A Hat In Time (NA PS4 Dec. 5/Worldwide PS4 and XBO Dec.6)

• A Hat in Time just released an update stating that the game will be releasing in Fall 2017, so I thought I should finally make a thread. AHiT is maybe my most anticipated game of all time. If you were disappointed by Yooka Laylee, I think you might really enjoy this game. I've been following the development process (since they post updates every Friday on Twitter), and it's been great to see how much progress the team has made.
    alt text

Prototype GamePlay:
    Youtube Video

Alpha Build Gameplay
    Youtube Video

Beta Build GamePlay:
    Youtube Video

Updated Playlist of Chapter Trailers:
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9OHRW09TgbrltFq0LdrX0eS0-OM3B2px

Twitter:
    https://twitter.com/HatInTime/media

Kickstarter:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jonaskaerlev/a-hat-in-time-3d-collect-a-thon-platformer/updates

Official Website:
    http://hatintime.com/

You can currently play the beta (which happens to be one of my favorite platforming experiences ever), for about $30 (you also get the full game).

So, are you excited? Nervous? Disinterested?

• I've heard of this game forever. Actually all the way back to 2013. I love Super Mario Sunshine and all, but I can't really care much if it's not going to come to PS4 or Switch — that's the only way I'd ever possibly play it. I wonder if they even made enough chapters for the game to feel weighty.

• @Haru17 I can't quite remember how many chapters there are gonna be off the top of my head, I believe 5 when the game first releases and a 6th as free dlc. But according to the beta there's supposed to be 60 levels.

• @michemagius Ah, well at least they're doing the Super Mario Sunshine episode thing then. That should help the game feel more like a full world.

• I've been following this game for years, and I'm really looking forward to it. I'm not sure that it will be a "good game" per say, but I do think it will be a worthwhile game to play. The developers are somewhat inexperienced, but this is a passion project for them - before 3D platformers seemed to be making a comeback with Yooka Laylee, Snake Pass, and Mario Odyssey these guys wanted to make a fun little game that transported you to magical worlds again.

It may be coming out at a bad time though. Partially, after Yooka Laylee, I think people are less inclined to throw all their weight behind a game just because its a 3D platformer, and partially because its going to be coming out at the same time as Mario Odyssey, which is FINALLY going back to this style of platformer, and will undoubtedly destroy AHiT with its monster budget and decades of experience.

That being said, its been one of my most anticipated games for a while now, and its a Day 1 purchase for me.

• I've never heard of this game, but I really like the art style.

• @Galaxy40k Yeah I worry about it being buried too. But I think it has a good community around it that will help promote as best they can.

• Update! We now have a release date! The game will be coming out October 5th! What's more, we're getting some really cool offical mods at launch! Check out the update here!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jonaskaerlev/a-hat-in-time-3d-collect-a-thon-platformer/posts/1969958

• Global Moderator

@michemagius Sounds like we're going to see a lot of hats :)

Seriously though, this game looks incredibly charming. I'm really into it.

• Hello everyone, I'm back with your obligatory AHiT update! In preparation of the games release on October 5th, the team at Gears For Breakfast have released a new speed running oriented demo for the game! Anyone who submits their run to speedrun.com will receive a special in game hat that has their time on it! The top 5 will recieve hats with special coloring and a copy of the game that they can give away to a twitch follower. You need to submit your run before September 30th to receive your hat.

This event is limited to people who already own the beta build, so backers and slacker backers only. If you fall into this category I highly recommend giving this event a shot! And if you can't participate because your not a backer, don't worry! You can still win a free copy of the game by following one of the runners! You can read more about the event here: Event Announcement.

Good luck to anyone who decides to run! I'll be practicing for a little while before I submit mine!

• Since the Speedrun Event will be wrapping up soon, I thought I would post a video of one of the speedruns.

Youtube Video

Also I was really pleased to hear that Brad is interested in the game! I hope that we get a stream at some point, I think it would be a really good time.

• The game releases today! I'm so excited I can't stand it! I've been waiting for this game for almost 5 years, and it's finally here! Will you guys be picking up a copy?

• Waiting for console release.

• Still waiting on it to appear on PS store.

• Still waiting for a price on Steam. ETA in 1hour but I will wait a bit to see if there are some technical difficulties with the game. ... I need to build up a respectable hat fetish until the end of the month. :D

• @Ikataishou The price is $29.99.

• @michemagius Ok thanks! probably the same in €, had hoped to be slightly less.

• I finally got to play! My computer was having a hissy fit with trying to run Steam for some reason so it took me 2 and a half hours of troubleshooting just to get the game up and running, but it was all worth it. The game is honestly Phenomenal, and that's coming from someone who as to run the game on performance settings because her computer is too weak to play games. I'll obviously pick up the game on PS4 when it comes out to get the whole experience, but even on lower settings the game is beautiful and controls wonderfully.

• Played today for 4 hours. I like it so far; it has its charm and runs quite well on max settings (Gtx 780, 1080p).

• Still waiting for it to pop up on the PS store