E3 of Dreams 2017
@Brannox believe that we will get FF7 part 1 this year... believe!
Brannox last edited by
@CGamor7 Yeah, believe... flying in the face of facts... but sure, that's what this is all about isn't it? X-)
bard91 last edited by bard91
New Suikoden is the probably least probable thing that I can come up with.
On the more realistic spectrum I'm really interested in seeing what Atlus will be showing, with Aegis Rim 13 confirmed to make an appearance we know that we'll be getting at least that from them, and I'm hoping we hear something about Deep Strange Journey, Etrian Odyssey V or Radiant Historia Perfect Chronology for the west.
And really unlikely but I would love to get an idea what the hell their Switch game will be, but it is likely that they are still figuring that out themselves.
I don't know if CD Projeckt will be there but some news on Cyberpunk 2077 would also be really sweet, I've yet to play Witcher 3, but I played the previous 2 so I trust they have what it takes to make something really cool out of the setting.
@bard91 I forgot about cyberpunk 2077! Thats a game i want to see at E3. I think my expectations may be a little high for it, but im really looking forward to seeing anything on it.
Axel last edited by
- Metroid. 2D or 3D, I don't care. I want a significant new entry in this goddamn series! Or else I'll make it myself.
- Mega Man X. Pleaaaaaase Capcom, how long are you going to keep recycling the old games? Make a new one, you don't need a huge budget, be clever about it! Either HD sprites, or gorgeous stylised 3D like Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze.
- Speaking of which, I wouldn't be against a new Donkey Kong Country!
- Splinter Cell. I really enjoyed Blacklist's gameplay, felt like they hit the right balance to satisfy stealth purists and action-oriented players. I didn't hate the story.
- A new Rocksteady game, Batman or a wider DC setting.
- Dead Space! The fight's not over! Bring the game back to its roots, follow Resident Evil 7's example.
- Command & Conquer/Red Alert. And make it for casuals like me. I just like making big armies and watching those cheesy FMV cutscenes.
- Tomb Raider 2 and 3 Anniversary, HD remakes in the same vein as the first one. I'd love to replay those games with sexier graphics.
- Bayonetta 3. Obviously.
- Deus Ex, the end of the new trilogy. Just cancel your shitty Marvel plans, Square Enix. Nobody cares about Marvel. The world needs more Deus Ex.
- Pikmin 4. Show it already, Miyamoto!
- Star Fox Guard 2. Ten times more fun than Zero.
- Chrono Trigger 2. That's right.
- Diablo 4. For the love of Azrael, please have a decent story this time.
- All of the above, Switch exclusive.
That will do. Thank you very much.
Tragosaurus last edited by Tragosaurus
Just a few, many of which have already been mentioned.
- Final Fantasy VII Remake: Part 1 with a Holiday 2017 release date.
- Pokemon Stars is not just a port of Sun/Moon to the Switch, but a game where you control the camera with the right analog stick. Also battles play out more like Final Fantasy X than standard Pokemon.
- Dark Cloud 3 announcement trailer. This would never have been on my radar if Brad didn't mention it in a previous betting special and now I can't get it out of my head.
- Kingdom Hearts 3 with a general release date early 2018.
- A new Ratchet & Clank game announcement. I don't really care if its a reimagining of Going Commando or a brand new title.
- A new Jak & Daxter game. More original, less 3.
naltmank last edited by
Pokemon Stars is not just a port of Sun/Moon to the Switch, but a game where you control the camera with the right analog stick. Also battles play out more like Final Fantasy X than standard Pokemon.
Out of curiosity, how do you envision a battle system like FFX for pokemon? Since it's (for the most part) 1-on-1 battles, wouldn't the turn wheel kind of be pointless? Or do you mean more like in the way that battles are staged?
Tragosaurus last edited by Tragosaurus
@naltmank Yeah I mean more the way they are staged. I would like having a party of like 3 Pokemon that you send into battle going up against however many opponents in a random encounter or trainer battle. Being able to see the turn order so you can plan out your moves and see how using Agility will effect the flow. You could use a turn to swap out Pokemon, use an item, and such.
I obviously haven't thought about the nittygritty of how this would work in Pokemon. I've been bored with the Pokemon battle system for a while but have a hug nostalgia soft spot for Pokemon itself. I would love to see the system shaken up somehow, away from the current 1v1 or sometimes 2v2 battles. I don't expect them to ever do it, or that it would even be the right move for the franchise, its just my dream.
A7X458 last edited by
I know this will never happen but a new 3Rd person Pokemon game, more realistically i want a new elder scrolls game.
Guest last edited by
Bayo 3 and/or The Wonderful 102 would make me moister than an oyster.
korn7809 last edited by
Breath of Fire III + IV remaster or remake. Or Breath of Fire 6 but ya....
SabotageTheTruth last edited by
Final Fantasy Tactics remastered for PS4.
Kinda a bland dream, huh? But wait, what's this... I'm taking the steps to acquire Cloud in the game, but his quest line ends completely differently. After fighting a boss added to this version specifically (and the hardest in the game), a menu pops up informing you of a free download you've earned. The download ends up being a demo for a brand new Final Fantasy Tactics set in the world of Ivalice, occuring after the events of the first one, releasing next year.
Also, if we're dreaming real, real big, Atlus holds a secret press conference, declares that I am the best Persona fan to ever exist, and offers me a permanent job at their headquarters. For some reason, this also includes a free hot tub because that sounds kinda nice right now.
FF7Cloud last edited by
Final Fantasy Tactics Remastered on ps4 with a upcoming sequel because i want to know what happens to Delita after the ending of that game what did he go on to achieve as king since we hear of his accomplishments in vagrant story
iboshow last edited by
I'm extremely disappointed in this thread. I guess people don't dream big any more.
SabotageTheTruth last edited by
@ib0show Uhm, my dream included a hot tub. It doesn't get any bigger than that.
Doctor Professor last edited by
It's the end of the Sony conference. People are anticipating something big. The stage goes dark, with a lone spotlight on center stage. Onto the stage walks Evan Wells, president of Naughty Dog LLC. He tells the crowd that he knows they want information about Last of Us 2, but that he has something even bigger to to talk about. He's here to announce that they've finally corrected a 14 year old mistake. Yep, you guessed it, JAK 2 AND III ARE RETCONNED INTO NONEXISTENCE AND THEIR NEW, TRUE SEQUEL TO JAK AND DAXTER IS AVAILABLE IS STORES AND THROUGH DIGITAL DOWNLOAD RIGHT NOW, BABY, SO GO HAVE SOME FUN, EVERYONE, he says, looking not just directly into the camera, but directly into my soul.
And then I wake up, because this dream is too good and pure for this cold, imperfect world that we call reality.
Churchy last edited by
@jipostus I wouldn't be so sure. Factor 5 is now back and if I recall correctly, they have the rights to Turrican.
jipostus last edited by
@Churchy OH MY GOD YES! MY DREAM IS GOING TO BE TRUE SOONER THAN LATER :D
Churchy last edited by Churchy
@jipostus Yeah, it happened about 3 weeks ago and wasn't widely reported. I'm also hoping that means another dream of mine, which is that the unreleased Rogue Squadron Trilogy game they made for Wii gets a release on Switch!
Also, I'm loving the excitement! As Brad said after the announcement of FFVII remake: "Video games are the best you guys."