Doom [2016] (PC/PS4/XB1)

• Hi folks, I got this game for the PS4 on the weekend and played it for a couple hours. I have never tried a Doom game before and I'm enjoying it. The gameplay is solid, the enemies already have a little variety and I approach them in different ways. The levels have open spaces with several floors that add some verticality to the gameplay, I find myself running around instead of sitting in a place and slowly advancing from point A to point B. It has good graphics and a good overall presentation, although sometimes I see a horizontal line on screen; it doesn't hinder the experience, but it's noticeable. I haven't updated the game yet, but as I won't wait until it's done it's a shame if they've released the game with this problem.

• I don't believe I've heard of anyone else having an issue with a horizontal line...check out this reddit thread.

I absolutely love DOOM 2016. I actually haven't finished it yet...

it's up with there Titanfall 2 for my favorite game of 2016.

• @Stormcrownn it seems that it's a problem with the game if played without the update. Titanfall 2 looks nice too.

• Its the kind of game I may play next. 60 hours into Mass Effect. And I'm not even finished. Makes me want to plays a more simple game that isn't as time consuming as a refreshment.

• I was pleasantly surprised after how the genre of 1st person shooters has imo degraded in the last decade.

• Doom is so oldschool that compared to other shooters released in the last decade it ironically feels fresh.

• It's got a lot of style and I certainly enjoyed my time with it... yet somehow, I never got around to finishing it. When I entered Hell, I was happy and never had a reason to go back.

• This was my first Doom game too, picked it up earlier this year.

Not a massive fan of shooters in general, but this is really great. I loved the level design and the visuals are incredible.

Gets a little repetitive towards the end, despite the amazing boss fights in the last few levels.

• That is very odd. It almost sounds like screen tearing but that is largely a PC problem.

Looks like your connection to Easy Allies Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.