3DS Game Recommendations

• Ended up with:

Pokemon Sun
    The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
    Pokemon Moon
    Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS

Definetly picking up the new Fire Emblem, Pikmin and Layton games.

• I didn't have many 3DS games, but I quite enjoyed what I played. These are the games I recommend: Shovel Knight if you want something smaller to pick up anytime; Xenoblade Chronicles if you want an RPG with about 100 hours; Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask has nice puzzles; A Link Between Worlds has great gameplay.

• Picross 3D Round 2 is a great, relaxing puzzle game for those short play session

• unless you're super into RPG's 3DS is basically dead.

getting a Switch would be more worth your time.

@Mbun said in 3DS Game Recommendations:

Xenoblade Chronicles 3D is the worst way to play this game. Huber would use the word compromised. If you have a Wii U, you can buy the Wii version of the game for only 20 dollars. If not, emulation is honestly your best bet.

oh god this. playing Xenoblade Chronicles on a 3DS is definitely the worst way to play this game. if you have a Wii U, buying it off the Virtual Console and playing it with the Wii U Gamepad is definitely the cheapest and comfiest way to play the game. (Wii remote & Nunchuk controls suck ass and the Wii U Gamepad is basically more comfy classic controller controls)

said in 3DS Game Recommendations:

Super Smash Bros.

this is another reason why getting a Switch would be more worth your time. Nintendo will probably re-release Smash Bros again on the Switch just like they did with Mario Kart with all the DLC and new characters added.

i'd say wait until at least E3 to see if they do announce Sm4sh for the Switch.

• @Yoshi said in 3DS Game Recommendations:

unless you're super into RPG's 3DS is basically dead.

getting a Switch would be more worth your time.

Getting a Switch in September maybe.

@Mbun said in 3DS Game Recommendations:

Xenoblade Chronicles 3D is the worst way to play this game. Huber would use the word compromised. If you have a Wii U, you can buy the Wii version of the game for only 20 dollars. If not, emulation is honestly your best bet.

oh god this. playing Xenoblade Chronicles on a 3DS is definitely the worst way to play this game. if you have a Wii U, buying it off the Virtual Console and playing it with the Wii U Gamepad is definitely the cheapest and comfiest way to play the game. (Wii remote & Nunchuk controls suck ass and the Wii U Gamepad is basically more comfy classic controller controls)

Definitely don't have a Wii U. First handheld from Nintendo since the DS Lite and the first home console since Wii.

said in 3DS Game Recommendations:

Super Smash Bros.

this is another reason why getting a Switch would be more worth your time. Nintendo will probably re-release Smash Bros again on the Switch just like they did with Mario Kart with all the DLC and new characters added.

Oh, I'm sure they will at some point. That's why I'm waiting on Switch for at least another five months, if not an entire year more.

i'd say wait until at least E3 to see if they do announce Sm4sh for the Switch.
    Well, if you say my reply below, you know I got that.

• Picked up today:

Animal Crossing: New Leaf -- Welcome amiibo
    Bye-Bye BoxBoy!
    Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove

• @BladedTech Nice. I've been playing through Specter Knight campaign myself, almost to the end now. Great stuff. New Leaf starts slow, but as you unlock stuff it'll open up bigtime. It's a game you can make as much or as little of as you care to.

• @Mbun said in 3DS Game Recommendations:

@BladedTech Nice. I've been playing through Specter Knight campaign myself, almost to the end now. Great stuff. New Leaf starts slow, but as you unlock stuff it'll open up bigtime. It's a game you can make as much or as little of as you care to.

I feel kinda guilty buying Shovel Knight for the third time (XB1, PS4 and now 3DS), but I really do enjoy it the most here. The console versions seem too "crisp", if that's a thing. The graphics just look closer to the 8-bit feel here. That said, though, the movement controls are just awful.

New Leaf impressions so far seem to be just a good old time. I have a feeling it'll go down somewhere similar to Pokemon Sun and Moon as some of my favorite 3DS games of all-time.

• @BladedTech I own it on Switch, so not sure how different that is, besides playing with a Switch Pro Controller which feels great. I feel like I'm one of the few who avoided buying it multiple times, because the first time I played Shovel Knight was through Steam Family Share of a friend for free. Had been meaning to buy it for ages, and the early release on Switch was the perfect excuse.

• Codename S.T.E.A.M is an underrated GEM for the 3ds if you like a bit of stratergy and you can probably get it really cheap.

• If you're a fan of the Final Fantasy series' music listing and like 'Parappa The Rapper'-esque games Theatrhythem Final Fantasy Curtain Call would be a good pick.

Also, if you like Ocarina of Time the 3DS version's a pretty good port/remastering so can't go wrong there.

And since you got a NEW Nintendo 3DS XL (as opposed to the standard, gotta upgrade one of these days but I digress), there's a decent selection of SNES titles in the Virtual Console section. Super Metroid being a top pick if you ask me.

• @ChaosBahamut said in 3DS Game Recommendations:

If you're a fan of the Final Fantasy series' music listing and like 'Parappa The Rapper'-esque games Theatrhythem Final Fantasy Curtain Call would be a good pick.

That's what I've been hearing. I just saw it on sale not too long ago, but now I'm buried in 3DS games LOL.

Also, if you like Ocarina of Time the 3DS version's a pretty good port/remastering so can't go wrong there.

Yeah, that's on the list, especially since it won't break the bank at $20 on the eShop.

And since you got a NEW Nintendo 3DS XL (as opposed to the standard, gotta upgrade one of these days but I digress), there's a decent selection of SNES titles in the Virtual Console section. Super Metroid being a top pick if you ask me.

I didn't pick up a New 3DS XL, because there's not enough stock near me, just the 2011 Red 3DS. However, Nintendo might get me to pick up the 2DS XL.

• @Ellux said in 3DS Game Recommendations:

Codename S.T.E.A.M is an underrated GEM for the 3ds if you like a bit of stratergy and you can probably get it really cheap.

That game's got a bad rap. Do the Allies recommend it?

@Ellux said in 3DS Game Recommendations:

Codename S.T.E.A.M is an underrated GEM for the 3ds if you like a bit of stratergy and you can probably get it really cheap.

• @Mbun said in 3DS Game Recommendations:

@BladedTech I own it on Switch, so not sure how different that is, besides playing with a Switch Pro Controller which feels great. I feel like I'm one of the few who avoided buying it multiple times, because the first time I played Shovel Knight was through Steam Family Share of a friend for free. Had been meaning to buy it for ages, and the early release on Switch was the perfect excuse.

Likely pretty similar to the Wii U version.

I'm definitely not shy about buying it multiple times, LOL.

Hope you're enjoying it as much as I am, but all that said, the boss fights have put a bit of hair on my chest and I'm losing hair on my head LOL.