A Hat In Time (NA PS4 Dec. 5/Worldwide PS4 and XBO Dec.6)

• Banned

Look like a really easy game to master.

I don't know how people find platformers, 2D or 3D, hard in the first place.

• @Art I wouldn't say that the game is particularly hard to understand. It gives you a good range of platforming methods from the start, and allows the player to add on abilities at their own pace, so I think that it's a great game for beginners to the genre, but I know that based on levels I played in the Beta, that the Devs know how to put in a real challenge. The Beta Hero's Challenge, was just that, a challenge, even for someone like me who plays 3D platformers very often. And I can't personally give testament to this but the special level "Wet/Brilliant Mushroom Heaven" that some players got access to looks like an absolute nightmare. It really shows what the devs are capable of. (It may look simple compared to other challenge levels, but trust me, those mushrooms are really hard to control.)

Youtube Video

And I love 3d platformers, and most 2d platformers but honestly some of them are really difficult. I'm still not able to finish the Electronic Super Joy DLC even though I love that game a lot.
    Youtube Video

• A Hat In Time is our today for North American PS4 owners! If you didn’t play the PC version, here’s your chance! The PS4 version and XBO versions for the rest of the world release tomorrow!

• Not really that interested. From what I've seen it looks average at best. Might get it on a sale.

• @suplextrain Honestly, I think it is the second best platformer released this year. It controls well, the environments are varied and fun to explore, and it is just heckin' cute.

• @Claus-Grimhildyr said in A Hat In Time (NA PS4 Dec. 5/Worldwide PS4 and XBO Dec.6):

@suplextrain Honestly, I think it is the second best platformer released this year. It controls well, the environments are varied and fun to explore, and it is just heckin' cute.

"This year" is honestly not saying much since we haven't exactly gotten a ton of them. 3D platformers are not that common nowadays and the only really notable one this year is Mario.
    Also I don't take anyone seriously that advocates A Hat in Time that uses "heckin", that comes off as too biased to me. Actually pretty off-putting since it contributes to the idea that people are overselling it, especially considering the lack of 3D platformers (especially on PC).
    Gotten suckered in before and this year alone I was right to rein my expectations in for games like Cuphead, Pyre and so on. Might sound pretty cynical but I'd rather be pleasantly surprised over massively dissapointed.

• @suplextrain A Hat In Time won’t Wow you with oodles of polish like a Nintendo game. But the gameplay itself is crazy good and the worlds are super inventive and interesting. The characters are memorable, the music is awesome. It might not look super visually impressive from the outside but it’s a wonderful experience. If you go in wanting something that’s as polished and refined as a Mario game, you won’t get it. But if you’re looking for a phenomenally creative and well made indie game, AHIT will deliver.

• I'm sold on it and will definitely get it sometime next year. I hope it does well on consoles!

• Just bought it last night before going to bed

• I'm a huge fan of 3D platformers, and I loved this game. While I wouldn't put it on the same tier as masterpieces like SM64, I would put it on the same tier as "flawed, unique gems" like Psychonauts and Battle for Bikini Bottom. It oozes personality and charm, and I loved every minute of the 10 hours it took to 100% it. My third favorite game this year, despite how insane 2017 has been. Its a shame that it was overshadowed by both "indie darling Cuphead" and "3D platformer Odyssey," but I really hope it did well enough for Gears 4 Breakfast to keep going. The game is excellent, and a more polished, rounded sequel could potentially break into Tier 1

• This looks like a fun game, I'll keep it on my radar for some future sale on PS4. I remember Brad saying that it's a nice game to 100 % which is always great to hear. And it isn't even too long, as stated above, for example. 10 hours should be a good journey.