Mr. Shifty (Switch/PC)

• Mr. Shifty is a cel-shaded 2.5D top-down action game with 1-hit deaths, 1-hit kill weapons, and lots of destructible environments and ragdolling. It's $15 on both Switch and PC. Games media say it's like Hotline Miami, but I haven't played Hotline Miami, so who even knows if it's really like Hotline Miami!

I do know that I played the first 8 levels on Switch in portable mode and had a pretty great time for someone who usually doesn't go for 1-note, gameplay centric indie games. There is a good progression of enemies and new mechanics, but more than anything teleporting around and punching extras from a Rush Hour movie (a 2-hit kill) just feels good.

It isn't amazingly tactical once you get the concept of porting behind walls and punching people in the back and the number of enemies seemed to increase to scale the difficulty, but I don't think it needs to be much more than that with how enjoyable it is. The game has slight frame rate stutters at the end of some of the longer enemy assault rooms — where the continually spawning suits pile up on the floor and glass and wall debris scatters around — on Switch in portable mode. However, I think it would be an exaggeration to say that hurts the experience.

Anyway, I just wanted to share my impressions since I enjoyed it so much. If you decide to take the $15 plunge, let me know what you think.

• From the trailer alone it looks like it's Hotline Miami with somewhat destructible enviroments and ability to teleport. Which alone makes this definitely something I'll check out when I get a chance.

Right now my budget says NO. -.-'

Looks like your connection to Easy Allies Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.