Bug Reports

• @Kneefoil said in Bug Reports:

@Oscillator They appear both after the OP and at the bottom of the page in every thread I look at.

Can confirm. Maybe it's always been this way and I've never noticed? In any case, I don't think it's a good idea, because at low resolutions or with long opening posts, the rest of the thread may not be visible without scrolling, and the post count may be easily missed next to the large reply buttons, which could result in replying without reading the whole thread. Even if I'm being paranoid, it does at least look a little odd.

Something I WOULD like to see though is page links at the top of each page.

• I continuously have issues where my posts are counted as "spam".

• Global Moderator

@Claus-Grimhildyr Heya, I saw your whisper to me on Twitch the other day, I tried to reply to you there but it told me that it couldnt be sent... for some reason. However, I will point you towards what our other lovely mod Tokeeffee9 said about the issue. I do apologies for the issue!

Previously we had a huge spam problem so we have had to introduce a bunch of counter measures.

@tokeeffe9 said in Bug Reports:

@Snowcone_Guy

Yes, unfortunately that is some unexpected behaviour but it's honestly one of those 'for the greater good' things. It happens sometimes but generally just retrying your post should eventually send it through. It does stop a lot of the spam issues we were having earlier in the forum life cycle.

• @Claus-Grimhildyr Test.

• I'm having a very difficult time with cookies on the Easy Allies Forums. For some reason, Firefox keeps blocking my forum cookies here. I only discover this after browsing the forums for a little bit and something no longer works or I get an error telling me my session is invalid. At that point I click the padlock in the address bar and see that cookies have been blocked. From that popup I am able to instruct Firefox to allow cookies and then it works for a little bit after refreshing the page until it decides to stop working again.

I've made an exception for easyallies.com and forums.easyallies.com in my browser's cookie settings to "always allow", but it doesn't help.

• admin

@Chocobop not sure why you're having issues. There doesn't seem to be anything we can do on our end, but here are Mozilla's troubleshooting steps.
    https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/websites-say-cookies-are-blocked-unblock-them

• Global Moderator

@Chocobop that happens to me on very rare occasions, but it always works after a page reload

• Possible bug? When you go into your profile settings, you can check a setting that says "paginate topics and posts instead of infinite scroll". Below this it lets you choose how many topics and posts appear per page.

The bug is that it doesn't seem to save your changes. I've tried changing some of these values to 30 and 40 to no avail.

• The mobile site on Chrome seems to be borked for me. Font size is really small, some graphics are missing, and the menu button is aligned to the top center of the page instead of the top right. Don't know if anyone else is experiencing the same problem. Works fine in mobile Firefox.

• @Gaming_Groove Just checked there on my phone and it seems to be fine. Wonder if anyone else has similar issues?

Did chrome update recently?

• @tokeeffe9 actually, I'm on the sandstone theme... Switching it back to default seems to fix it. Don't know if it is a problem with just that theme...

• The tablet and on pc (chrome), the website is also borked for me. It works fine on mobile.

• Changing the theme seems to work but it only affected superhero for me. I think it affects the theme that you use frequently.

• Same thing happening on firefox. Picture for reference:

alt text

• yeah I'm getting the same formatting issue on Firefox.

• @DeweyDTruman It's the Superhero theme you're using. Something in it is broken. Try any other theme, you'll be fine.

• @Chocobop I narrowed down my problem (and hopefully have a solution)

My cookies weren't being blocked completely at random, the pattern turned out to be that Firefox would block my "forums.easyallies cookies" (i.e. my login cookie) whenever I loaded a thread that contained a twitter link. The way this forum's software works, typing a comment with a twitter link automagically get expanded into a nicer "twitter embed/preview" instead of a plain URL when that comment gets posted.

This causes an interaction with a privacy add-on I had installed: Priv3. It is supposed to block twitter from using cookies to track my browsing history (unless I explicitly interact with the twitter embed), but for who knows whatever reasons the plugin just blocks ALL cookies on the entire page and thus really borks my forum login.

The solution was to uninstall it and use the "successor plugin" called Priv3+. Initial testing shows that when I load a thread with a twitter embed I still maintain my login. Now I can finally read the "That's News" thread (which rarely has a page without a twitter link ;) ) without everything going haywire and having to go through multiple cycles of "unblock cookies / login / logout "

• @Sazime It's doing it on every theme now (except Default and I think Readable). I don't think it has anything to do with any plugins I'm using since I disabled everything and updated my browser but it kept happening.

• @DeweyDTruman Oh wow, you're right. It doesn't effect Darkly (for me, it's what I've been using for a while), but everything else other than that, Default and Readable is a mess in the "header-menu" is completely messed up.

How are Darkly, Readable and the Default for you?

• @Sazime Darkly's a mess too, Readable and Paper seem to be working fine though.