Missing Shows and Monthly Commitments

• Hey Everyone,

Easy Allies just had an amazing E3 month and still managed to get out some great entertaining videos this month, I like the idea that they do what they enjoy.

I'm wondering if obligations made to us Paetrons could hold them back, such as the monthly Q&A stream. In E3 or other big gaming months would we complain or moan about these being delayed or skipped?

I'd like to think we're Easy Going.

• I think the current schedule is fine, and even if delays were to occur, I have a feel that EZA will provide good explanations for them, so I don't think anyone can complain about those delays.

Also, I'm sure that if they would get more support from patreon etc. they could pick up the pace even further, and produce even more, with higher production quality, which would be even more awesome.

• As a general whole, yes, most of us are easy going. However, due to the fact that some people removed funding due to Kyle Bosman's expert level trolling has reminded me that there are those that will definitely make skipping a show or two an issue.

• We've had some missed shows, and Jones usually has done an extra Cup of Jones, like this week for example.

With how their schedules work, I think they'd have time to do an extra show one week and no time another week.

For now, I think the default expectation (if any) is to maybe get an extra episode, but I think we would be okay with whatever they do.

I could see them saying "Hey, we didn't have time for X this week, so we're doing an extra stream on Saturday!" or something.

• @SabotageTheTruth said in Missing Shows and Monthly Commitments:

As a general whole, yes, most of us are easy going. However, due to the fact that some people removed funding due to Kyle Bosman's expert level trolling has reminded me that there are those that will definitely make skipping a show or two an issue.

People actually removed funding because of that?? Very surprised.

• @robert7lee I don't think people saw the stream and pulled funding, they saw the stream, went to go talk about it, and the subsequent argument in the community caused negative thoughts to the whole thing. Hence how well the trial went with the community. I mean, it was 50/50 within 20 votes. The community was clearly VERY torn.

People who were actually disappointed by the whole thing would be confronted by people saying "Why are you so serious? Stop being so entitled/ungrateful" and those things pissed people off. Me included.

• Global Moderator

What people say and do are two completely different things.

And honestly, I'm of the opinion that if someone removes their support for that than it was only a matter of time anyway.

• Anyone else think Jones is taking on to much work? Hoping Ian or Don might take a review or two under the belt so Jones can get on top of his backlog.

• @jords said in Missing Shows and Monthly Commitments:

Anyone else think Jones is taking on to much work? Hoping Ian or Don might take a review or two under the belt so Jones can get on top of his backlog.

Both of them are too busy. Jones said he wanted to teach Brad and Ben a few things so they could start editing their own reviews. But Don is freelance with other places and Ian has a lot of shit on his plate that he can't talk about.

• @jords Some people are full time and some people are part time (until they get more funding). If I recall from some conversations, Jones, Ben, Damiani are the only full time.

It's weird because it seems like they're all full time.

• Global Moderator

I was surprised by how annoyed some people seemed to be over that shows went missing over E3! I mean we got these AMAZING long GROUP streams! We got to see everyone creating amazing memories and they were all online for a long time!

Also I think they mentioned it a lot in the leadup to E3 week that they would be focusing on that! Also I think that if they hadnt done the E3 cover a lot of people (including me) would had been sad to miss such a milestone event!

As others have mentioned, they arent full-time and even if they were I dont think they would be able to satisfy everyone 100% of the time!

@robert7lee said in Missing Shows and Monthly Commitments:

I'd like to think we're Easy Going.

I kinda hope we are! <3

• Global Moderator

@Lotias Were people complaining about missing shows during E3?

Bit odd as from memory, all the shows actually went up? CoJ, both podcasts, Huber Syndrome and Easy update.

We even got the first view at Game Sleuth so that's really weird to hear.

• @tokeeffe9 said in Missing Shows and Monthly Commitments:

@Lotias Were people complaining about missing shows during E3?

Bit odd as from memory, all the shows actually went up? CoJ, both podcasts, Huber Syndrome and Easy update.

We even got the first view at Game Sleuth so that's really weird to hear.

Yeah not sure what the issue is. I think the only complain COULD POSSIBLY BE is that content went down after E3, and that makes sense that it does.

• One of the more confusing things about Patreon could very well be the expectation of what it means to be a Patreon.

It is great how much extra insight we can get into the EZA operation, e.g. with Cup of Jones and the Patreon posts. On the other hand, Patreon should be there to allow us to support creators like EZA to do what they do and how they do it.

If you're a patron, imho, you accept the content and the way it is delivered to you. You can give feedback, that's always great, but nobody should be obligated to follow it. Having Jones answer some of this in his show is a great way to handle this, imho.

And to be clear, EZA has been very upfront about what shows they can deliver at different Patreon stages, as well as in what frequency. Given their situation, nobody should be surprised that they are still working out kinks.

• @Lotias said in Missing Shows and Monthly Commitments:

I was surprised by how annoyed some people seemed to be over that shows went missing over E3!

It was a smart decision by them to do E3 coverage even if their other shows were compromised by it. I saw that the Easy Allies were streaming during the conferences and remembered them from the viral Shenmue video from last years E3. I decided I would check out what they had to say. Needless to say I immediately subscribed to their Youtube channel and became an Patron shortly after. I'm sure a few others had the same reaction.