Mario Kart DS
    Super Paper Mario
    Mario Strikers Charged
    Mario Party DS
    New Super Mario Bros. Wii
    Super Mario 3D Land
    Mario Kart 7
    Mario & Luigi: Dream Team

I don't like how MK7 plays, and it looks like grody mayonnaise like all Nintendo's 3D 3DS games besides like 3D Land and Monster Hunter.

And NSMB Wii is just a disappointing non-evolution of the arcadey gameplay of DS. More mega mushrooms, less secrets that require power ups from entirely different levels.

• Mario Power Tennis
    Mario vs. Donkey Kong
    Mario Kart DS
    Super Paper Mario
    Mario Strikers Charged
    Mario Party DS
    Super Mario 3D Land

All the sports games are gone. Rejoice

• Mario vs. Donkey Kong
    Mario Kart DS
    Super Paper Mario
    Mario Party DS
    Super Mario 3D Land

Now it's "Mario only" titles left, at least by name. Now the next person end this scenario, please.

• Mario Kart DS
    Super Paper Mario
    Mario Party DS

Super Mario 3D Land

My first and only kill of this topic. Not a fan of Paper Mario.

Mario Party? Really? Really?

• No matter who wins, we all lose.

• And we our now down to our final two! Which is THE premiere Mario game of ALL TIME?!

Mario Kart DS
    Super Mario 3D Land

Click the link, cast your vote, and come back at 8 p.m. EST to find out the answer!

http://www.strawpoll.me/12777504

• Blank vote for me, this was a travesty just like the Pokemon thread.

• I'm never not surprised by the results of these

@Axel Let us not speak of such things...

• I regret nothing.

• @Brannox HALT THE PRESSES! I just saw that one of my posts was made too soon. I made a kill, came back later, and counted enough people after that first kill to make a new kill, but I miscounted, meaning Mario Power Tennis and Mario Strikers Charged were (unfortunately) wrongfully killed. My bad

• @Doctor-Professor You are correct, and I'm ashamed of myself for not catching the error myself. This is really painful as I didn't see this until halfway through the poll's activity.

So, I'll leave it up to consensus and check back at poll closing time: Should those two games return, or of the four games, we have the correct two finalists?

• This is a tough one... not sure how we'd even correct it since kills made after that point may have been different if those games were still on the list. Personally I would have killed off DP's picks anyways, so I'm fine with what we got.

If we really wanted to be diplomatic about it, we'd take the list from where Haru17 killed, let Sentinel Beach and dramaticslowmo make their kills based on that list and then decide if Doctor Professor would get to make the final kill (since they would have been eligible at that point) or if we penalize the mistake and let someone else make the final kill, maybe SabotageTheTruth for being the next person to post after the original final kill?

I think ultimately we'll also find a lot of people too broken to care about picking between those 4 games ;)

• My vote is to kill all the remaining games and instead crown the winner as a Mario game that was mysteriously missing from the original list - Hotel Mario for the CD-i. We may as well live the darkest timeline.

• lets just leave this as is, it's not like the result will be any better, so lets crown an underserving Mario, and move on to the next

• After checking in and seeing the responses, I'm in agreement, so now the vote is called. We have a winner.

By a 9-6 margin, the definitive Mario game is...

Mario Kart DS!

Thank you everyone for your votes, posts, kills, and feedback.

• Global Moderator

These lists never really turn out as I expect them to at the start.. guess thats the charm of them ;)