Becoming too addicted to EZA??

• I've noticed that they have a lot more content now and it's usually hours long at a time. I have absolutely no interest in Star Ocean, but I've certainly listened to Ben stream it for like, what, 12 hours now?

It's been pushing out all my other background podcasts etc. Which isn't a bad thing. ;)

• what is the best way? patreon or twitch subscription?

I remember Kyle mentioning on one of their monthly Q&As that they receive much more of the funding from Patreon than they do Twitch. Other pros to donating on Patreon include Cup of Jones and getting the podcast two days early/asking questions on Love & Respect (with a $5 donation) and being able to ask questions on their Q&A ($20 donation, I believe). Pros to donating on Twitch... icons? I'm not too familiar with that world, but I believe that's the incentive.

Also, just seeing them open gifts last night was truly wonderful. Sending them something (possibly even home-made) seems to be another great way to support. Not to put words into their mouths, but I'm sure they're happy with whatever you can afford.

• It's certainly limiting what else I watch online these days. But then I remembered that EZA is the best content producer on the internet, so I am okay with this!

My only advice is to choose what streams you watch live, and what you watch later on twitch or Youtube.

• I certainly watch these guys more than I did when they were on GT, back then I mostly looked forward to their reviews and retrospectives.

Now I'm excited for just about all of their shows :)

• As a general rule, if you're worried you may have a problem, you probably don't. As long as it isn't hurting anyone, do whatever makes you happy.

• @SabotageTheTruth said in Becoming too addicted to EZA??:

what is the best way? patreon or twitch subscription?

I remember Kyle mentioning on one of their monthly Q&As that they receive much more of the funding from Patreon than they do Twitch. Other pros to donating on Patreon include Cup of Jones and getting the podcast two days early/asking questions on Love & Respect (with a $5 donation) and being able to ask questions on their Q&A ($20 donation, I believe). Pros to donating on Twitch... icons? I'm not too familiar with that world, but I believe that's the incentive.

Also, just seeing them open gifts last night was truly wonderful. Sending them something (possibly even home-made) seems to be another great way to support. Not to put words into their mouths, but I'm sure they're happy with whatever you can afford.

Pretty much. They have said do either in a monthly Q&A, and I think Jones said as much in a Cup of Jones

Twitch you get to be a larger part of the community there, though I am not the biggest fan of streaming.

Patreon you get the tiers (I love the $20 tier with the monthly Q&As) and they get much more of the portion. IMO, I give entirely to Patreon, better use of my money than Twitch

• EZA has been the first online community that I've been in and never felt unhappy in (others that I've been in just have people who whine and complain too much). It's such a positive-minded community and they make content that is as valuable as gold. There's nothing wrong with watching lots and lots of awesome EZA stuff!

In addition to what Lexad said, another incentive for getting a Twitch subscription is that there are no ads that pop up when you open the EZA Twitch. Ads get annoying when I have to refresh the page (due to my Internet acting up or overly buffering or something), so getting a subscription will stop the annoying ads from occurring when a stream begins.

• I think it's ok because the EZA community is affecting your life in a positive way. The community supports each other in everything and their content just furthers that. EZA forever

• Global Moderator

This community really are the best <3 I watched Bens stream (and begining of Brads). Even though I never have been a huge fan of ninja games I enjoyed every second of it! (even though the talk of food made me soo hungry). I also compared the chat to other streams I've watched and it hit me that there were no just silly spam for the sake of spamming, everyone had a really cool vibe to it! It felt like we were a gang of friends sitting on a sofa watching the game chillin!

As people mentioned it seems like Patreon are the best way to support them! I am also considdering sending them a care package in the future for the fun with some fun stuff I've made etc.

@Hero-of-Lime I think Im gonna try and plan each week and see the most interesting ones live, then watch the rest on youtube to somewhat save my sleep pattern!

Are more people planning their watch in a big way or just tuning in when ever it fits?

Love and Respect <3

• @jifw52 said in Becoming too addicted to EZA??:

EZA has been the first online community that I've been in and never felt unhappy in (others that I've been in just have people who whine and complain too much). It's such a positive-minded community and they make content that is as valuable as gold. There's nothing wrong with watching lots and lots of awesome EZA stuff!

In addition to what Lexad said, another incentive for getting a Twitch subscription is that there are no ads that pop up when you open the EZA Twitch. Ads get annoying when I have to refresh the page (due to my Internet acting up or overly buffering or something), so getting a subscription will stop the annoying ads from occurring when a stream begins.
    That is great for the twitch users

• I have to admit that there are some shows that I pay more attention to than others just because there are certain show formats that interest me more (long podcasts aren't always really feasible for me because of my schedule and because I have attention span issues sometimes), but I'm in it deep. No spoilers, but I'm working on something pretty cool that has lead me to watch and take notes on content going all the way back to the beginning of GT, and I binge EZA/GT content more often than I'd really like to admit to. It's a welcoming community based on love and respect that has helped me feel safe and comfortable not only as a gamer but as a trans person in a community traditionally dominated by very traditional ideas about masculinity.

I don't really like calling myself a "fan" of things, though. I feel like there's a very particular "fan culture" that comes along with any userbase. The artificial elevation of people to the level of flawless beings that are completely untouchable, the demonization of people based on elements of their on-screen personas, creepy oversexualization, and insulting memes that take in-jokes too far and become hurtful are all examples of things that have cropped up time and time again across fanbases, and they happen in some corners of the EZA community as well. The people who work at EZA are just some people who make cool and entertaining stuff, and I think that fan culture forgets that at times in the way that it transforms people into icons to be manipulated and appropriated. So I'd say that I really appreciate and enjoy EZA's content and (at least an overwhelming majority of the time) their community, but I wouldn't really call myself a fan.

• Global Moderator

As others have said, it's all about balance. Make sure you take care of yourself first and foremost as both the Allies and all of us will be here even if you miss a thing or two! :D