Yakuza Kiwami (PS4)

• Preorder Steelbook and regular edition same price.
    That price is $29.99 on Amazon.

alt text

So this is the remastered Yakuza 1 which takes place following the events of Yakuza 0.
    The game has been updated with some new features, which include the graphical elements, combat and upgrade system from Zero, and "Majima Everywhere" which I think puts more Majima battles into the game. Which I'm not sure is good or not? lol

Well, enjoy!

There's some spoilers in this trailer. If you havent played anything other than Zero, I'd skip this trailer.

• My legs are weak. More Yakuza to get my blood flowing!
    Though I will wait to pre-order in case of future preorder bonuses like Zero did.

• @parasitepaladin said in Yakuza Kiwami: August 29th:

Though I will wait to pre-order in case of future preorder bonuses like Zero did.

Not sure what you mean by that. I preordered Zero the second it became available to do so and got everything.

• Bit surprised at the $30 price tag, also love that steelbook art.

• @DMCMaster It's a shorter game, and a remaster.
    Zero was a completely new game.

Yakuza 6 will be Q1 next year and should be the next full priced Yakuza game. Then hopefully a Y2 remaster will be announced for later on in 2018, which will be the next remaster priced game?

• The year of dreams continues!

• Global Moderator

I'm sold already after having finished "Yakuza 0" earlier this year.

• @TokyoSlim As I recall, only Gamestop had posters. (though I could be wrong) Just want to keep an eye out for anything extra.

• @TokyoSlim said in Yakuza Kiwami - (PS4)/August 29th:

It's a shorter game, and a remaster.

Oh really? How short are we talking here? Because despite loving Yakuza 0, I gotta admit I feel a bit burnt out. But if it's a streamlined 10-hour experience, then I'm all for it!

• @parasitepaladin Oh, Gamestop.

The last new game I bought from Gamestop was Skyrim.

• @Axel Well, the original game was about 20 hours for a pretty through playthrough when I did it earlier this year.
    Main story is like half as long as Zero. They've added a bunch of sidequests and Majima stuff, but I don't know how long that is. Probably anticipate like 20-30 hours as average guesstimate.

I put 81 hours into zero

• @TokyoSlim Ah ok not as short as I hoped, but compared to Zero it's indeed smaller. I guess the only question is whether I'll buy it at launch or a couple months later then! ;)

• @Axel The first Yakuza is around 15 hours long
    EDIT: Just saw @TokyoSlim answered your question

• While I'm happy with the original on PS2, I'll still pick this up. That's a really nice case too!

• 0 got me hooked on the series so this is a day 1 for sure (well, depends where I order). Bit annoyed that SEGA goes Nintendo with their pricing and want 35€ (like Switch costs 330€ when normaly we'd just get the $ replaced with the €, which is already more) but I'm sure I can find a PEGI version for 30€, like I found Horizon and P5 for 60 (insted of 65-70).

• I really want to play the first 2 Yakuza games. I really hope Sega puts them on PS4.

• @Ringedwithtile Kiwami is Yakuza 1

So yeah, we're all hoping they announce 2 soon.

• @TokyoSlim ehh, Kiwami's Kiwami. I know it's a remake, but I'd really like to play the series from how it began. I like seeing how a series progresses in an artistic sense; I'm a release order guy.

• Having played through Y1 less than 6 months ago, I can definitively say that the improvements in frame rate, graphical improvements and controls that they have done to kiwami make Y1 a better, more modern game. The story holds up, but the polish and QOL improvements they've made since 2005 are pretty significant.

They've just managed to get people in the west interested in the series with Zero. I think dropping unrefined Y1 low rez jank on them is probably a bad marketing strategy. lol
    Releasing the original game also competes with Kiwami and confuses people as to what game they are buying.

The story holds up, but I'm glad I'm not going to be playing vanilla Y1 again.

• @Ringedwithtile even on the psn store would be great.

Looks like your connection to Easy Allies Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.