EZA E3 2017 Predictions

• @DMCMaster has emma stone been confirmed yet.

• @DMCMaster bummer ive been hearing rumors about her forever

• @BladedTech said in EZA E3 2017 Predictions:

Xbox Media Briefing

All showcased games running natively on Project Scorpio

Cut this to. Probably a spinoff game or the TV show.

• Halo 6 unveil

• It seems MS will have mixed reality stuff on the xbox conference. Hopefully they keep that for the PC conference.
    I suppose at this point Fallout 4 VR is a must.

• @dramaticslowmo I was disappointed because I thought I predicted Halo 6 but I didn't. I guess I thought it was a certain that I didn't bother to predict it. :P

• Microsoft

• New IP
    • Scorpio priced at 400$ to compete with PS4 Pro

Sony

• PS1 and PS2 games backward compatibility added. All your game discs will work.
    • Bloodborne 2 announced, coming out march 2018
    • God of War dated Q1 2018
    • Last of Us 2 dated for fall 2018
    • Ni No Kuni 2 dated for spring 2018
    • Trailer for Horizon's DLC
    • No PSVR games announced

Nintendo

• Xenoblade Chronicles 2 trailer, dated for spring 2018
    • Mario Odyssey gameplay trailer, delayed Q1 2018

• EA

• Long sports segment which will bore everyone.

• No new Dragon Age.

• New Mass Effect Andromeda DLC

Microsoft

• Scorpio revealed. Boasting galore "strongest system on the planet etc."

• Lacking in the software department, but will show the usual suspects. Also showing off the supreme power of the Scorpio.

• Nothing unexpected.

Bethesda

• 'Lotta remasters and a new mobile game.

PC Gaming

• Will be embarrasingly bad, but feature some amount of interesting content.

Ubisoft

• Assassin's Creed Empire shown:
      The main character will climb the Sphinx and the nose will fall off.

• No news on BG&E2.

• Rabbids, Rabbids everywhere!

Sony

• From Software will show their new Souls IP. It will not be Bloodborne 2.

• GoW, Days Gone and The Last of Us 2 gameplay.

• Another game everyone wants a sequel for turns out to be a remaster.

• Final Fantasy XVI absent, but FFVII-R might make an appearance.

• A few surprises.

• Vita will get another shoutout to spread salt in those wounds.

Nintendo

• Mario Odyssey will be the Star of the show.
    • A few new games in the pipeline, but no Metroid, F-Zero etc..
    • No new Kirby game for the Switch.
    • Will screw it up somehow.

I love E3 ^^

• @Sword-Familiar said in EZA E3 2017 Predictions:

I love E3 ^^

Sounds like you don't

• @ib0show

If you go in low you have a greater chance of being pleasantly surprised.

Also, does loving E3 mean you have to anticipate megatons every time?

• @Sword-Familiar that's true, I didn't expect Sony to make a better E3 show in 2016 then 2015 and they did. I expected PSX to a third party event and it wasn't.

• @ib0show Sony IS doing great lately. I guess part of me just wonders if they can keep it up.

• @Sword-Familiar
    I wonder that myself, I mean at some point their momentum will stop, its just a question of when.

Personally I want MS to have something, anything that makes me go "Alright I need to get a MS console" but year after year it doesn't happen. I mean Rare Replay, Halo collection, KI, and backwards compatibility (For the handful of games I want to replay) Isn't enough to convince me yet.

• @DMCMaster

I agree. My post may seem negative, but it is a result of the trends I've seen with these companies year after year. Sony has been doing good lately, but in Microsoft's case, cancelling Scalebound was something of a nail in the coffin for me. It just convinced me that they are now at a point where they don't actually know what they are doing. They should be building bridges, not burning them. The copyright was recently renewed though, or so I hear, so it may not be the last we see of that particular game. Still, I want them to succeed. I want to be convinced and excited about buying a Scorpio, but it just seems like they have such a long way to go.

Nintendo is another story entirely. It can go either way, but something tells me they are still going to be the same old Nintendo. This is also a case where I really, really ant to be wrong though.

I guess I'm just a grumpy old gamer. :)

• Also goes without saying I'd lose my freaking mind if PSO2 finally got a US release

• My prediction is that nobody will stand on there chairs. Sony will have a bad press conference but only because they won't show many new games but instead focus on fleshing out games we have already hears about. Ubisoft will officially reveal that game teased in watch dogs 2. It will feature a female lead charecter. EA still won't figure out how to do a press conference.

• @lifetimeofnot Showing the games they have equals bad press conference?

• @ib0show calling that bad might be a bit harsh, disappointing would be the better word to use. The point of my post was that it won't be "the E3 of dreams"

• @ib0show It would be disingenuous in that Playstation has built their brand this gen on announcing games way, way early. If they didn't announce any new far-off games and only demoed or trailed the games they've prematurely announced in years past that would be like counting the same thing twice and result in a very forgettable show for them.

I think that Nintendo might have an in-house Metroid game up their sleeve. Maybe Retro has just graduated from the franchise, or elsewise Nintendo is finally letting their studios make games outside of the Smash Bros. stable of IPs.