Describe Your Taste in Games Using Only 5 Titles!

• I want to know what all of you guys consider to be your taste in games. Try and describe it using 5 games. They don't have to be your all time favorites, but should cover the range of genres that you enjoy!

I'll go first:

Katamari Damacy
    Persona 3 Portable
    A Hat In Time (Beta)
    Okami
    Pokemon Black 2

• Bayonetta (representing the hack & slays)
    Senran Kagura Estival Versus (representing weeb shit)
    Touhou 10: Mountain of Faith (representing bullet hell shmups)
    Final Fantasy VII (representing JRPGs)
    Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon (representing japanese action adventures)

• Final Fantasy Tactics
    Trails in the Sky
    Dark Souls
    NHL 2k5
    Need For Speed Underground 2

• Final Fantasy IX
    Mass Effect 2
    Mega Man Legends
    Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time
    The Witcher 3

I like 3rd Person Action Adventure games with memorable characters and interesting settings. There, are you happy?!

• The Dig
    Life is Strange
    Gone Home
    Still-Life
    Silent Hill

I like a real wide variety of things, but I didn't want to go really random as I think you need some noticeable connections for it to start to describe you. 5 was tricky, but I think these do quite a good job at describing my taste and are definately some of my all time favourites at the same time.

Adventure clearly pulls me in, especially with a Sci-Fi twist. They show I'm a sucker for unraveling a good Mystery and that I love to play detective in some way, shape or form; add in something spooky, haunting or supernatural and you definately have my attention.

I would have added FF8 to bridge a small gap if I were allowed six. It has a lot of elements I clearly enjoy, but also shows that a little bit of teen/highschool drama is a hard thing to resist.

• :decided to edit my list to provide reasons because what's the point otherwise?

-Dodonpachi
    (games as technical accomplishment, games as mediums for satisfaction/challenge, games as mechanical proficiency)
    -Harmony Summer Hardpack Tape 11 in 1
    (games as non-games, games as personal expression, games as inversions of their own conventions, games as a unique aesthetic property)
    -Moon: Remix RPG Adventure
    (games as art, games as a mystical thing I've never even experienced, games as cult items, games as a space for creators and a history for these creators to exist within)
    -Minesweeper
    (games as a persistent fixture in digital language, games as a part of collective consciousness, games as an activity equally passive and rigorous)
    -Super Smash Bros. Melee for the Nintendo Gamecube
    (games as community, games as sport, games as an ever-changing landscape)

• Shrek Kart
    Shrek Smash n' Crash Racing
    Shrek SuperSlam
    Shrek 2: Beg for Mercy
    Shrek Extra Large

• @Mbun i gotta get back into the .hack games i got the first 4 never finished them

• Ocarina of Time
    Devil May Cry 3
    Super Smash Bros Melee
    Phantasy Star Online
    Wild Guns

• alt text

Make it linear, make me care, make the environments nature-centric, put in some puzzles, make hitting things feel good — and I'm going to need more puzzles.

TLoZ: Twilight Princess
    TES: Skyrim
    The Last of Us
    Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
    Monster Hunter Tri

• Nights into Dreams
    Night in the Woods
    Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
    Cherry Tree High Comedy Club
    Yakuza 5

I have two things I really want in my games when I get down to it: Short, awesome games that leave a mark, and chances to just get lost in a different (or not-so-different) world and unwind a bit. Sometimes they combine though and I just lose 100 hours to something magical.

• Kingdom Hearts
    Legend of Dragoon
    Dark Souls
    Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
    Monster Hunter 4

Great topic! Would be a fun L&R game.

• Not my top 5 games, but the ones that just about cover what I like

Pokemon Gold/Silver - Comfort food
    Final Fantasy 3 - Pure and simple with hidden depth and good customization
    Uncharted 2 - strong storytelling
    Lord of the Rings: Return of the King - Strong combat that lets you fight with your friends
    Mario Kart - Fight your friends

• Donkey Kong Country
    Dark Souls
    Mass Effect 2
    Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
    Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

• @FF7Cloud said in Describe Your Taste in Games Using Only 5 Titles!:

@Mbun i gotta get back into the .hack games i got the first 4 never finished them

Same here. I was at the end of the second one and struggling with the boss. Then one of my college roommates stole my memory card and I didn't want to start over. Still think about picking them back up at 3 though and just finishing it off!

• Persona 5
    Undertale
    Final Fantasy 7
    Silent Hill 2
    Transistor

I like stories about broken characters that use fantastic soundtracks as a backdrop. Gotta have some chill tunes to go along with your inner turmoil.

alt text

• Victoria 2 (Real life based SLOW strategy games)

Banjo Kazooie (Pure quality and jolly fun)

Nier (Good stories that demand more of me than just being a passive observer)

Catherine (Yep I haven't seen that before)

Persona 5 (or 3 or 4, RPGs in general that really make me care about the characters)

• Mass Effect 3
    Katamari Damacy
    Super Mario Bros 2
    Kingdom Hearts
    Phantasy Star IV

I love story games, especially ones where I can make choices or get to know characters. I also adore fun cute games.

That being said I also will play almost anything else, but it tends to be the RPGs and platformers/puzzlers that get played the most.

• This is a great idea @michemagius! Thanks for creating this thread.

For me, I won't include my overall top 5, but the first five that represent unique genres

Final Fantasy VII
    Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
    DOOM II
    Kingdom Hearts
    Gears of War 2

For me, you can tell my tastes are eclectic, yet particular. I guess when it comes down to it, the overwhelming majority of the games have either great story/characters, gameplay, or a combination of both. This is tough to narrow to five games, but there is NOTHING said about honorable mentions for genres ;-)

So not having a third person cartoonish duo with crazy unique weaponry, a first person puzzler with a mad female A.I., and a four-player co-op run and gun survival horror title actually completes the broad gambit. But five games are listed so...

Looks like your connection to Easy Allies Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.