South Park: The Fractured But Whole (PS4/XB1/PC)

• @ZyloWolfBane said in South Park: The Fractured But Whole (PS4/XB1/PC):

If it had come out when it was originally supposed to I'd have cared more, but not now. It's kinda like what happened with no man's sky in a way, the more it got pushed back the less I cared, and this year just has so MANY good games that this doesn't really fill any niches or gaps that would convince me to buy it day one with everything else I have on my plate.

I mean I'll get around to it eventually, but I'll wait for a price drop or something. Not really in any rush.

Yeah, I feel similarly. I'm trying to avoid letting my own personal feelings paint my perception of the game, but like...who's the audience of this? It'slacks the novelty of the first crack as a South Park RPG, it's been delayed a million times and 'feels' like it's been in trouble, and it's coming out in an incredibly busy year

• The newest episode (S21E04) was a surprise as it works as a prequel for the game. Nicely thought, the game arrives next week.

• Banned

@Sentinel-Beach That is awesome. I love how much Matt and Trey love the games. Shame they've been so vocal about not wanting to do any more after this one.

• What's the embargo with this one? Is there a site that lists embargos for games in general?

I guess the reviews go up on the release day, then. Tomorrow Tuesday.

• Seeing a lot of 8s out there, basically. The humour and the writing seems to be the deciding factor between the 9s and 7s, which isn't a surprise. I think I would've preferred maybe a little more convincing words in general, but I'm still leaning towards getting this tomorrow. Laughed out loud for a few instances in Damiani's review (Randy!). :)

• @Sentinel-Beach Opencritic usually shows the embargo date/time, so that's a good one to check for that.

I also felt like the review sounded a lot more negative than the final score, I expected a 7 or even a 6. But having now watched The Evil Within 2's review as well, it seems more like Brandon wasn't in top shape when those were recorded :)

• I got spoiled on a boss fight because i subscribed to South park official YouTube channel and a video with a title "...... Boss battle" showed up on my recommended feed, i have to avoid spoilers until my copy of the game arrives.

• @A7X458 Same here, but from a different YouTube channel. It's tough to dodge them!

• Just finished this last night. Was fairly disappointed. The humour wasn't quite on point (especially a particular "moral choice" towards the end which comes off more as needlessly cruel than absurd or funny)

The combat and gameplay is leagues ahead of Stick though which keeps it fun through to the end. But I wouldn't actively recommend it to anyone.

• I still can't wait to play it. Replaying Stick of Truth now since it came with a free copy and I only had it on ps3.

• I love that they include alot of the other kids into the main story, to me a south park hardcore fan that makes this game better than the stick of truth, but the stick of truth had the better combat imo.

• I bought this on Black Friday as it was on sale almost 50 % off.

11 hours in, and I'm having a blast with the game. :) Really enjoyable, the humour hits me just the right way, and I'm just constantly smiling. The situations are often so unexpected that there was no way to predict them, and still I just nod my head and go "Of course" :). Looots of stuff from the show and its history sprinkled throughout the city, good stuff.

The pace or the tempo of the game is actually really peaceful and even slow, but in an enjoyable way. It's really fun just to wander around the city and explore every corner and familiar building, as there's usually stuff everywhere to collect or just for laughs.

The new grid-based fighting scenario works really well, I like it and think that it adds just enough new to the fights when compared to The Stick of Truth as well as making the whole thing more strategic with the different-shaped grid-powers and how to best use them. There's even some time mechanics and summons. And the "spot the microaggression" mechanic made me laugh way too hard. Still gets a few giggles out of me every time. :)

• @Sentinel-Beach said in South Park: The Fractured But Whole (PS4/XB1/PC):

And the "spot the microaggression" mechanic made me laugh way too hard. Still gets a few giggles out of me every time. :)

As a lapsed fan of the show that hadn't watched it in about six or so years before playing FBW seeing the PC Principal for the first time was the hardest I'd laughed at a game in a long while.

• Took me 30 hours to finish the game, and 32 hrs to get the platinum trophy. Excellent game! I really, really enjoyed it. I honestly can't remember another one which has kept me laughing and smiling so continuously as this one did. :) So many callbacks, and on the other hand so many comments about this time we're living now. And the superhero stuff on top of all that, boys playing around with capes and masks, was just perfect really. How can something be so genious and so stupid (in a good way) at the same time? :] Oh man, what a ride. A must-buy for the fans of the show, no question about it.

• @Sentinel-Beach said in South Park: The Fractured But Whole (PS4/XB1/PC):

Took me 30 hours to finish the game, and 32 hrs to get the platinum trophy. Excellent game! I really, really enjoyed it. I honestly can't remember another one which has kept me laughing and smiling so continuously as this one did. :) So many callbacks, and on the other hand so many comments about this time we're living now. And the superhero stuff on top of all that, boys playing around with capes and masks, was just perfect really. How can something be so genious and so stupid (in a good way) at the same time? :] Oh man, what a ride. A must-buy for the fans of the show, no question about it.

Roughly the same experience I had with it, I picked it up for $30 during black friday and devoured it around 28 hours for the platinum. And I really really loved the game, so much so that I'm actually going to buy the DLC when it comes out cause I want more!

Not sure if I enjoyed this or Stick of truth more though, there's things about Stick of truth I enjoyed more like the theme, the gameplay, and the way equipment worked as opposed to TFBW but I like the streamlined and polished approach TFBW offered and it kept the pace of the game rather smooth.

They're both frankly just awesome games lol. Hopefully though they consider balance a little more with their next game, status effects are still pretty much king in both games and totally trivialize the combat.

Having played the Mobile game "South Park Phone Destroyer" I wonder what the next theme will be, there's a lot of Cowboys/Indians and Pirates/Ninjas in it, but it might just be absurdly hilarious if they just mashed all of it together, all the kids have their favored genre and it's an RPG where literally everyone is different and brings their own style to it.

• My money's still on the next game being about ninjas while Lets Fighting Love plays in the distance.