RDR2 marketing campaign vs GTAV

• Back in October 2011 Rockstar Games announced GTAV using

In November 2011 they revealed a trailer

There next trailer they released was in November 2012

Then from then on they started to give more information. In April they released the cover art. They also released 3 character trailers in the same month. The first gameplay reveal came in July 2013.

then another trailer in August then some launch promotional trailers.

Red Dead Redemption 2 has had a similar marketing campaign with a series of tweets in October leading up to a trailer reveal

But since these videos 6 months has passed and we have had no news on Red Dead Redemption 2. We are in April and Fall 2017 is 4.5-7 months away and there hasn't been any marketing push. Does this mean a delay to early 2018? Rockstar generally don't release information at E3, are they just waiting for E3. Rumour also had it was that GTAV was delayed from first half of 2013 to the second half. Could this just be another quiet delay. DO WE NEED THE BENZ?

• Based off what u said it was a year from the teaser trailer to an actual reveal for GTAV. So if they are doing it that way it would be another 5 or so months from now before a RDR2 full reveal.

As for delays, who knows? There's been no release date so it can't get delayed. However, internally they could be pushing it back. I'm assuming rockstar just likes to move slow. It's probably a spring 2018 game.

• @CGamor7 If you click on the 2nd twitter link you will see Fall 2017

• @ib0show what!? Didn't know that. Well then I expect them to probably reveal it in May. Im sure we will hear something soon. Delay is always possible but I feel like they would have been smart enough to not release a teaser just to delay it. They also don't need a lot of room for marketing. The internet will be on fire right up to its release.

• For what it's worth, I know a guy who does QA testing for Rockstar, and after the time of the announcement, he said the game was a "mess". I don't know Rockstar's pipeline so it could be very normal for that far off.

• @Churchy that's what happens without The Benz.

• @Churchy Games are always a mess all the time. They usually dont come together until closer to release date. Also as a QA tester he's always going to see games in that state. But your right, it depends on what normal for Rockstar is. That sucks for the ppl excited about if it does get delayed, but there's always that Day 1 patch lol.

• I didn't want to make a new topic since in the opening post I did some research and wanted to bring it up. Red Dead Redemption 2 is supposedly 5 month away from release and Rockstar have shown nothing. I think RDR2 will get another delay if we have hear nothing this month.

• @ib0show
    From the rumblings I hear the RDR3 marketing machine is going to pick up next month with multiple trailers, one new story trailer, and one for each member of Dutchs gang.

• @DMCMaster Wow RDR 3

• @ib0show
    Revolver (RDR1)
    Redemption (RDR2)
    Redemption 2 (RDR3)

• This ain't a hill I'm willing to die on, but:

It's RD3/ RDR2 but NOT RDR3. You can't just swap words around like that. There was never a Revolver 2

• @ib0show I WAS RIGHT

Looks like your connection to Easy Allies Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.