Cup of Jones Episode Guide

• Global Moderator

Looks like the live show is indeed here to stay. Brandon did a stream earlier and you can catch the archive now.

Cup of Jones - 9/26/17

I'm hoping this cuts down on the amount of time it takes to edit and prepare these longer episodes and therefore allowing more editorial pieces. We'll see how it goes.

• Meditating with Brandon. I liked this experience, been thinking about that for a year or two now actually. Maybe this'll lead to something, so thank you for sharing.

• This is amazing, and I can't wait to finally watch more of these. Is there any chance that there will – some day – be audio versions posted to the patron access feed? I recall Jones saying something previously about doing this, but I have yet to see it show up on the feed.

• admin

@ThyBlight said in Cup of Jones Episode Guide:

This is amazing, and I can't wait to finally watch more of these. Is there any chance that there will – some day – be audio versions posted to the patron access feed? I recall Jones saying something previously about doing this, but I have yet to see it show up on the feed.

He's mentioned it, but so far hasn't gotten it in his workflow just yet.

• Great! Thanks for confirming I'm not insane for thinking I heard that!!

• @Sentinel-Beach Agreed! The first step into something new can always be the most difficult, so having Jones as a reassurance to try meditation made that hurdle a lot smaller.

• Hello! I know you have to pledge a dollar to submit to Cup of Jones, but can just anybody watch it, or is it patreon viewing only?

• admin

@parasitepaladin it's exclusive to patrons

• @Bloodworth Thank you, Blood! I assume that means the audio version as well? I brought this up while I was looking for the Cup of Jones spreadsheet, I can across some random podcasts sites, both of which have Cup of Jones available for anybody to listen to. I assume this is also the case for any similar site that collects podcasts which I can only assume there are a lot of them.

https://www.podbean.com/podcast-detail/sbs9a-4eb6f/Easy+Allies+Early+Editions
    https://www.ivoox.com/escuchar-audios-easy-allies-early-editions_al_8602182_1.html

• admin

Thanks for letting me know. I've had Podbean remove the feed in the past, so it's disappointing to see it back. I've reached out to them to remove it again, and I've asked Damiani to look into the other service while I'm out of town.

• You are welcome! Ah a repeat offender. I wish you two luck!

• If you missed it today, consider watching this week's Cup of Jones. There's a super special guest in the editorial after the questions. :)

Norbert the Cat, Brandon and Amanda's cat :)

• Today's editorial was the single most important one in EZA's history to date. I really hope it won't be forgotten.

• @Brannox Too many people don't understand boundaries when it comes to streamers. It's too bad that only Patrons can see this particular CoJ but hopefully a lot of people will take the time to watch this weeks editorial.

• Global Moderator

I almost feel like todays editorial should go up on its own video. It had some important things in it.

• That post sounded disturbing as hell. Like honestly, why would you paint such a picture? Jesus. Brandon was way too understanding, he literally had to explain boundaries like to a child etc. You could clearly see this affected him deeply, there were strong words presented in a very clear manner. Next time would be the last time.

• @logic__error It's frightening that a startling amount of people can't separate the difference from being a fan knowing what is appropriate and CLEARLY crossing into absolutely incorrigible territory. I echo @Lotias here. It's not like there hasn't been breakouts before, but I'm curious if EZA will be willing to clip it out, post a very brief warning at the start stating the editorial has a comment unsuitable and unacceptable, and put it on the main channel and social media feeds.

I could see a multitude of ways how they'll use this. As it's own video, kept behind Patreon, or nothing at all. Regardless, Mr. Jones demonstrated so much patience, it is, quite frankly, awe-inspiring. Granted, he's had a little time to read that comment so he may or may not have been a little less leveled out when he read it initially. But I cannot commend him enough for the poise. I would not be able to contain myself.

• Is it OK to put a target on his back if it's released as an editorial piece open for the world. Patrons now have a target on his back

• Echoing what everyone else has said: Jones handled this immaculately. The only thing I'll add is that I hope everyone else treats the issue much the same way.

Perhaps this is being too forgiving, but I have to give that user the benefit of the doubt, and assume that maybe they really didn't know better, and thought it was fine to push the envelope. Obviously they pushed it way too far, which is why we're talking about it now. I get why people are calling for the ban-hammer, and that this person shouldn't be in the community, but I think that would be doing everyone - especially Jones - a disservice. Jones chose to give this person a second chance, and explain why what they did was hurtful. We should allow them to digest that information and try to learn from their mistakes. If they continue to act inappropriately, that's another story, but I don't think we should immediately call that person out now and tell them to get lost, or that they're not welcome here. Maybe they won't change, but if we forever shun them, then I think it's much less likely that they'll actually change their point of view, or their mindset. We have to allow them to respond, and at least make an effort. As someone who's been on both sides of a similar issue (although one with much less viscerally disturbing imagery), I just want to say that people can change if you give them a chance.

• Global Moderator

@iboshow I don't really see how it's painting a target on their back. Jones explained himself extremely well and never actually said anything along the lines of getting the community to hound this person.