FF XII: The Zodiac Age or Yakuza 0?

• It plain and simple.

I have heard a lot of praises for both games but my question is

Which out of the two is better and which one would you recommend to buy?

And by better I mean from your experience having played both tiles which seems like a better product overall.

• Isn't it still like three months until The Zodiac Age release? You can buy them both, get Yakuza now.

And maybe it's just me, but these comparison threads are always somehow pretty weird to me here. So odd couples that you'd have to compare.

• @Sentinel-Beach

Well I am asking a simple question. I don't know that much about each game but I find them interesting.

It may seem pretty weird to you but I'm sure many others would chime in to share there thoughts.

Just wanted to know from experienced members which is an overall better game to invest money and time

• @MSBi Sure. But are you basically asking about the original FFXII at the moment, or has the Zodiac Age really been released yet?

I played XII back in 2006, it's a great game, I have good memories from it. No experience of the Yakuza series, however.

• Both are worth getting in all honesty. They're more than different enough and FFXII is still quite a way off already.

• @Sentinel-Beach

Thank you for your opinion.

• I think I am gravitating towards Yakuza 0 because I think there some there that is fresh and Sega has done something really special to remake the game. I am also interested in japan culture in general.

Is Yakuza 0 Japanese voice only?

• If you have access to a ps2 or bc ps3 you could pick up FF12 for a couple of bucks the remaster doesnt look much better.

• @FutureCorpse it plays totally differently though, with ask the zodiac job system added in and QOL improvements like fast forward.

• @TokyoSlim Forgot about the fast forward that feature will be a godsend.

• @MSBi Hey, sorry if I sounded like a jerk or something. Didn't mean to, but I can see if I did with my "weirdness" comment.

And I didn't honestly know about the Zodiac Age's current status. I've thought that it will be released this summer and that's why I wondered about the whole premise of this thread. But apparently there's been some Japanese PS2 version out already for god knows how long? Something like that?

But yeah, I didn't have very much to give to this thread, so I could've stayed out entirely. L&R

• FFXII is imo the worst mainline FF, and a bad game overall I couldn't even finish it using cheat codes because the dungeon design is atrocious (I quit at the last dungeon with infinite HP and MP cheats, I just couldn't continue that shit), the battle system no fun. Only things I liked were some characters and the story, which is why I tried to beat it. Can't tell if the remaster will make it better, maybe slightly in the battles but the unimaginative boring dungeon design won't.

Get Yakuza 0, it's fantastic and a great way to get into the series. A bitch to Platinum it though.

• Yakuza 0.

• Yakuza 0, no contest.

• I tried multiple times to get into FFXII. I loved the story, music, and characters (Balthier is essentially British steampunkish/fantasy version of Han Solo, and is an overall badass). However, like other people have said, I thought the battle system was terrible. You essentially just set your action to attack (or whatever) and then watch your character swing once, wait around for a while, and then swing again. Obviously it gets more in-depth than that, but overall there's very little player interaction or input. It's a shame, too, because you get so up close and personal with some really awesome monsters. It just felt weird walking up to them, pressing a single button, and then waiting for the computer to do the rest. I haven't played XV yet, but it seems like it's a huge improvement over XII in this regard.

• Well...

How Japanese do you want your game to be?

Cause Yakuza is suuuuuuuper Japanese. Like in a good way.

They're both long games, but Yakuza is long due to all the minigames, while FFXII is more traditional jrpg length.

My personal choice would be Yakuza though. It's just so delightfully wacky and occasionally emotional.

• I haven't played Yakuza but I just wanted to echo some of the other thoughts on FFXII. I know there is a lot of love out there for the game but it just didn't click with me. It felt pretty MMOie to me but single player and you can create conditions for who to attack, with what, when. It essentially took all of the fun out of playing because like some people said you could set the controller down and take a nap during battles.

Looks like your connection to Easy Allies Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.