Ben Moore Anime Watch List

• Easy Ally

@Olf_Himself It looks great!

• Black Lagoon

• Mai Hime

• Should correct the list of any you have seen Ben.

• Dangit. Now I want to watch Unlimited Blade Works again. I just marathoned it for my second time last month : S.

• Black Heaven is a really cool show I liked back in the day (haven't seen it in a long time but I assume it holds up)

Baccano! is just the best thing ever. It also has probably the best dub ever too, I'd honestly say it's on par with Cowboy Bebop.

Not an anime, but if Ben (or anybody else reading this) can appreciate tokusatsu then they owe it to themselves to watch Kamen Rider Amazons.

• Easy Ally

@PlayerPi Good point! I've seen:

• Trigun
    • Attack on Titan
    • Rurouni Kenshin
    • Outlaw Star
    • Big O
    • Black Lagoon
    • Death Note
    • Fullmetal Alchemist
    • Samurai Champloo
    • Cowboy Bebop
    • Ninja Scroll
    • Outlaw Star
    • Golden Boy
    • Baccano!

I've seen a lot of other anime as well. Just marking the ones people have mentioned. Keep 'em coming!

• Easy Ally

@DeweyDTruman Always wanted to watch Kamen Rider.

• @BenMoore Okay I will bold the ones you have seen!

• Easy Ally

Making a MyAnimeList to keep track of this. You're all amazing.

• @BenMoore Kabuto is, in my opinion, the best Kamen Rider, even if the ending was a bit rushed due to outside influences. Kamen Rider OOO or W are very easy to get into as well.

@DeweyDTruman I haven't watched Amazons yet but I've seen a few clips and, while it looks super cool, I do not think it's representative of what Kamen Rider is. It's like cool fan service for Rider fans but if you watch that and then go to a regular, especially Heisei era, show then you'll be disappointed.

• I'll add...

• Knights of Sidonia
    • Psycho Pass
    • Welcome to the NHK
    • Sword Art Online
    • No Game, No Life
    • Deadman Wonderland

Not sure if Deadman Wonderland will ever get another season but it's still really awesome regardless. I'm guessing Sword Art Online has already been recommended to you a thousand times if you haven't already seen it but I really enjoyed it despite the constant "overrated" shouting you'll hear about it. Especially the last arc of the second series. If you enjoyed Death Note I think you'll enjoy No Game, No Life and Welcome to the NHK!

• Easy Ally

http://imgur.com/4X2ckzc

I have to leave, but I've started with the list. Hopefully I can finish it up tonight. Very excited.

• I'm adding Seven Deadly Sins to the list because damn is it enjoyable!

• Another show I forgot to mention is Osomatsu-san. Wonderful comedy.

@Olf_Himself You're not wrong, it's pretty different from a standard Kamen Rider show, but I think that's a blessing in a way.

The main reasons I recommend Amazons are that it's much shorter (13 episodes compared to the usual series' 40ish) and it's aimed at adults rather than children, which lets it tell a more mature story (but not in like a childish mature way, if that makes any sense) without those moments a normal series can have where everything screeches to a halt because they have to advertise the latest toy.

For a more traditional Kamen Rider show some good recommendations are definitely W and OOO, though I also think Kuuga (my personal favorite) could be one as well depending on what you want out of Kamen Rider as a series. The great thing about Kamen Rider is that there's so many different series with different styles and stories.

• Also adding Dimension W

• @BenMoore said in Ben Moore Anime Watch List:

@PlayerPi Good point! I've seen:

• Trigun
    • Attack on Titan
    • Rurouni Kenshin
    • Outlaw Star
    • Big O
    • Black Lagoon
    • Death Note
    • Fullmetal Alchemist
    • Samurai Champloo
    • Cowboy Bebop
    • Ninja Scroll
    • Outlaw Star
    • Golden Boy
    • Baccano!

I've seen a lot of other anime as well. Just marking the ones people have mentioned. Keep 'em coming!

Outlaw Star, so nice it's listed twice.

Gotta recommend:

• Gunbuster
    • Towards the Terra (2007)

• GINTAMA!!!!

• Soul Eater, Bungou Stray Dogs, Sakamoto Desu-Ga, Durarara, Assassination Classroom, and Hamatora.

(Espectially AssClass, Soul Eater, and BSD, those shows are actual gold.)

Edit: I'm adding Naruto/Naruto Shippuden. I know some folks are gonna roll their eyes but it really is one of my favorite anime series. The supporting cast is memorable, like it or not Naruto actually is a compelling character, and while the plot is drawn out (fillers galore) it has a lot of genuinely moving moments.

• Adding some more

• Summer Wars - The animation is on point and is a great OVA if you need something short and awsome
    • The Girl Who Leapt Through Time - Another great OVA with a really interesting story about time-travel
    • Lupin the Third - Anime about the greatest thief ever
    • Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust - Vampires? Vampire Hunters? Beyond godlike animation? Nuff said.
    • Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - The story, the characters, the animation, the music! It has it ALL!
    • Ouran High School Host Club - Hilarious comedy that makes fun of shoujo anime as a shoujo anime.
    • FLCL - No words can describe how awesome this anime is
    • Yu Yu Hakusho - One of the few animes I love both the Sub and Dub! Awesome 90's anime characters and interesting story.