Why didn't you finish that game!?

• I generally stop playing games for two reasons. Firstly, I lose the drive to play. Not because I've lost interest to play or because I no longer like the game, but completing it just feels less urgent. Secondly, I love a game so much that I want to have something left to play, something I've still not seen. Usually the final boss/level. That way if I'm having an exceptionally bad day I can jump in and play just the ending of a game that I love and get a little sense of accomplishment. I'm not the type to take risks on games so I rarely drop games because I'm not having a good time.

• @El-Shmiablo Oh that's what it was called. Well Source succeeded it anyways, that's what I meant. The original early source (Goldsrc). Graphics aren't an issue. Just the feel of control.for the original. I'm aware of the remake but I wanted to play the original. Though I might give it shot. Thanks.

• I haven't finished several games because I only go home on the weekends and I'm seldom in the mood for the long playing sessions I used to have. The outlier is The Witcher 3, which I'm saving for when I'm able to play it more often; then there's also Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir, from which I've only finished the first story.

• Skyrim
    I heard that a lot of people, some friends included, really liked this game. But holy fuck, the beginning of the game is sooo slow. I've tried to play this game like 5 times I think but I can't muster it. The combat is awful, the characters look like shit (and it's not getting prettier) and after playing the Witcher 3 I can't imagine ever giving Skyrim another shot.

• Banned

I don't think I've ever finished a single Assassin's Creed game.

I just get so caught up in side quests that I just lose interest, and even when I do the main missions it doesn't keep my attention.

• @Fridge-man Can't say that about Skyrim cause I did finish that one, but exactly what you said happened with me and Oblivion. Suuuuuuper slow, and man super ugly faces. Somehow even Patrick Stewart didn't make me like it.

• I've probably got a huge list but there are a few that stand out.. but they're unusual titles. One of the biggest factors is that I usually need to finish a game within a certain time frame. I usually play on some type of a consistent schedule (daily, every weekend, ect;) and if that gets broken a game might end up abandoned unintentionally even if I really enjoy it.

.Hack//
    Finished Quarantine, got stuck at the final boss on Mutation, roommate moved out and took my PS2 memory card (not sure if intentional or not) but I didn't want to restart because it was a lot of time to put in, I was in college, and the games were already 4-5 years old at that point and PS3 had just come out. I still own them though, so it could happen, but probably won't.

Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
    I beat the original Sapphire quite a while after it came out and only to help my partner collect pokemon for Diamond/Pearl... but it's my least favorite main line Pokemon game. Tried to do Alpha Sapphire when it came out, got to the Kyogre battle after a few months of dragging my feet, and stopped as soon as I finished it. Don't care to continue.

Rogue Legacy
    I got into it hard for a while, put in about 30 hours, beat 3 bosses, but had to put it down and I don't think I can muster the motivation to go back in and get decent again.

Unholy Heights
    Got stuck at the last boss, schedule got interrupted, would still love to finish it but probably won't.

Costume Quest
    Another game where the schedule got broken. Was pretty close to the end too.

• The Witness - I've finished hundreds of puzzles but I ended up playing other games. I've yet to complete the game but I kinda lost interest overtime.

HiTMAN - I love playing this game but in my opinion playing the same level over and over again started to feel repetitive to me despite having many different ways to beat the levels.
    I will definitely get back to this, I just needed a bit of a break. Great game, mind you.

• FFXIII
    I gave that game two chances but ultimatelly I didn't like the tropical tech aesthetics and the design was just bad. If the game is added to BC, I will watch the Leona Lewis trailer and give it a last chance.

Persona 3
    I reached the part before the big plot twist of the game (which I realised much later)b ut at the time I thought I had played enough and didn't feel like continue (I think it was because of the repetitive dungeon design). Then I got more interested in next gen. I played the game in 2008.

Persona 4
    It was one of the reasons why I bought a Vita. I had good memories of P3 and the feedback of P4 was excelent so it was on my to do list. I think I got until the tough guy main quest. Then I lost interest in playing it. Probably because by the time I had more interesting games to play on 360/PS3, then came next gen. Curently I gave my vita to my cousin so, there is basically no chance to go back to that game.

Destiny
    The Taken King came out and I realised that I need to pay $40 a year to play the game. TTK made previous versions unejoyable. I remember I liked to play with my friend heroic instances and do dailies. When TTK came it level up the requirements for those playlists, so I couldn't play unless I got the expansion and level up. I will play Destiny again but when the Complete Edition is $20. The same I will do with Destiny 2.

• Fire Emblem Fates Revelations and Birthright
    Ok I was close to finishing both of these but I think it was during my finals of my first week of college so I had to stop playing both paths (I did finish Conquest though). After I was done finals I just let it sit and later on I started to build a hate for Fates simply because I spent so much money on it (buying all the dlc and stuff) on a game that I was disappointed in plot and character wise. Now that Echoes is out and I LOVE Echoes, I don't think I'll be returning to Fates since I'm attached to Echoes characters and enjoy the story alot more.

Tales of the Abyss
    Another game I was super close to finishing. I think I was on the last 3-4 bosses before the end game but as a kid I think I was intimidated when someone told me the hardest boss is up next and it stressed me out. I saved in map mode and then stopped playing for years. Now I have no idea where I have to go next so it's kinda just sitting on my desk until I either restart my game or remember which location the next part takes place.

Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance
    I went through hell to get this game. We went to two different stores at first to buy the game but couldn't find it till a week later. Once we finally got the game, I got a few hours in when my brother accidentally saved over my file and I had to start again. After that happened, our car was broken into and they stole one of the bags that the game was in (only the game though, I had my 3ds with me). Eventually I just got fed up, bought the game used as a present for my brothers birthday and just never played it again.

• Bioshock Infinite: It just wasn't fun. The game became far too much of a chore to play for me to care about that story.

Ni No Kuni: Everything about this game is fantastic except for the battle system. It's needlessly obtuse. Also it has AI controlled party members. That just destroys my enjoyment of a game instantly. It feels like I'm playing a 3rd of the game and letting the game play the rest for me. If I am to have a party in an RPG it has to be turn based so that I can control them all. This is also why Dragon Quest and Pokemon are two of the only RPG franchises I've stuck to.

Shadow of the Colosus: It's interesting enough, but a game has to feel good to play for me to stick to it. I respect this game, but I'd never enjoy experiencing it for myself.