Describe Your Taste in Games Using Only 5 Titles!

• Deus Ex
    System shock
    Half life
    Doom
    Mafia

• @Mbun That's X-actly it, gaming tastes to the X-treme ;)

• @Haru17 YES! Finally someone else who recognizes the greatness of Super Paper Mario!

• This is stupid hard. I can't choose just 5, that's crazy. I've made so many draft and all of them feel great and terrible. Great, because there are some really great games. Terrible, because I'm leaving so much out.

• Dark Souls (brutal yet fair difficulty)
    Doom II (frantic FPS action polished to a sheen)
    Super Mario World (S-class 2D Platforming)
    Devil May Cry 3: Original US release (perfect for that inner masochist)
    The Witcher (moral choices that have so much grey they'd make someone obsessed with 'black and white' morality snap and develop 6 other personas; e-cookie to anyone who catches the reference)

• Dark Souls 3
    Borderlands 2
    The witcher 2
    Bayonetta
    Overwatch

• -Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (WiiU)
    -Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (PC)
    -Ratchet and Clank (PS2/PS3)
    -Titanfall 2 (PC)
    -Bloodborne (PS4)

Bonus: 5 upcoming games that I'm REALLY looking forward to:
    Mario Odyssey, Spider Man, Death Stranding, Red Dead Redemption 2 and Dreams

• @-Jak- at the risk of being called Kyle Bosman, I personally wouldn't consider the Uncharted games platformers or action adventures.

• Banned

@Kaminski The franchise includes those elements here and there, but for the most part Uncharted is a very linear and cinematic TPS.

It's essentially the video game equivalent of a roller coaster. Not that it's a bad thing. It's great for storytelling and extravagant set pieces.

• 'Linear' isn't a genre — it's open world games that all congeal into the same generic title. Action-adventures before eighth gen had a much larger breadth, from very structured stuff like Uncharted to puzzley explorative games like Zelda, which resemble JRPGs in that they have a constant overworld that allows one to revisit previous areas.

• Banned

@Haru17 "Walking" isn't a genre either, but they sure as Hell made it one.

• @Art I know, I've played Xenoblade too.

• Persona 4 Golden,
    Call of Duty: World at War,
    Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag,
    Fallout 3,
    Silent Hill 2.

• @Kaminski I mentioned Uncharted to kill a few birds with one stone. To fit under the 5 game limit.

I like action adventures, platformers. And cinematic games can be cool when played moderately. Along with other things that make U4 great.

• Super Mario World
    Mass Effect 2
    Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
    Diablo II
    Final Fantasy X

• Portal 2
    Super Mario World
    Jak and Daxter
    Pokemon Emerald
    Team Fortress 2

I'd never considered this before, but it makes sense that these 5 all have a certain levity to them.

*List may contain an over-representation of platforming

• @Doctor-Professor I really dig the character designs in Hoenn. They're the most relatable characters in the series to me.

• These aren't necessarily my all time favourites but I think they

Rayman Origins - Give me something that's just FUN, with some killer gameplay.
    Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door - Be funny and humourous and change up a well known universe.
    Bastion - I love hub worlds that gradually build up as you progress through the game. Also, have a fucking amazing soundtrack.
    Heavy Rain - I do like pretty graphics and realism sometimes. And I do like a bloody good yarn and mystery.
    PT - I like to be scared shitless and to figure shit out.

This is bloody difficult.

• Shenmue II
    (Take me on a journey.)

Final Fantasy VIII
    (Love JRPGs, amazing soundtrack, and video games need more romance)

Bioshock Infinite
    (Love immersive games)

Mass Effect 3
    (High stakes, choose your own adventure, and interesting Characters)

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
    (Great boss battles, Snake Eater theme will always trigger happiness, and sometimes I love some back door shady deals complicated plot)

• Tetris
    Super Mario RPG
    Tekken
    Motorstorm
    Mega Man X