EZA Anime Club [Official Thread]

• As promised in the other thread, the EZA Anime Club has now begun! Here's how it works:

1. At the link at the bottom of this post, there is a spreadsheet where you can enter animes to watch. Fill out the form at least two days before the start date because I will be reviewing posted content for any possible trolling (unlikely, but it's a possibility I want to watch out for.) You may have up to one noodles and up to one broth.
    2. Each first Monday of the month will be noodles, which is a popular anime. The third Monday of each month will be broth, which is an overlooked or otherwise underappreciated series. We're borrowing the noodles and broth format from Frame Trap and Ben because it's thematically related to the club and because it helps make sure that we get a good mix of mainstream favorites and hidden gems.
    3. We will watch the first three episodes of that series and can discuss it in a separate thread specifically for that show that will go up the Monday that the next show begins its rotation. This will happen in Blogs, and for easy identification these thread titles will follow the format of "EZA Anime Club Watches __ [SPOILERS]".
    4. Form clarification--content warnings are anything that may be excessively emotionally distressing to someone or anything that might warrant a parental advisory on a game or movie. People of all ages are active in the EZA community, so please be respectful towards our younger members and list anything that parents may find objectionable. Consider if you would be okay with a 15 year old watching your suggested show.

A few more quick notes: you are in no way expected to follow a schedule. If you can't find the time to keep up, that's totally reasonable. Part of the three-episode limit is to make it easier for people working full time by removing the expectation that you need to watch all of a 26 or even 52-episode series. If that's the case, consider our watch list more like a suggestion than a schedule. However, know that there will be spoilers in the posts as we discuss each show. We also want to make sure that as many people as possible have the opportunity to share their favorite shows, which is why the form asks for your username. This helps us make sure that the schedule isn't being unfairly dominated by one or two users.

Thanks for reading that block of text, and without further ado here's the link!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uZwj9S9pzKMvNgebcve1cxfT1JCNlVDswAuilU2pL7Y/edit?usp=sharing

CURRENT SHOW INFO
    CHEF: Mechanoid
    NAME: Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun
    GENRE: Comedic romance
    NOODLES/BROTH: Noodles
    WARNINGS: None

• I added a show, not sure if it's Noodles or Broth (this is what happens when you're the only person you know who watched anime), so feel free to change the category if necessary.

I linked directly to IMDB's content warnings, since they cover a lot and I didn't want to clutter the sheet.

• Put something down for noodles. Looking forward to discussion.

• So, is this series only, or can we suggest features? A single feature is likely around the same length as three episodic installments of a series. Just wondering.

• @TokyoSlim I can't speak for alex but I vote movies are okay. I think we should at least add a guideline that the anime in question is somewhat easy to find online.

Is everyone here comfortable with fansubs? It's in a grey area but getting a hold of more obscure stuff, fansubs might be the best option.

• I'm good with fansubs but not fandubs. And films can be on the table, like you said one feature is about the same length as three episodes anyway.

• @alexwhiteplays said in EZA Anime Club [Official Thread]:

I'm good with fansubs but not fandubs. And films can be on the table, like you said one feature is about the same length as three episodes anyway.

Agreed.

• Just wanted to pop in with a thank you for setting up this thread! I'll be purposely pushing slightly out-there stuff, but if you see any Boku no Pico-esque stuff that's not me :p

• As someone who has now listed two items, I am open to discussion to be superseded by someone who has not yet posted something.

• May I suggest the Blogs section for the thread for the specific anime of that specific fortnight to reduce congestion in this thread? Reasoning is prevention of the burial of the anime's thread and potentially allowing for spoiler type discussion to be made in a place that isn't accidentally scrolled through by others.

• @Mr-M I actually think that's a great idea, I edited the OP to reflect this policy change. I can also be responsible for making sure those threads go up, which will happen on the day of the switch between shows (as in every first and third Monday).

• Oh hell, I am so following this

• So we are only watching the first 3 episodes then moving on?

• @Lexad That's about it. 3 episodes, some discussion, and possibly a separate blog thread for more indepth stuff. I've watched Another already but I'm rewatching to refresh my memory. Currently on episode 2... My mistake. I need to read more carefully.

We will watch the first three episodes of that series and can discuss it in a separate thread specifically for that show that will go up the Monday that the next show begins its rotation. This will happen in Blogs, and for easy identification these thread titles will follow the format of "EZA Anime Club Watches __ [SPOILERS]".

• @Mechanoid I'm actually really happy you added ReLIFE. I just binge watched the entire season two days ago, and now I'm a broken shell of a man because there is no second season ;_;

• So do we actually discuss the episodes here? I don't see a separate thread and I've just watched Another.

• @michemagius If I'm reading it correctly, the discussion thread should go up on the 18th in the blogs section.

• @Mechanoid Ah I see. I'll look out for the blog of nightmares then.

• Been slacking, gotta catch up on my first bowl of noodles and broth this weekend. I might actually make noodles and broth to go with.

• The discussion thread for "Another" has just gone up, and the OP has been edited to our first broth, "C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control"!