Describe Your Taste In Music Using 7 Songs
jipostus last edited by
Scooter, Masterboy, E-Rotic, Mr. President, Fun Factory, Worlds Apart, U96-Love Message
Within Temptation-Whole World is Watching
Within Temptation-Let Us Burn
CROW'S CLAW-Necro Phantasia
And finally, the Best song of all time (Yes, I do genuinely like this song.)
Sorry not sorry
Brannox last edited by
For me, I go by song, not necessarily band/group/artist/etc.
These are my seven favorites for various reasons
Metalingus - AlterBridge
I Don't Wanna Stop - Ozzy Osbourne
Cult of Personality - Living Colour
Fur Elise - Ludwig van Beethoven
I Came to Play - Downstait
This Fire Burns - Killswitch Engage
Ascension to Cosmo Canyon - Reuben Kee
Ringedwithtile last edited by
I rarely listen to music, but there are few artists and albums I respond to strongly:
Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay - Otis Redding
Rudie Can't Fail - The Clash
Golden Hours - Brian Eno
Meat Grinder - M.F. DOOM
I Believe in You - Talk Talk
Holy Fucking Shit: 40,000 - Have a Nice Life
Sound and Vision - David Bowie
Faaip last edited by
This is tough, but here's a few songs/artists that aren't necessarily my all-time favorites but were very influential to me as a musician and music fan..
Guest last edited by Guest
ちぇんりあくしょん (Chen Notes) - Tamaonsen feat. various doujin rappers
TRAUMATIC SYNDROME - Adust Rain
Embraced by the Flame - Undead Corporation
Paranoid - Shoohey
Inferior Child - DoctorRandomercam
Altschauerberg 8 - Vocal feat. Dorian der Übermensch
Go To Sleep - Eminem feat. Obie Trice and DMX
FF7Cloud last edited by
"I'm over you" Keith Whitley
" You took the words right out of my mouth" Meatloaf
"Dont stop believing Journey"
"Mama's Hungary Eyes" Merle Haggard
"Pills i Took" Hank Williams the 3RD
" Coming Home " Lynard Skynard
" Perfect Country/Western song" David Allen Coe
MiserablePerson last edited by MiserablePerson
Honestly, this was brutal - I could've used 70 slots. At the end of the day though, I'm pretty happy with the range these seven are able to cover.
"Styrofoam Boots/It's All Nice on Ice, Alright" - Modest Mouse
"Battery Kinzie" - Fleet Foxes
"All I Want" - LCD Soundsystem
"First Breath After Coma" - Explosions In The Sky
"Ramblin' Man" - The Allman Brothers Band
"Runaway" - Kanye West
"Doing it Right" - The Go! Team
bard91 last edited by
Interesting one, I just cobbled this up quickly but I think it is a fair representation of the things I ussually listen to
Amesouers - Les Ruches Malades
(I suppose this one can serve in representation of the Doom metal, which I listen to a lot, even if it not really in the genere)
iboshow last edited by
Picking 7 songs was really hard
"I'm a believer" - Smash Mouth
"Holding out for a Hero" - Jennifer Saunders
"Funky Town" - Lipps Inc
"What I like about you - Romantiks
"All Star" - Smash Mouth
"Barracunda" - Fergie
"Hallelujah" - Leonard Cohen
lifetimeofnot last edited by
"You won't know" brand new
"Pensicolla" manchester orchestra
"Minor threat" minor threat
"Walking is still honest" against me
"Arcarsenal" At the drive in
"All fuzzed out" Beach Slang
"Rejoice" Julian Baker
I'm not sure how to do the fancy links but I'm pretty happy with that list. It's hard because I had to cut some of my favorite songs in order to represent more variety.
SabotageTheTruth last edited by
"Spanish Sahara" - Foals
I'm a fan of a good build-up and this song perfectly displays that. The release of sound towards the end is absolutely cathartic.
"Knives Out" - Radiohead
My favorite song by my favorite band. Like a lot of their work, it has a certain mood of melancholy surrounding the entire work, yet a strong rhythm and Yorke's haunting vocals weave their way through the song. This video was directed by Michel Gondry, who would later go on to create my favorite film, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Lots of favorites in this one!
"Frontier Psychiatrist" - The Avalanches
I'm a huge fan of anyone who is able to take samples and do interesting things with them and the debut album for The Avalanches excels in this field. There's so many moods this song explores, using a lot of clips that really shouldn't work in a song, yet they're brilliant here.
"Yet Again" - Grizzly Bear
This band just keeps getting better and I feel this is a great showcase for their skills. Sad and dreamy, yet it has one of the best endings to a song I've ever encountered, an absolute psychedelic freak-out.
"Slumlord" - Neon Indian
So despite the previous entries, I'm not only listening to depressing music, I've got quite a fondness for synth-work and anything that incorporates the feeling of the 80s. The chorus here is probably the most catchy out of anything I'm sharing here yet it reverts right back to that dirty, dirty synth.
"Creep in a T-Shirt"- Portugal. The Man
Danger Mouse is an incredible producer that turns everything he touches into gold. I was a little skeptical when I heard he was working with these guys but he brought out their best work to date. PTM started embracing their funkier side and the horns here are stellar, along with the backing vocals. His mixing is so crisp sounding, everything just pops.
"Fireworks" - Animal Collective
If I had to describe euphoria, I would instead stop trying to use words and play this song instead. Back when Animal Collective wasn't aggressively trying to be offputting, this gem came out and creates an atmosphere unlike any other I've visited. Sonic, ethereal, and Avey Tare's vocals really add passion to the whole piece.
Inustar last edited by
This list is my favourite so far. Well played
iboshow last edited by
@lifetimeofnot [nameofsong] (youtubelink) no space in between the brackets
jipostus last edited by
@ib0show Also, when posting, there is a button above the textfield where you can type, between strikethrough and image buttons, which can be used to create the link thing faster, especially if you highlight the word(s) you want to make into a link
Fiskern last edited by
Mein Herz brennt - Rammstein
Could've said: Whispers in the Dark - Skillet
It shows off really well how rock/metal can be combined with calssic instruments. I like the slower paced metal songs with deep vocal rather than faster with growling etc.
Harder, better, faster, stronger - Daft Punk
Could've said: Other Daft Punk songs
I like Daft Punk
Breaking the Habit - Linkin Park
Could've said: Numb, Easier to Run, Waiting for the End - all by Linkin Park
Almost ten years ago I rediscovered Linkin Park, realizing how much I liked them, and are the band I've been the most fan of so far. They lead me deeper into hard rock and metal. Breaking the habit is one of the more mellow, not so angry songs that I like to listen to when I am down
Krølla 50-lapp y'all - Karpe Diem
Could've said: Kontaktannonser - Klovner i Kamp
Had to put some old Norwegian hiphop on here.
The Real Slim Shady - Eminem
Could've said: Other Eminem Songs
I like Eminem
John Wayne - Lady Gaga
Could've said: Sia, Katy Perry
I've realized that I don't hate pop as I told used to tell myself
Uptown Funk - Bruno Mars
Could've said: Happy - Pharrel, Get Lucky - Daft Punk
Songs that make me smile and just enjoy life
Though that said, I don't listen to music that often...
TokyoSlim last edited by TokyoSlim
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Y Control
Run The Jewels - Run The Jewels
Talking Heads - This Must Be The Place
Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
DJ Shadow - Midnight in a Perfect World
NIN - The Becoming
A$AP Rocky - L$D
SabotageTheTruth last edited by
@TokyoSlim DJ Shadow deserves all the love in the world.
TokyoSlim last edited by
@SabotageTheTruth indeed. Saw him live a few years ago performing inside the 3d egg thing. Was incredible.
Will Schmuck last edited by
Get ready for some metal
1.) Emperator - Valkyrion - Band I was in many years ago, figured this would be a good example of my musical tastes in itself since I helped make the song lol (i'm on drums)
2.) Wintersun - Sons of Winter and Stars - I love long, epic metal songs and Jari is probably my favorite song writer. I also love Kai on drums, such an impressive drummer
3.) In Flames - Dead Eternity - Not much of a fan of their newer stuff, this whole album is one of the best examples of great melodic death metal out there.
4.) Dragonforce - Ashes of the Dawn - Been a Dragonforce/power metal fan for a long time, this album just came out maybe a week ago and I'm digging it a lot
5.) Amon Amarth - Cry of the Blackbirds - One of my top favorite bands, hard for them to make a song I don't like.
6.) Blind Guardian - Mirror Mirror - More power metal, seen Blind Guardian twice live and their entire discography is so diverse and great. They do a lot of orchestra work in the newer albums and they write each part themselves.
7.) Kalmah - Like a Slave - more melodic death metal that's a bit harder than In Flames, love this band too
Okey so I finally decided to make a list! these are just 7 random songs I really like that I think follows my taste in music!
- Odesza - IPLAYYOULISTEN suuuuuch a great smooth tune! should be listened to with high volume and a lot of base <3
- Bring Me The Horizon - Hospitals for souls Really heavy song. It touches a lot of "dark subjects" and gives me goosebumps, sometimes metal music really helps you get stuff "out your system".
- Troy Baker - What we Lost in the Fire Yes, this is THE Troy Baker, the same guy who do voices for half the gaming industry. Of course he can sing! He is working on his second album but this first album are amazing in so many ways! Think this might be one of my most listen to album over the last 2 - 3 years. Every song offers something unique and it works in happiness, sorrow, when you are tired, when you are upset, it just puts you in that great mood. This song is the one that has stuck with me the most and I really like this type of music.
- Millencolin - Sense & Sensibility This song really goes back to the music I found in my teens whilst hanging out at the skateparks with people and learning the basics flips on a board feeling awesome. I was never any good at skating but I loved the culture and a lot of the music still stays with me.
- Final Fantasy VI - Terra's Theme Yes, we do need to get some video game music in here! Growing up playing JRPGs and getting into the different worlds I found the music to often be fantastic and emotional in so many ways. As there are more fantastic tracks than I can count I figured I'll link in the one that have stuck with me the longest. This track I often go back to, close my eyes and just think back to when I played this fantastic game and the track are solid on its own if you didn't know much about the games at all.
- Moving Mountains - Aphelion Not sure what to say about this song. It is one of those you just go to now and then. This type of music I often put on when Im doing work and it just helps me focus on the work and makes everything easier.
- Taylor Swift - Shake it Off how can you NOT like this song?? so freaking catchy and I just can't help to bounce around when listening to it! I guess its a little of guilty pleasure. Sometimes you just need to "listen to music" and not take life so serious! As my list went quite "deep" and emotional I just feel like that we need to finish it off with something very happy and "have fun" music. I SHAKE IT OFF, I SHAKE IT OFF!!!
There you have it folks! I think this list represents the type of music I like the most! (yes all these songs are awesome as well!) I think this kinda reached out towards all my corners of taste in music. Love it or hate it, but I also think this music describes my personality in a good way on this sunny Friday morning.