Pokemon GO coming out today

• Will you go out and catch them all?

I've never played a Pokegame before, but the combination of the franchise mixed with a little Geocaching makes this such an interesting game to me.

First reports are that it is a heavy strain on battery life, but i can't wait to try it.

How about the other allies?

• Wow! I had no idea this was today, I can't wait to try it out!

It'll be super interesting to see if they are able to deliver on what really is a stellar concept.
    alt text

I can't wait to fight a Mew in Times Square with these people!

• Apparently it is just Ingress with a Pokemon skin.

I never got the hype behind this. Were people legitimately expecting a good mobile Pokemon game?

• @El-Shmiablo People were. As someone who played (and hated) Ingress, I figured it would be exactly what they delivered, not what the trailer promised. Reviews of the application are luke-warm at best.

• Perhaps I am just a jaded asshole, but the second I heard Niantic was developing, I knew what the game was going to be like.

That and I haven't trusted a trailer for a game since Dark Souls 2.

• I'm not sure that I'll love it but I have to admit to being at least a little hyped. Besides, I can't be the only Bulba staffer who doesn't get it.

• Sadly I had a beta test for it, it's....going to fall short of expectations. The microtransactions alone are going to piss people off.

• Still waiting for the UK release....

I'm really looking forward to it. I know it is a fairly stripped down interpretation of traditional Pokémon gameplay. But I'll mainly be playing it to help me explore the world around me in a unique-ish way. Catching/Collecting Pokémon is just a cool incentive to aid that. So I am game!

• I've found it to be entertaining in a "I'm not doing anything right now, let me check if Pokemon are around." I had reasonable expectations for it though and I do hope they release more updates for it give it more substance.

• Being in Japan, I was just super excited to see which pokemon where hanging around my town. Wasn't expecting a masterpiece or anything though from a mobile game.

However, everyone here is already super disappointed since it's not working at all right now and it's killing us slowly waiting for it to be fixed.

• As a Canadian, it feels weird when we don't get a release at the same time as the US. Guess I'll just eat more poutine until we get it... :( :fork_and_knife: :flag_ca:

• @frasafrase I feel you, i got the APK but i'm still waiting for the official IOS version

• I'm really confused on what I'm supposed to do. I've walked around my neighborhood, caught a few PokeMon and I'm left wondering what is next? I have no idea what the progression curve of this is, how I can battle if at all.

Was Hyped, now I'm jazzed

• @Sparks Gotta catch the Pokemans, get our trainer to lvl 5 and hit a Pokegym to do battles

You can also visit nice landmarks in your area for free balls

• @TheHashtag0nist I walked to a park nearby my house that was marked on the map and didn't notice any free Pokeballs. I'll have to check that out again.

• @Sparks You have to click on it and spin the image on your screen.
    It's been a bit buggy though due to server woes

• When I am able to play Pokemon Go, I am enjoying it immensely. My 1 year old daigjter and I walk 2 miles every morning and this gives me even more incentive to walk. I had to do a little rearranging of our route to accommodate 4 pokestops and 2 gyms to stop by. So far so good. I am the proud defender of a gym near a park that we walk through periodically and I seem to be the only red in a sea of warrinv yellow and blue. Their gyms are constantly gping back and forth amongst a variety of users. I find it funny that the gyms they hold are at lazer tag arenas, shopping strips and malls, while the unclaimed gyms are parks and nature trails. The game is fun especially if you don't have a preconceived notion that the game will play like Pokemon.

• This is a lot more fun than I thought it woud be

• I caught like 11 Pokemon, including my favorite, Jigglypuff. I'm at level 4 currently. Am going to the movies later on tonight and will likely get a few more points on the way.

alt text

• My phone can't run the game due to being made by cavemen. I am very sad.