Recipes for champions

• I recently saw that @EmptyMorgue had made a post about a cherry pie recipe, seen here

I thought maybe it could be cool to have a place on the forum where people can share different recipes, for those who would like to try something new!

I'm mostly into baking at the moment, so I've got a few of my favourite recipes that I'd like to share here:

If anyone would like some conversions of the measurements just let me know, I've got some written down for most of these.

Any recipes welcome!

• Spaghetti Pie

-One Box of Sphagetti
    -One Tub of Cottage Cheese
    -Quarter Pound of Ground Beef
    -Shredded Cheese (Whatever Kind you like)
    -One bottle of Pasta Sauce
    -2 Eggs
    -2 tablespoons of butter

1. Brown your ground beef.
    2. Let the beef simmer with the Pasta Sauce.
    3. While the beef/sauce is simmering boil your pasta.
    4. Drain the pasta and mix in butter and egg.
    5. Put pasta mixture in pan.
    6. Spread desired amount of cottage cheese over pasta mixture.
    7. Pour desired amount of beef/sauce over cottage cheese.
    8. Sprinkle shredded cheese over beef/sauce.
    9. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.

• Oh heck yeah I am down with this thread.

fudge
    chicken alfredo pasta bake
    cookie dough cupcakes

these are just ones that come to mind I am always down to share recipes

• Spicy Soy Sauce Pork Chops

To be clear, this recipe doesn't require pork chops, it doesn't even require pork. You can do this with any cut of any meat. This is one of my favourite things to make, it's simple, and delicious, and requires practically no effort.

Ingredients:
    Rice
    400-500 grams (1 lbs) Pork Chops
    2 dl (1 cup) Heavy Cream
    2 tablespoons Japanese Soy Sauce
    1 - 2 teaspoons Sambal Oelek (Indonesian chili paste)
    1 dl (½ cups) Crème Fraîche (No you can't use sour cream, it'll curdle when you boil it)
    Salt
    Black Pepper

Preheat your oven to 150 degrees Celsius. (300f) Slice the pork chops into about 1.5 cm - 2 cm (1 inch) slices. Or chop them into bite sized pieces, it's not that important, just slice them up. Season the meat with salt and black pepper and place it in an oven safe dish.

Now to make the sauce. Mix Crème Fraîche, Soy Sauce, Sambal, and Cream together. I find that the Crème Fraîche likes to make lumps when mixed with the other stuff, especially when it's all refrigerator cold, so start with that and just stir it around for a bit until it becomes softer. Then again I also mix by putting all of these things in a mason jar, and just shaking the living hell out of it. That's an option too.
    Keep in mind that Sambal is legit spicy, taste a bit beforehand if you don't believe me, so while I like 2 big teaspoons of it, this might be too much for people who aren't into spicy food.

Next, pour your delicious spicy soy sauce over the pork, and toss it into the middle of the oven and leave it there for 1½ hours. That's it.

Now you just need to wait until it's almost done, and boil some rice. Everyone knows how to boil rice, right? No? 1 part rice to 2 parts water, then boil it for about 15-20 minutes until the water is absorbed. You can tell it's done when you get little holes in the rice. I like rice, so I use 2 dl (1 cup) of rice for this amount of pork.

Serve in a bowl with a generous amount of sauce over the rice, and pork on top.

If you have leftovers you can easily reheat it in the microwave whenever. It tends to dry out though, so I advice you to pour a little bit of extra cream, and a little bit of extra soy sauce over the food before microwaving it. It'll mix with the pork and the remaining sauce to create more.

• Bacon wrapped stuffed chicken breasts

*Chicken breast, tender still attached or not, doesn't really matter. Mine was still attached.

*Cheese. I used Beecher's flagship, but a white cheddar or pretty much anything else that'll melt will work just fine.

*Prosciutto. Two or three pcs per breast you're preparing.

*Three thick cut bacon strips for each chicken breast you're preparing.

*Minced garlic, grated parmigiano, rosemary, salt, butter.

A wooden or bamboo kabob skewer.

Butterfly a chicken breast, stuff it full of cheese and prosciutto, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper, close it back up, lay it down on three strips of thick cut uncooked bacon, use the bacon to tightly wrap the breasts, pin it shut with a wooden skewer .

Bbq grill at about 450 until bacon is browned and crispy, and outside ofthe chicken looks cooked, transfer to an oven safe skillet, remove the wooden skewers.

Put a pat of butter on top of each breast, loosely cover with tented foil and finish in a 350 degree preheated oven for 20 - 30 min, occasionally basting with juices from the pan. Remove from the oven , take the chicken out to rest, and if you desire, put a splash of dry white wine into the pan you just baked the chicken in and reduce over med low heat for a nice pan sauce.

[https://www.flickr.com/gp/tokyoslim/3Gj5p1](image url)