EZA Destiny

• Who will be picking Destiny 2 up and on what platform? I'm either getting it on PS4 or PC. Depends on when PC releases and what my bro gets it on.

• @MistahShowtime I stopped playing the first one once i got to the point I needed 5 other friends to play. I was excited for this until the reveal, but I was surprised how not innovative it seemed. I know they fixed a lot and there's the whole debate about whether it looks like more dlc rather then a new game. But that's how it looked to me personally.

I'm really thinking about buying it on PC. I'll need a upgraded graphics card for that though but I have friends that I could actually play with on PC. I don't know anyone on PS4 that plays. Now the question is new graphics card or switch!? Such a hard choice lol.

I would also like to know who in the EZA community will be playing on PS4 or PC. Would like to form groups with ppl here.

• @CGamor7 There's a lot of misconception of Destiny 2. The first game was designed with last gen console limitations. Which greatly affected design choices in every aspect. And due to developer mishaps during the making of Destiny. That had multiple key people leave, much of the original game had to be redesigned. Leading to a bad code foundation that makes updating the current Destiny a very lengthy process. Which is a huge problem, as MMO's need constant quick updates. And the not so great story, despite the vast lore behind grimmer cards.

There's also balancing issues, and the need to separate PvE and PvP guns. So in short, for the franchise to move forward and make the needed changes. The original game needs to be completely scrapped.

• @-Jak- The situation you described also applies to FF14 though. The difference there is they didn't release a second version you had to pay for and deeply apologized to the community. It's true vanilla Destiny wasn't in as sad of a state as Final Fantasy 14, but it certainly wasn't what they had promised everyone either.

I can't help but feel burned by Destiny. While it's true The Taken King fixed a lot of issues, that was the third paid expansion to come out with the game, basically the price of two games to get some of the original promises fulfilled. I'm going to wait awhile to read all sorts of reviews for Destiny 2 and then check my friends list a month or two after launch. If a good percentage is still playing and not just grinding strikes, then I may hop back in but I feel like it's going to take a lot for me to jump back on the Bungie train.

• @SabotageTheTruth It costs the price of two games to play FF14 for 8 months. Plus the cost of expansions. Not that I'm excusing Destiny, just remember: subscription costs suck. They're like early access all the time.

In terms of Destiny 2, I was vastly underwhelmed by the trailers. Halo 2 and 3 look better than this game because the player characters and every ability in the game doesn't glow hugely and unreadably. Picking up weapons still uses the loot model, which completely ruins the point of Bungie's multiplayer where you would pick up different weapons on the map. It looks like they're making a sequel story as opposed to one that actually establishes a world (something they never actually did). They haven't shown any worlds worth exploring, and even stuff like World of Warcraft areas which do have 'good exploration' are just glorified time-wasters.

Destiny 2 doesn't seem like half a Halo game or even much of an advancement. But that's to be expected, because that's what all these subscription model MMOs do. They enslave the player to pay for building the game that they're playing with no assurance that that desired game will ever even exist. Everyone is immensely better off paying full price for an actual complete game like Nier or Persona as opposed to waiting for a bunch of game devs in Washington or California to get around to creating something.

• @Haru17 True, subscription price completely slipped my mind, but you're right.

I guess what is weird to me about Destiny having a sequel is that most of what is being implemented seems like small quality of life changes that could have just been part of an expansion. The most "hype" I've seen for the game is that you no longer have to go in orbit to queue for something else. Yes, that saves some time but... if that currently is the major selling point then yarp, this game isn't for me. I'm also still not sure why a fireteam only consists of 3 people, it's anything but ideal in a lot of social gaming situations.

• I'm cautiously optimistic about destiny 2. I straight up don't like doing raids so I feel like I will be wasting my time if I buy the game though. I just don't like how obtuse they are and I don't like having to rely on other for direction in order to beat parts and I definitely don't like first person jumping puzzles. Man I just did a really good job of talking myself out of destiny 2, thanks op!

Hope you can find some players.

• @SabotageTheTruth Oh, so it's just doing the non-dedicated matchmaking lobby thing that ARMS announced and WoW has been doing for years? That's pretty cool, but would only pair well with a Doc Brown Spider Monster.

Thinking of it though, I may pre-order and cancel again just to screw around with the beta — that's what talked me out of Destiny 1.

• Global Moderator

I am not sure how I feel about this. I mean I liked the trailer and all! it was fun and exciting.

However, I only played through the "base" game and did a raid once or twice and got myself that sweet hawk moon or what it was called. Yet the game was missing so much... spirit? I know it was built for last gen as well, but with all the expectations it had with everything I still couldn't drop the feeling of it being rushed. towards the release when hearing key people leaving I should of known better I guess.

Im not sure that I will pick the second game up.. unless they really blow me away at E3 and its vastly expanded instead of just "more of the same".

• Personally, I love Destiny. I've logged my hundreds of hours since launch. It is "hamburger gaming" at its finest - it won't win any awards, it won't move you to tears, it won't stay in your mind for months, but its just a damn fun game to play. Get a couple of pals, boot up a Strike, and talk and chill as you shoot some cool, varied enemies in an interesting, beautiful sci-fi universe with some of the finest shooter mechanics to ever grace a console. Yes it could be better, but its always been fun for what it is, and Bungie has slowly but surely been improving the fluff surrounding that delicious core over the past few years.

It isn't for everybody though, and that's fine. Destiny for me is like what FIFA, Assassin's Creed, or CoD is to other people - you just buy it every year, not expecting to light to world on fire, but just because its comforting fun.

Also, I understand people who complain about "LOL WHY IS DER DESTINY 1 FOOTAGE HERE HURRR" but obviously I strongly disagree. When I see footage for World of Warcraft: Legion, I see footage that looks the same as a game from 2004. As in "duh," because it IS a game from 2004. Destiny is the same deal. I'm sick of people saying "oh, I'll wait a year and buy the COMPLETE game." Destiny is not a single product you burn through over a weekend. Its something you play constantly for years. You are along on its evolving journey. If you aren't into that type of game and just want a 15 hour shooter campaign, then why on Earth do you even keep up with Destiny content? That's like an MMO-hater constantly going on FFXIV videos and saying how "the game isn't even FINISHED yet, they expect me to pay full price and monthly sub??? Cheap Square Enix ripping us off."

Rather than paying a monthly subscription fee totaling $120 a year, Bungie instead releases the $60 game and a few $20 expansion packs to total to $120 a year. Its just a different model, but the same fundamental idea. If you think its wrong to buy Destiny 2 because it will have expansions, then its equally wrong to have bought World of Warcaft for $60 in 2004 because you could have just waited for Crusade, Lich King, etc down the road and got it cheaper.

• I'm gonna get it on PS4. A friend of mine will also be playing. Can't wait for us to get that EZA clan going and raid with you guys.

• I'll be getting it on PS4. I'm a little nervous about their content rollout. The idea of only having one raid at launch reminded me of the mistakes they made in the release of Destiny 1, but I'm still hopeful that the story and primary campaign in general is meaty enough to cover that gap.

• I'll also be playing on PS4. Simply because my clan is PS based. Asides from not having the other systems. Although there's probably gonna be some PS timed exclusive.

Feel bad for Xbox owners that had to wait a year for the PS timed exclusive maps like Section 618. Which I actually really like.

• Assuming they don't say any more things that turn me off to wanting the game I'll be on PS4 for the first year most likely, moving to PC later on when it's cheaper or offers something cool cross-promotion with other blizzard titles.

• Was really hoping the PC/Console cross save rumour was true. Would to have loved bringing in some of my pc friends without ditching my console gang.

But Ya I'll be sticking on PS4. Not many reasons to switch right away, especially now with the delayed release date. It would have to depend on the initiative of my pc friends to pick it up on their own

• I can only hope that the content issue the first game had at launch will not be repeated.
    Destiny has elder god-tier gunplay, but that is par for the course with Bungie.

The launch was terrible, true, but that can be said about literally every other game these days. If you look at the game as it is in it's current state, it is actually quite great, and there is a REASON people still play it.

I might wait as I personally feel a little burnt out on Destiny (and my backlog is a buttfucker at this point) but it is still totally on my radar.

• I got burned pretty hard with Destiny's launch. I don't like how much of the game is no longer playable since I didn't buy the expansions. I guess I'm just not used to the whole MMO style and it made me a bit salty about the game. I got my Dinklebot, played through the vanilla campaign, tried to get into MP, found exactly one party to go through Vault of Glass with, we ran out of time and people had to bail halfway through - and never got to go back.

So, probably skipping D2. Don't really feel like it's "for me"

• Might pick it up, was pretty pissed at how short the game was at launch, let alone the low level cap, and the reliance on the light system ( Which I thought would act similar to the badass tokens from Borderlands) Although about a month or so after The Taken King I decided to give it another shot, and enjoyed every bit of it.

• Is the EZA clan still active? Just jumped back in for the first time since Taken King released. Also is anyone still managing the official EZA clan?

• I'm likely gonna pick this up, on PS4.
    It doesn't look much different... but shooting in the game is just so good, it's why I played the first one as much as I did. Granted I never did any of the Crucible stuff, and didn't have much inclination to do the raids either. I just liked shooting stuff.

Looks like your connection to Easy Allies Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.