Darksiders 3 is happening

• Honestly never though THQ Nordic would keep to their word about this, but holy shit it is
    http://www.siliconera.com/2017/05/02/darksiders-iii-leaked-ps4-xbox-one-pc-via-amazon-product-page/

Play as FURY – a mage who must rely on her whip and magic to restore the balance between good and evil on Earth!

Harness FURY’s magic to unleash her various forms – each granting her access to new weapons, moves and traversal abilities

Explore an open-ended, living, free-form game world in which FURY moves back and forth between environments to uncover secrets while advancing the story

Defeat the Seven Deadly Sins and their servants who range from mystical creatures to degenerated beings

Darksiders signature art style – expansive post-apocalyptic environments that take the player from the heights of heaven to the depths of hell, dilapidated by war and decay and overrun by nature

alt text
    alt text
    alt text
    alt text
    alt text
    alt text

• @DMCMaster Can't wait! Looks rad. I'm holding out hope for co-op, as there were rumours of an earlier Darksiders 3 pitch that had each player taking charge of one of the Horsemen. I assume the official announcement won't be too far behind?

• Global Moderator

YYYYEEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM CRYING RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!

I HAVE WAITED FOR THIS SO LONG!!!! NEVERTHOUGHT WE WOULD SEE THIS DAY!!!

Deep breaths I thought this series were done for! I URGE EVERYONE to buy this day 1! this whole series are one of those gems that everyone needs to try. I have praised these games in threads all over and platinum em twice. I can't wait to play through part 3! (should we hope that part 4 will come as well then?). Big dungeons, awesome bosses and epic music? I am just too happy!

• @Klinjon
    I assume so too, seeing as it was Amazon who accidentally posted the images. Maybe its being announced later today, or maybe later this week or month. Kinda hard to say. Although with the images out now I assume Nordic is probably going to post something today.

As for the Coop idea, I think it was during the press junkets for Darksiders 2 that someone said that the 3rd would be coop with all for horseman, although if I had to guess that will still happen, but its just being saved for the 4th now.

• @Lotias
    Im right there with you, after randomly picking up the 1st one from Blockbuster Ive been hooked on the games too, bought Darksiders 2 at release along with it's season pass, along with buying the remasters twice (physically and digitally)

• Looks like Nier Automata via Warcraft.

• Global Moderator

Yeah same here! I picked it up by mistake when I was gonna buy Nier many years ago.. haven't looked back since! Im guessing we will see some nice stuff about it at E3 on Sonys stage. I hope for a part 3 and 4 with each individual, I mean the last 2 horsemen kinda deserves time in the spotlight as well! then do like 5&6 epic conclusion with coop of all of them! I am pumped!

• @Lotias
    My only question about coop is how do you balance something like that, at best case maybe do it like Darksouls where you can do it solo as whatever horseman you pick, but you can summon 3 others to fill whatever role needs to be filled. Not to mention to accommodate for coop War and Death's ability's would have to be changed.

• Global Moderator

@DMCMaster
    Im guessing you do it a little like you need specific ones for specific pussles as well as give them unique abilities for some of the bosses! also just slaughter a higher amount of enemies together sounds like a lot of fun in my eyes! I was thinking like little big planet 3 did it with their odd figures and so on.

• Excellent news! I've never played these games but I'm very tempted. Port the first two to the Switch and I'm in!

• @Axel
    Or you could do like any sane person and buy it on PS4 or X1, PC, then buy the eventual Switch ports later when they arrive, like I am planning to do.

• HOLY SHIT!!! This dream was already loooong dead, but no! Darksiders 3. Can't believe it. I love the series, and especially the second one with its beautiful Jesper Kyd musics and all. Jesus, number 3 exists all of a sudden. I platinumed the first two, but now I really feel that I have to buy them again for PS4 and again just enjoy all that in anticipation. What a moment.

• Let's go!
    alt text

• Well I guess it was planned to be revealed today.

• Really excited.
    But I can't say that the premise or the protags design excite me. The story in this one seems even less tied to the story of the first two games.

• Fucking LOVE these games. Bought them originally on Steam but recently got the Warmastered/Dethinitive editions from the Humble THQNordic bundle.

Would have preferred to play as Strife, but fuck it man beggars can't be choosers.

• @DMCMaster But I hate double-dipping :( It's ok, I've got until 2018 to catch up, so I'll wait a bit longer and if no Switch new, PS4 it is.

Edit: Well well well... https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-gb/games/darksiders-fury's-collection-war-and-death/cid=EP4389-CUSA05275_00-DSFURYSBUNDLEEU1

• @Axel
    Damn thats a steal, $20 for both games

• Why only Fury, I thought the 3rd game should have both Fury and Strife? Now we have to wait who knows how long for a Strife game that finally ends the story (?). And what's with the PR text? She has to prove that she is the most powerful of the horsemen? Since when was it about becoming the most powerful? All 4 horsemen have to work together in the end to save mankind, that's imo the premise of the ending of the 1st game. Did the writer(s) even play the 1st game?

Looks like your connection to Easy Allies Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.