Nintendo Announces E3 Plans

• Nintendo’s E3 activities kick off on Tuesday 13th June at 18:00 CEST with its Nintendo Spotlight: E3 2017 video presentation. Available to view in local languages live at Nintendo of Europe’s E3 2017 website, this presentation will offer more details about Super Mario Odyssey and other Nintendo Switch games, with a focus on games launching this year.

Immediately following Nintendo Spotlight: E3 2017, Nintendo is once again bringing back Nintendo Treehouse: Live at E3 2017, a livestreamed showcase of upcoming games for Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. Gameplay for all the featured games will be streamed from the E3 show floor from 13th to 15th June via Nintendo’s Twitch channels, with a chatroom available in viewers’ local language. In addition to gameplay, the livestream will include behind-the-scenes info and commentary from game developers and members of the Nintendo Treehouse. Nintendo Treehouse: Live at E3 2017 content will be livestreamed in English only.

In addition to all of these activities, Nintendo will also host game tournaments that will be livestreamed from the E3 show floor. The 2017 Splatoon 2 World Inkling Invitational splats onto the scene on 13th June and features Splatoon 2 for Nintendo Switch. Composed of four pre-qualified squid squads from Europe, the U.S., Japan, and Australia/New Zealand, the tournament will find teams participating in the first-ever international Splatoon 2 competition. The second tournament, the 2017 ARMS Open Invitational, takes place on 14th June and will feature Nintendo’s upcoming ARMS fighting game for Nintendo Switch.

alt text

• I might watch the Spotlight but I'm definitely not wasting my time with the rancid Treehouse again.

• no announcement for the announcements skit video this year is total bullshit.

• Banned

We show Mario and Squid rori's.

Prease be excited.

• Not anticipating much from this, but watching nonetheless. Mario will be good, but forget about fan favorites like Metroid, basically.

• Hopefully the focus on 2017 titles falls somewhere between that and Sony's announce games before they even exist model.

Remember, Smash 4D, Pokemon, and the Rabbids Mario thing could very well be out before November, and the Zelda DLC needs to be. One assumes they'll at least announce Retro's game for 2018 as well.

• I have a feeling Nintendo will be about 10% Stealth drops (VC, and some indies), 60% Late summer-December releases (WiiU ports, other VC titles, third party stuff and major first party stuff) With the last 30% being stuffing releasing in January up to early summer, with a few possibly becoming fall 2018 titles

• I can't wait to be severely underwhelmed.

• Only thing I'm disappointed to hear about is it sounds like they're downplaying their tournaments this year maybe? The wording is kind of weird, like they're running the tournaments out of their E3 booth instead of a stadium for it like the past. If that's how it is, they probably won't be as big events as they were in the past, with their own announcements attached.

@Musou-Tensei Last year Treehouse was pretty great. They showed way more footage of the games people cared about and announced a couple other decent ones.

• No, @Mbun, the Treehouse stream was very clearly rancid. It was borne of trash and baptized in the gutter. It's not like they just streamed a new Zelda game or anything, no. All trash ;)

• @Mbun said in Nintendo Announces E3 Plans:

Only thing I'm disappointed to hear about is it sounds like they're downplaying their tournaments this year maybe? The wording is kind of weird, like they're running the tournaments out of their E3 booth instead of a stadium for it like the past. If that's how it is, they probably won't be as big events as they were in the past, with their own announcements attached.

I guess they're just cutting costs of being at E3. Hiring out another venue for two tournaments must be pretty expensive.

• I called it, Splatoon 2 tournament. Now we just need Rabbid skits during the presentation.