DO YOURSELF A FAVOR. GO PLAY FURI.

• So this months PS+ game is Furi. Sweet mother guys...it's a helluva ride. The soundtrack is A+, the gameplay is super good (though can get kind of inconsistent equalling frustration), and the visuals are super great. If you haven't downloaded already, DO IT. One of my GOTY contenders easily! Not sure what it's like go check out my hour of gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2nhSlEBf8c

One of the best PS+ games to come out of the program. Certainly up there with Rocket League and my personal favorite; OlliOlli2.

• I had it downloaded but the trailer left me hesitant to give it a try, you've encouraged me to do so though!

• Downloaded it as well, haven't tried it yet. Super glad its on PS+. I know a lot of people give PS+ a lot of heat since they mostly give out indie games but man I love it when they give us a new game. Rocket League, OlliOlli 2 and Apatheon were all games I was going to buy on day one and didnt have to because of PS+.
    Dont know if I would have gotten Furi day one if I had to buy it, but I'll gladly give it a shot now. Also big fan of Afro Samuari, really cool to learn I think the guy that created AS did the concept art for this game or something like that.

• @TheWorthyEdge Woah, super glad you made this post, this is definitely a case where a game's trailer turned me off completely for an otherwise great game. Loving the atmosphere and the engaging combat. Probably the only tutorial that's ever really challenged me before, I'm really digging this game.

• I'm slowly making my way through the game myself. I'm up to Boss 3 (Phase like 3) and it's been fun! Really, the best surprise to come out of PS+ so far.

• @Theomeny That boss took me awhile! I really loved the design of the fight though.

• @SabotageTheTruth said in DO YOURSELF A FAVOR. GO PLAY FURI.:

@Theomeny That boss took me awhile! I really loved the design of the fight though.

Same. Once I realized though that nothing big happens until I shot at him, I slowed down and was more methodical about it.

Nearly beat Boss 4 today, he's more straightforward than Boss 3. But, his final phase is a doozy.

Good Luck!

• Global Moderator

Only fought the first two bosses last night but I'm definitely digging it. The section in between feel really half baked though.

• Downloaded it the other day! The trailer made it look so similar to El Shaddai that I almost wonder how they got away without being sued.
    Not a bad thing though since I loved that game and will definitely be hitting this up soon!

• @tokeeffe9 said in DO YOURSELF A FAVOR. GO PLAY FURI.:

Only fought the first two bosses last night but I'm definitely digging it. The section in between feel really half baked though.

Another journalist, somewhere I forget where, mentioned that those sections are like walking to a boxing ring, getting your mind right and giving you time to relax after a stressful battle; complete with hypeman.

With that in mind, I've grown to really kinda like those sections. Oddly enough.

• Global Moderator

@Theomeny Sure, I didn't hate it. It just feels a little half baked... janky.

• @tokeeffe9 I would dislike it as well if they didn't add in the button press that just makes him walk towards his destination. Lets me enjoy the fixed camera angles and general scenery. The lead up to the third boss was stunning.

@tokeeffe9 I would dislike it as well if they didn't add in the button press that just makes him walk towards his destination. Lets me enjoy the fixed camera angles and general scenery. The lead up to the third boss was stunning.

Those camera angles, like those were like Dutch Angles on crack. I love some of these vistas. Also, I've noticed that for me (who is not gud) are taking 10-15 minutes. It definitely doesn't feel like 10-15 minutes holy moly.

Also, fair enough @tokeeffe9 !

• Finally got to start this one up, I'm also really enjoying it. I don't mind the walks because they are visually interesting and it gives the game the chance to try and tell a narrative. This game is also very Afro Samurai who also had this guide telling him what to do.

Like others, im kinda stuck on the third boss, mostly having trouble with the parries but the game is fun and I plan on at least getting past this boss.

• @TheMarcV As @Theomeny mentioned, you really control the pace of the fight (especially in later phases), since shooting at him will cause walls of frustration and retaliation. The fourth boss feels much easier as I almost took him down in 1 shot, but his last phase is well... impressive, to say the least. Good luck!

@TheMarcV As @Theomeny mentioned, you really control the pace of the fight (especially in later phases), since shooting at him will cause walls of frustration and retaliation. The fourth boss feels much easier as I almost took him down in 1 shot, but his last phase is well... impressive, to say the least. Good luck!

I really couldn't have put that better myself. Impressive is right.

• @SabotageTheTruth
    Are you talking about when he sits on the big post in the center of the arena and sends out shockwaves when you hit him. I can do that part just fine, its the next two parts I struggle with the most. First they shoot out a bunch of projectiles, then you need to parry him to stop time. This phase, where he sends shockwaves and physically attacks you and the next part where its only hand to hand that I have the most trouble with.I struggle in the hand to hand part cuz I cant time the parry just right, or ill parry the first strike but get hit when i try to counter off the parry. Just need to git gud haha, appreciate the help and any other tips.

• @TheMarcV Yeah, I was talking about the post, that part gave me tons of problems. For the hand-to-hand, all I can really suggest is focus on parrying him a few times before countering, that way you get a health boost and don't get hit. I would parry three times and then smack the hell out of him.

• @SabotageTheTruth
    Ooooh okay, I wasnt sure if parrying gave you health back. This helps because in that section I didnt know if there was a way for me to get any health back. Well now im looking forward to giving it another try now, thanks.

• Global Moderator

I like it except I encountered a bug which prevented me from doing the charge shot. Turns out it was a weird thing where I had to switch controllers. Or just turn my controller off and on. Now that I can actually play it I like it a lot.