My Favorite Movies: 1928/1929

• This post is deleted!

• Global Moderator

As much as I love Sjostrom I just have to say that "The Man with a Movie Camera" are one of my absolute favourite films/documentaries from the entire 1920's era. Its something raw... strong and really impactful of this film. Vertov really manages to catch every side of the russian society of the time. Its such a shame that its hard to find the film with the original soundtrack anywhere. I still remember first time I saw this and how it struck me with awe. Even though the beginning creeped me out a little with the seats moving. At university I actually wrote a 10 page analysis on this film and the opening line was "The title really sums it all up so perfectly, As a viewer we get to follow Vertov on this journey in the making of a film about making a film".

I could go on for ages about this film and its impact it had on me and my interest in film as a medium, but I think I kinda have made that clear haha!

• This post is deleted!

• Global Moderator

yeah it really is something extra! I totally agree that these top 10s are amazing all way through! I kinda miss this old way of making films.. it was something more.. genuine about the whole process and result that is a different world from days action packed blockbusters