Bosman at Home - Official Discussion Thread

• @Captain-Kinopio said in Bosman at Home - Official Discussion Thread:

@ObbyDent I love that Bosman tribute video. Makes me want to go back and re-watch all of TFB, this lad is a treasure.

I wish he brought the show to EZA though, it's the only thing that's missing. Hopefully he has a change of heart.

I think at the moment he's too busy to commit to doing a regular Bosman show for EZA which is why we have Bosman at Home and its sporadic release schedule.

• snip I was going to write a comment about crowd funding Bosman at home's production value, but realized it'd probably be more helpful to get EZA's Patreon funding up to 50k a month. DO IT! snip

I always -have- enjoyed the somber atmosphere in Kyle's videos (even while some of the backdrops/drapes were a little grandiose - loved them too!).

• @ObbyDent Love this one. Youtube Video

• @Hoken How have I never seen that before? Brilliant

• @ObbyDent Look at that guy's channel, some amazing things there.

• I was a big fan of Final Bosman and have been enjoying his new show as well..

All of his episodes are well written and delivered in sort of professional manner that's still fun and interesting to watch.. as opposed to the loud, fast cuts, crazy stuff that makes up most of what's popular on the internet these days

• @Hoken Awe man Absolutely the remix vid.

• The Final Bosman really got me into watching other GT shows regularly. His critiques on the industry are always insightful and well thought out, not to mention hilarious. I'm really looking forward to some kind of post-E3 impressions show if he decides to do one.

• @Mechanoid said in Bosman at Home - Official Discussion Thread:

The Final Bosman really got me into watching other GT shows regularly. His critiques on the industry are always insightful and well thought out, not to mention hilarious. I'm really looking forward to some kind of post-E3 impressions show if he decides to do one.

Could we see a one off return of Battle of the Bands? Or something new?

• Really looking forward to the next Bosman at Home..
    The Final Bosman was my gateway to the GT realm and I watched every episode at the time at least 10 times before they closed down. He's such a great personality and he respects games so much, and he takes a real honest perspective and gives honest opinions without worrying about what the internet will say; because he's thought about it maticulously and objectively(most of the time) ;p I really appreciate all the time and effort he's put in, he makes me laugh too hard some times.

• Updated the OP for Episode 5!

• Cool to see he got an episode out so quickly after E3. Loved his takeaways and in particular the part about conference speak. It frustrates me so much and it's one of the reasons that I always tend to dislike the Microsoft conferences.

These bonus bits get me every single time.

• Great E3 episode.. I think he took a page from John Oliver for the bonus bit this week.. that must have taken a long time to put together!

• I think it is interesting that Nintendo spun a weakness into a strength, if you could call it that. They only had on game going for them. It was Zelda, so that's all they showed.

I have to say that I'm not a Zelda fan since N64 days, so when I look at Zelda and pit it against Horizon, God of War, Days Gone, and all those open world games that are definitely not going to Wii U or NX, I just see it literally has X number of games versus 1 Zelda. I think people rate Nintendo's showing really highly, but I would personally rate it 1/10 because the lack of games is a poor showing. It doesn't matter if Zelda is a really quality game because Sony has dozens of quality games, or, imo, better quality games than Nintendo.

So I staunchly disagree that Nintendo did a good job, because a good job means having more than one worthwhile console release a year.

• @Whoaness I get where you're coming from, but I still think Nintendo did well. To me, so long as the NX is going to stay projected for Spring 2017, it seems that they had the foresight to not show the NX in the midst of all of this Scorpio/Neo news, and staying out of all the inevitable console comparisons throughout all of E3. My guess is that they're essentially done with making Wii U games and have shifted focus towards NX games, but are holding back on those for when they do officially announce the NX.

I know that I'm looking on the optimistic side of things, and you can definitely view it as that they're just not ready in the slightest, but that's how I see it at least. They had the guts just give people one long demo into their most Nintendo anticipated game (being cross-platform), and not divulge in showing everything they have planned for next year while everyone is talking about the upgraded consoles. Plus, people seem to have loved the Zelda demo and are able to call it quality, and I think pulling off a one-game-show counts for something.

But still, I see your point since it is essentially quality vs. a quantity of quality at this point, Playstation definitely had a great lineup that I'm also pumped for. I just like to play the optimist when it comes to Nintendo.

• @Jamicov said in Bosman at Home - Official Discussion Thread:

@Whoaness I get where you're coming from, but I still think Nintendo did well. To me, so long as the NX is going to stay projected for Spring 2017, it seems that they had the foresight to not show the NX in the midst of all of this Scorpio/Neo news, and staying out of all the inevitable console comparisons throughout all of E3. My guess is that they're essentially done with making Wii U games and have shifted focus towards NX games, but are holding back on those for when they do officially announce the NX.

I know that I'm looking on the optimistic side of things, and you can definitely view it as that they're just not ready in the slightest, but that's how I see it at least. They had the guts just give people one long demo into their most Nintendo anticipated game (being cross-platform), and not divulge in showing everything they have planned for next year while everyone is talking about the upgraded consoles. Plus, people seem to have loved the Zelda demo and are able to call it quality, and I think pulling off a one-game-show counts for something.

But still, I see your point since it is essentially quality vs. a quantity of quality at this point, Playstation definitely had a great lineup that I'm also pumped for. I just like to play the optimist when it comes to Nintendo.

We wouldn't let off Sony or Microsoft for the same reason. If they are purposefully making a game lineup drought to save games for their next console, we'd grill them badly.

There's also no reason to save announcements. Sony announces games that probably won't show up for years. It doesn't matter. For Sony, specifically, there are always exclusive games throughout the year for every year, so they can announce games far into the future to get us excited. We don't need a reminder of what games are coming like what Microsoft does. Nintendo could show off all of their games for NX at E3 and we would be happier. The thing is, do they even have games other than Zelda? I really don't think they resolved their third party issue, so I remain skeptical that Nintendo has games ready.

• I'm convinced that blender box means something.

• @Whoaness But we did grill Nintendo, when they announced that Zelda would be 95% of what they talk about and the only game on the show floor with no NX in sight. I think most people thought the worst and did grill them for all that. Plus, I think it's circumstantial. If Sony/Microsoft were in similar situations where they were gearing up for a new console that looks to be a sort of correction course for previous mistakes, then we would be in similar situations. But they aren't under those same circumstances. If Sony came out and said they're only showing Horizon, then yeah, we'd grill them, because they already have this lineup built of games we know about that people expect to see, they're successful enough that they don't need to pull off a one-game-show. Nintendo seems to be, for lack of a better term, in more dire straits, which is why they played E3 this way.

I also disagree that there's no reason to save announcements. It affects people's outlook on a game or console, whether it's too late, or more commonly, too early. Kingdom Hearts is suffering from a certain amount of public perception because they announced that game 3 years ago, and we still have no idea when it's coming out. People are still gonna be hyped for the game, especially when they do give a release date, but it will definitely leave a mark on people's outlook of a studio. Last Guardian is similar, where it was announced so long ago, and now that it's finally coming out, it's been so talked up that I don't see it living up to the unrealistic levels of hype built around it. Even Sony is saving announcements with Neo, they seemingly knew that this E3 wasn't the place to talk about it for the first time, and instead are saving it for a later date.

I think there is a benefit to saving announcements. They may not have other games ready to show, both first and third party, which is a completely viable reason for not showing off the NX, but it's also the circumstances of this E3. Showing off the NX and whatever games they have planned for it would inevitably be held up to a microscope beside not only the PS4/Xbox One, but Scorpio and Neo, which could hurt them in the long run, so they may intentionally be saving those announcements for when they aren't competing for attention all in the same space and at the same time.

• @Jamicov said in Bosman at Home - Official Discussion Thread:

@Whoaness But we did grill Nintendo, when they announced that Zelda would be 95% of what they talk about and the only game on the show floor with no NX in sight. I think most people thought the worst and did grill them for all that. Plus, I think it's circumstantial. If Sony/Microsoft were in similar situations where they were gearing up for a new console that looks to be a sort of correction course for previous mistakes, then we would be in similar situations. But they aren't under those same circumstances. If Sony came out and said they're only showing Horizon, then yeah, we'd grill them, because they already have this lineup built of games we know about that people expect to see, they're successful enough that they don't need to pull off a one-game-show. Nintendo seems to be, for lack of a better term, in more dire straits, which is why they played E3 this way.

I also disagree that there's no reason to save announcements. It affects people's outlook on a game or console, whether it's too late, or more commonly, too early. Kingdom Hearts is suffering from a certain amount of public perception because they announced that game 3 years ago, and we still have no idea when it's coming out. People are still gonna be hyped for the game, especially when they do give a release date, but it will definitely leave a mark on people's outlook of a studio. Last Guardian is similar, where it was announced so long ago, and now that it's finally coming out, it's been so talked up that I don't see it living up to the unrealistic levels of hype built around it. Even Sony is saving announcements with Neo, they seemingly knew that this E3 wasn't the place to talk about it for the first time, and instead are saving it for a later date.

I think there is a benefit to saving announcements. They may not have other games ready to show, both first and third party, which is a completely viable reason for not showing off the NX, but it's also the circumstances of this E3. Showing off the NX and whatever games they have planned for it would inevitably be held up to a microscope beside not only the PS4/Xbox One, but Scorpio and Neo, which could hurt them in the long run, so they may intentionally be saving those announcements for when they aren't competing for attention all in the same space and at the same time.

That was before the show, not during or after. I think they got off with zero flak for having no games but Zelda and Pokemon. I know journalists are head over heels for Zelda, but I'd rather emphasize the lack of games from Nintendo.

When I was talking about saving announcements, I mean for the entire console. Kingdom Hearts itself might have suffered, but that has no bearing to how well the PlayStation 4 is doing. Sony showed off 8 exclusives, and 7 of them aren't coming anytime soon, but, who cares, they got exclusives going on all year long in the meantime. We have games to play while Kingdom Hearts finishes development. You can't say the same for Nintendo. Their last big game was a terrible Star Fox game.

And I disagree about the Neo comment. First, they showed off 8 exclusives at the conference. That's already a lot of games. Second, they said the games aren't ready, so why bother announcing anything. That is absolutely true for Sony, which is mindboggling why Microsoft came out with a fluff concept trailer of dev talk. Remember when Sony revealed the PS4? They showed some specs, some concepts, but they had games to show. They didn't even have the hardware displayed and they were showing games first. That's how Sony works. Games before the hardware because that's how you show off a console.

• I really have to agree with Bosman when he says that Sony held the classiest press conference ever. They really knocked it out of the park, which is very surprising considering the kind of games they had to announce. In my opinion, Last Guardian, Shenmue, and FF7 remake beat RE7, Kojima, and God of War. I think Sony knew that too. They knew that they could not possibly out do themselves when it came to huge announcements, but in they still managed to make it feel exciting. When they looked at the game announcements, they devised a plant that would accentuate each announcement. God of War? Orchestra. 'Nuff said.