Bug Reports

• admin

@Dirokia It's redundant with just clicking "Easy Allies Forus".

• @UltimateBrent Ah, I see. I had changed my Homepage to "Recent" so clicking the title was taking me there. I had no way to access the Categories page with that setup. I guess checking Recent is the same as clicking Unread so I've reverted.

• I'm not sure what is exactly causing my unread button to show that I have unread posts when I don't.

I think it's because I unwatched General Discussion if that might reveal something. The only buggy issue I've encountered so far.

• admin

@Whoaness All I can do for things like that is keep the forum software updated and report the bug. That's something with the internals.

• Global Moderator

Probably not a bug in the strictest sense, but I'm noticing on mobile (Android) that often pages will hang on loading screens and eventually fail to load, but hitting the refresh key will cause the page to load more quickly.

In other words clicking a link often brings me to a spinning wheel that never loads, but a manual page refresh loads the page fine

Not sure of this is a caching thing or an issue on my end, but I thought I'd throw it in the pile

• admin

@Ochi I would typically associate something like that with server load on our end, or connectivity on your end. Server looks okay on my end, so maybe you lost your connection? I have not noticed this behavior from my phone, so I'm not really sure what else I can do.

• Global Moderator

Fair enough, though in terms of being disconnected, I probably should have noted that this happened on wifi as opposed to mobile service

• Having problems making threads on my LG G5. I'm using google chrome and should be on the latest version of android.

When I attempt to make a thread. The text box is competely covered by the keyboard. So I can't see what I'm writing in the text box.

• All the little icons on the forum are missing for me in Firefox only. I probably just did something dumb with my settings but hoping someone can help:

http://i.imgur.com/B9ekmCm.png

Edit: Nevermind apparently I'd forgotten to turn my adblock off for this forum and it was blocking extra things. Adblocker off.

• This is the smallest gripe in the history of gripes but - whenever I reply/post on threads, or leave a message in chat, it always says it was posted 3 minutes ago. Using Chrome as a browser, if that helps. In the very least, I'm now convinced my messages have the ability to travel backwards through time, which admittedly, is kinda neat.

• admin

@SabotageTheTruth said in Bug Reports:

This is the smallest gripe in the history of gripes but - whenever I reply/post on threads, or leave a message in chat, it always says it was posted 3 minutes ago. Using Chrome as a browser, if that helps. In the very least, I'm now convinced my messages have the ability to travel backwards through time, which admittedly, is kinda neat.

I hadn't installed NTP on the server to keep time synced, and it was 3 minutes late! Fixed.

• @UltimateBrent Thanks Brent! It was a small complaint but the fact you took the time to fix it... I'd give you a gold medal if I could.

• @benoit489 said in Bug Reports:

@crimilde said in Bug Reports:

I can't vote up a post in mobile mode.
    I get an error:

ERROR Invalid data

Edit: On Safari, iPhone 6 Plus if it helps. Didn't try in another browser.

Edit2: Still in mobile mode, when I edit or post I can't see the header at first, I need to start typing before it shows:

alt text

I've got this exact same issue with seeing nothing but white until I start typing. Using Chrome on an iPhone 6.

Still experiencing this issue. 🙁

• If you go into your setting sfor the website; and you go to the option: "Select a Homepage", and here you pick "Category: Main Site", you will not be able to come back to the forums using the forum button on the main website (it will redirect to the main site instead of the forums).

• admin

@Randy-Verschueren can't you just update the settings again?

• Not really a bug, this one, but could the standard smiley face be changed a bit? This face :) with just : and )

I often think that it doesn't suit the tone of my text, that it's having way too much fun, when I just want to signal a "thumbs up smile", basically. That open-mouthed laugher should be born out of : and D, which now produce this :D which makes no sense, as they're so similar.

• Suggestion more then a bug, is it possible to make the chat window taller or extendable?

• admin

If you click the arrrows icon, it opens it up into it's own page, that should help.

• I've been unable to use any of the Bold, Italics, List, etc. buttons when posting. It was working on my old computer, but I recently bought a new one and it doesn't work on this one. I'm using Firefox.

• @benoit489 so I still have this issue but it's even worse. I can't see what I'm typing until I close the keybpard. iOS 10 and Chrome if that helps.