Bug Reports

• admin

@SuperMaxio Ah, I see. I'm not sure if there's a setting for that, but if you want me to look into it some more, let me know.

• @SuperMaxio I've had that issue too but if I attempt to submit the post a few times, it eventually goes through without waiting the 10 minutes.

• Why don't all the threads that have unread posts remain on that list? I mean apparently after a few days if I haven't still opened a thread like that it just "goes gray" anyway like I would've read it instead of remaining whiter like it should with fresh post(s) for me. I've noticed I've missed some threads this way completely if I've been away for some days.

• Forgive me if this issue has already been raised, but I had no idea of what to search. Nothing huge, but I can't see the bottom of the reply or preview boxes even when I'm scrolled to the bottom of the page. Perhaps this is just how it looks, or perhaps I'm doing/not doing some tech thing - either way, I appreciate any response.

0_1501872800213_issue.jpg

• Global Moderator

@SilveryRow You have to expand it to see the bottom. The icon that has the arrows going up and down to the top left of the textbox will expand it.

• @tokeeffe9 The "Zen mode" icon?

• Global Moderator

@SilveryRow The icon that's above "Replying to...."

• @tokeeffe9 Got it, thanks for your patience there.

• @Sentinel-Beach This happens to me every now and then... I can see that occasionally, when I log in one day, see 18 unread topics check only few that there's still 15 left, come back next day, and there is only 12 topics that remain "unread". Is it something like if you don't read topic within week or so, it will automatically mark it as read for you?

• I was editing my post in the Discussions part of the forum
    (adding a few new thoughts, finding a few typos)
    and now when I want to submit a change in the "edit" mode,
    I get :

ERROR
    Post content was flagged as spam by Akismet.com

So every though I was just editing the same post a few times,
    the bot seems to think that I would be posting a similar text again and again all over the forums.

Now I know that you should proof-read a post as good as possible before submitting the first time, still I think that this is some unintended behavior by the bot.

Also: when you are working on a text, you have all those tool on top (B for bold text. I for Italic text, etc.) and when you hover over them, there appears a little box that tell tells you what clicking that symbol does.
    However, if you hover over the last symbol (crossed eye), it doesn't display an info box. (I assume it's for marking text as spoilers)
    Just a minor thing I wanted to let you know.

• Global Moderator

@Snowcone_Guy

Yes, unfortunately that is some unexpected behaviour but it's honestly one of those 'for the greater good' things. It happens sometimes but generally just retrying your post should eventually send it through. It does stop a lot of the spam issues we were having earlier in the forum life cycle.

Good spot with the spoiler icon.

• On the thread "Backlog Chopping Block", the tags and reply buttons appear both after the starting post and after the most recent post (should only be the latter). I'm using Firefox 50.1.0 @ 1024 x 768.

• @Oscillator They appear both after the OP and at the bottom of the page in every thread I look at. Using the newest version of Chrome, and I've turned on "pagination instead of infinite scroll" in the forum settings.

• @Kneefoil said in Bug Reports:

@Oscillator They appear both after the OP and at the bottom of the page in every thread I look at.

Can confirm. Maybe it's always been this way and I've never noticed? In any case, I don't think it's a good idea, because at low resolutions or with long opening posts, the rest of the thread may not be visible without scrolling, and the post count may be easily missed next to the large reply buttons, which could result in replying without reading the whole thread. Even if I'm being paranoid, it does at least look a little odd.

Something I WOULD like to see though is page links at the top of each page.

• I continuously have issues where my posts are counted as "spam".

• Global Moderator

@Claus-Grimhildyr Heya, I saw your whisper to me on Twitch the other day, I tried to reply to you there but it told me that it couldnt be sent... for some reason. However, I will point you towards what our other lovely mod Tokeeffee9 said about the issue. I do apologies for the issue!

Previously we had a huge spam problem so we have had to introduce a bunch of counter measures.

@tokeeffe9 said in Bug Reports:

@Snowcone_Guy

Yes, unfortunately that is some unexpected behaviour but it's honestly one of those 'for the greater good' things. It happens sometimes but generally just retrying your post should eventually send it through. It does stop a lot of the spam issues we were having earlier in the forum life cycle.

• @Claus-Grimhildyr Test.

• I'm having a very difficult time with cookies on the Easy Allies Forums. For some reason, Firefox keeps blocking my forum cookies here. I only discover this after browsing the forums for a little bit and something no longer works or I get an error telling me my session is invalid. At that point I click the padlock in the address bar and see that cookies have been blocked. From that popup I am able to instruct Firefox to allow cookies and then it works for a little bit after refreshing the page until it decides to stop working again.

I've made an exception for easyallies.com and forums.easyallies.com in my browser's cookie settings to "always allow", but it doesn't help.

• admin

@Chocobop not sure why you're having issues. There doesn't seem to be anything we can do on our end, but here are Mozilla's troubleshooting steps.
    https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/websites-say-cookies-are-blocked-unblock-them

• Global Moderator

@Chocobop that happens to me on very rare occasions, but it always works after a page reload