Community Project Suggestion: Quotes made by Chad

• Hello community!

This has been on my mind for a while, and I wonder if there is some interest in doing this?
    As I can´t be involved in this in a full-time manner, assistance is of course wanted in any way.

My idea is basically to make all the chat quotes that are made during Twitch streams available through a web page. I have made a rough project description for this, and it´s available here https://github.com/TankMasterRL/EZAChadQuotes.

I see this as a fun thing to accomplish, where the history of EZA moments will be available in the future.

Take care,
    Robin

• Global Moderator

Hey tank,

Just curious. What's the plan with the frontend? Would you want to be able to link the youtube video and have the twitch chat going side by side or is it purely just to have that history stored?

• To have the quote history preserved.
    Though the more I think about this idea, it need some sort of feature addition.
    Simply viewing the quotes from back in time may not be so entertaining as I first thought.

• Who is Chad?

• Global Moderator

This sounds like a cool idea. However, I believe for it to be more than just a "text bank" it would need links to videos with it (and maybe dates?) for the context so it's more fun to read

• @TokyoSlim This is what I like to know as well... First Chad that came to mind is Chad James from Screwattack, but I don't know why his quotes would be relevant to EZA...

Jokes aside, I do like this idea, and I wish that you can get this to work somehow. I think that it would be nice to at least have links to relevant videos and the time stamps.

• Getting it to work in some way will happen, though at a very small pace as I can´t invest in this in a full-time manner. I have a tiny background of software development from university, but assistance is certainly needed.

Would like to add a clarification from my point of view, this is not a one-man show. There are several things to consider when it comes to the overall system architecture and inner communication of all the system parts, there should be some sort of automation involved.

For now I´m updating the repository in the main post as my thoughts are rolling in.

• Global Moderator

And for further clarification, Chad is chat guys!