Describe Your Taste in Games Using Only 5 Titles!

• Destiny- Shooters, RPG's, great online PvE and particularity PvP multiplayer.

Valkryia Chronicles- Strong interest in Japanese made RPG's. And I don't believe turned based gameplay is outdated.

Uncharted 4-I love platformers and action adventures

Dark Souls/Bloodborne games- I love a fair competitive challenge at times. And I have interest in medieval times.

Metal Gear Solid 5- I have interest in stealth action games that have you create tactics on the fly for infiltration. Or best strategy for completing the objectives by studying the enemy.

• Final Fantasy X
    A love of jrpgs. It was a close tie between X and Mario RPG. But I'd say X has a slightly closer place in my heart. I'm even going through it right now for my probably 5th or 6th time.

Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
    Good ol' Nintendo action adventure.
    With an occasionally creepy psychedelic twist. Talk about meaningful sidequests!

Assassins Creed 2
    Encompassing the open world genre. I could climb towers for days. (Maybe only a few at a sitting though :p)

Metroid Prime 2
    Besides Goldeneye, one of the first fps I can remember playing. Definitely left a favorable impact. Also had some great puzzles.. I'm including Metroidvanias in here too. It's not a 2D one, but it does have the name in the title lol.

Life is Strange
    For the modern story driven adventure games.

• Persona 4 Golden
    Civilization V
    Super Mario World
    Deus Ex
    Danganronpa

Generally is play everything (besides Horror games) but these five are probably the most accurate description of my gaming habits

• This is actually impossible haha.

Tony Hawk's Underground for arcade gameplay, skate culture, music
    God of War III for senseless violence and nudity
    Uncharted: Drake's Fortune for lighthearted romantic adventure with classic 80s villain's
    Metal Gear Solid for video game zaniness, cinematic drama, and exciting action
    Bloodborne for my appreciation of The Gothic (literature, style, etc), challenging gameplay, and atmosphere

• Mushihimesama Futari
    Final Fantasy 9
    Witcher 3
    Deux Ex
    Resident Evil revelations 2

• Xenogears - PS1 era JRPGs are my favorites. A lot of experimentation in mechanics, storytelling, and technology. I could put any number of titles here, but Xenogears was the first to pop into my head.
    Mass Effect (any) - Helps fill those space opera cravings.
    Dark Souls (any) - I didn't realize I needed games like this in my life... now I can't get enough.
    GTA Vice City - My introduction to GTA and open world games.
    XCOM Enemy Unknown - High stakes, turn-based, strategy.

• @Haru17 said in Describe Your Taste in Games Using Only 5 Titles!:

I'm tempted to put Life is Strange or Persona 3 or 5 on this list, but that series is so new to me — I haven't finished either of the games yet

I felt exactly the same in regards to Persona 5. Love love love that game but I'm not done yet and it's my first experience with the franchise. Also I'm skeptical to say that Persona 5 is a good description of my taste in games. I'm not sure if I would like other games with heavy dialog, day to day actions, and dungeon crawling, or if Persona 5 is just so well polished and gripping that I would only like Persona.

• Halo - intense shooters
    Assassin's Creed - historical action adventure/narrative/open world games
    Spec Ops the line - narrative action games
    Age of Empires - accesible strategy games
    Mass Effect - WRPGs

• Deus Ex
    System shock
    Half life
    Doom
    Mafia

• @Mbun That's X-actly it, gaming tastes to the X-treme ;)

• @Haru17 YES! Finally someone else who recognizes the greatness of Super Paper Mario!

• This is stupid hard. I can't choose just 5, that's crazy. I've made so many draft and all of them feel great and terrible. Great, because there are some really great games. Terrible, because I'm leaving so much out.

• Dark Souls (brutal yet fair difficulty)
    Doom II (frantic FPS action polished to a sheen)
    Super Mario World (S-class 2D Platforming)
    Devil May Cry 3: Original US release (perfect for that inner masochist)
    The Witcher (moral choices that have so much grey they'd make someone obsessed with 'black and white' morality snap and develop 6 other personas; e-cookie to anyone who catches the reference)

• Dark Souls 3
    Borderlands 2
    The witcher 2
    Bayonetta
    Overwatch

• -Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (WiiU)
    -Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (PC)
    -Ratchet and Clank (PS2/PS3)
    -Titanfall 2 (PC)
    -Bloodborne (PS4)

Bonus: 5 upcoming games that I'm REALLY looking forward to:
    Mario Odyssey, Spider Man, Death Stranding, Red Dead Redemption 2 and Dreams

• @-Jak- at the risk of being called Kyle Bosman, I personally wouldn't consider the Uncharted games platformers or action adventures.

• Banned

@Kaminski The franchise includes those elements here and there, but for the most part Uncharted is a very linear and cinematic TPS.

It's essentially the video game equivalent of a roller coaster. Not that it's a bad thing. It's great for storytelling and extravagant set pieces.

• 'Linear' isn't a genre — it's open world games that all congeal into the same generic title. Action-adventures before eighth gen had a much larger breadth, from very structured stuff like Uncharted to puzzley explorative games like Zelda, which resemble JRPGs in that they have a constant overworld that allows one to revisit previous areas.

• Banned

@Haru17 "Walking" isn't a genre either, but they sure as Hell made it one.

• @Art I know, I've played Xenoblade too.