

• @TheMarcV said in Kyle Bosman cheating E3 bets last evening.:

OMG! Trail of the Century tonight! Do you guys think he'll be found innocent or guilty?

Guilty of hurting feelings? Sure. Guilty of a contract breach? Not. A. Change.

• @TheMarcV I guess this is why I'm as bothered by it as I am.

In my eyes, you can't interpret a live stream of a playthrough to be a rebroadcast. No one who is use to twitch would tell you "I'm live streaming a game" - to be anything other than them playing that game.

If nothing else, you can't consider that playthrough to be live. The video is being played live, but the PLAYTHROUGH is not live. Which was the wording.

• @Stormcrownn
    I tend to agree, the only thing that was actually Live was Kyle and him playing Skyward Sword. It is up to those EZA Judges to interpret the contract and come to a fair and just ruling.

• @Stormcrownn Interesting idea, to differentiate between "livestream" as a noun versus "live stream" as a compound verb. Counsel for Huber would have to argue such a colloquialism exists and is understood in the Twitch world, and that it should be interpreted as such.

• Thinking about this some more, why not leave it up to the audience or pateron supporters. Take a poll and let the people decide.