So where are we actually supposed to raise questions?

• To the Allies, about shows, podcasts, streams and other content specified in the EZA Patreon? As far as I can tell there are six or more different venues, each with their own problems. Which is the designated space for in-depth feedback and questions about EZA content?

Twitch Chat — This is obviously where the EZA community lies. Twitch is helpful enough for ad hoc discussions, but if one deigns to pose a question with any meat to it the moderators are quick to temp ban or simply shout them down. I have also seen fellow fans persecuted and frankly bullied for being 'trolls.' That is, making one comment outside of the norm or that appears taboo at first glance. Equally unhelpfully, Twitch moderators do not see fit to delete insults directed at the 'trolls' themselves by purportedly upstanding community members. That form of the anti-change instinct seen in YouTube comments hurts people. Obviously it is of value to delete racism and sexism, but deleting thoughts besides and persecuting community members is unacceptable.

Patreon — Everyone here is obviously a backer, but the comment system is unsorted and completely useless for any sort of meaningful discussion. It's also not that frequented by the community from what I can tell.

YouTube comments — It's only slightly more sorted than Patreon and the constant refrain from everyone who doesn't like change or criticism is 'Do you even pay money for this?' Unproductive to discussion to say the very least, but nonetheless very popular with community members. Also a lot of them are sexists and racists, which is just great.

These Forums — Probably the best infrastructure, but one of the quietest places in the EZA community. Scream into the void.

Twitter — Good luck. Too short and random, and it's not functionally public to the community.

Discord — Unfamiliar. I assume not here, but I've heard a certain group of the community frequents it.

• Being a $10 Patreon backer allows you to submit a Community Comment for a monthly video that showcases the community's opinions, and being a $20 Patron allows you to ask the Allies some questions for their monthly Q+A.

There's the Love & Respect questions on the main podcast, but that segment rarely gets many questions in each podcast, so that's not a good way to give feedback.

Group streams don't watch the Twitch chat very well, but the solo streams do pay attention to the Twitch chat. The best bet is to ask during a stream that only one or two Allies are hosting. They generally answer lots of questions on those streams. Blood was answering plenty of questions during his Earthbound stream today! :)
    This forum post also gives some helpful ideas as to where to place feedback: forums.easyallies.com/topic/509/where-to-give-feedback-for-eza-shows.
    Love & Respect.

• I find that the allies respond to most questions in twitch chat when it's not super chaotic, so...not tuesdays lol.

In discord the majority of the twitch mods are around a lot of the time but they don't usually say much, Damiani is there almost all the time.

Patreon I guess it depends on where you comment, Kyle and Bloodworth respond there frequently, Blood also keeps an eye on these forums too.

• admin

Anywhere that best suits you, but I don't think you should count the relative quietness of the forums against it. That really only helps a post to be seen. Direct feedback on a specific video is probably best left in the comments for that video on YouTube or Patreon.

As you and others have pointed out, though, there's no shortage of avenues to leave feedback, and there's a constant barrage of contradicting opinions. No matter where you leave feedback, there's a fair chance one of us will see it, but that doesn't mean we'll respond every time. Sometimes we need to consider a broader picture, sometimes we need to discuss it among ourselves, and sometimes we just won't agree that any changes need to be made. That's all totally normal.

• The amount of times I've seen a question or concern posed in the forums or Patreon and then shortly after being addressed by EZA, either directly or through some sort of public comment on the issue, is actually pretty impressive. I personally feel like at least one of the Allies keeps an eye on all of those areas you've mentioned. As evidenced above, Blood definitely has eyes on the forums, Twitch chat, Patreon, and often Youtube as well.

• What happens when you scream into the void and the void responds in the voice of Daniel Bloodworth...?

• @logic__error said in So where are we actually supposed to raise questions?:

The amount of times I've seen a question or concern posed in the forums or Patreon and then shortly after being addressed by EZA, either directly or through some sort of public comment on the issue, is actually pretty impressive. I personally feel like at least one of the Allies keeps an eye on all of those areas you've mentioned. As evidenced above, Blood definitely has eyes on the forums, Twitch chat, Patreon, and often Youtube as well.

Precisely, if it's a really important concern or question chances are somebody is gonna bring it up.

• Global Moderator

On the Twitch part of your post, we don't 'ban' people for simply asking questions. We only ask that when you're asking overly complex questions that have no chance of being answered then to ask in a more appropriate setting.

People ask the same question two, three, four times during streams, then get annoyed when it doesn't get seen or answered. This can have various effects on chat.

I have an idea of what and who you are talking about regarding the 'troll' comment and why we time people out. It's in the rules. Don't antagonise people. Some of these comments aren't just 'outside of the norm' or 'taboo' they're just downright rude. That's why we timeout or remove certain comments.

If you've got specific comments about a particular mod or action taken, honestly, bring it to the attention of another mod in a PM (doing it through here is usually the best way).

Otherwise, what Blood said.

PS - Youtube is Youtube. Seems like nastiness is just expected in comments there as it is for every other channel. It disgusts me but you have to expect it.

• @MCRMJ said in So where are we actually supposed to raise questions?:

On the Twitch part of your post, we don't 'ban' people for simply asking questions. We only ask that when you're asking overly complex questions that have no chance of being answered then to ask in a more appropriate setting.

People ask the same question two, three, four times during streams, then get annoyed when it doesn't get seen or answered. This can have various effects on chat.

I have an idea of what and who you are talking about regarding the 'troll' comment and why we time people out. It's in the rules. Don't antagonise people. Some of these comments aren't just 'outside of the norm' or 'taboo' they're just downright rude. That's why we timeout or remove certain comments.

If you've got specific comments about a particular mod or action taken, honestly, bring it to the attention of another mod in a PM (doing it through here is usually the best way).

Otherwise, what Blood said.

PS - Youtube is Youtube. Seems like nastiness is just expected in comments there as it is for every other channel. It disgusts me but you have to expect it.

That last part I can't stress enough, this is a lot of why most people don't allow comments on their videos. Otherwise it generally is a wildwest of awfulness.

Just flagrant disrespect and toxicity that even in my most rage induced moments would not stoop to.

• This post is deleted!

Looks like your connection to Easy Allies Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.