Counseling question

• Hey Allies, I have a question for you all. I recently seen a counselor for my depression and anxiety. (I probably should have went earlier due to me graduating from college in about three weeks.) Anyway, she signed me up for group therapy. It is called the Thrive Hour. It is a highly experiential venue for self-care and empowerment. While that is a good for me, I am also scared.
    Has anyone here went to group therapy? Thanks in advance!

• I had a really positive experience with group therapy! I was also there for depression, and I found that being in a kinda-sorta-social setting made certain parts of me come out more than in one-on-one sessions. It's a different experience for sure, but it can be really rewarding. The chance to really open up and be vulnerable with others was for me one of the most exciting and most difficult parts. It can be hard or awkward at first, but just remember that you all have reasons for being there and that nobody will really judge you one way or the other. I'm really happy to hear that you've made this decision, and I hope it works as well for you as it did for me. After graduation, there are often free communal resources for continuing mental health care, especially in cities. If you poke around and do some research when you go wherever you end up after graduation, I'm sure you'll be able to find something, and if you can't and feel comfortable telling me where you're looking then I can help on the search too.

Love and respect!