Games You Want/Like but Don't Want to Play

• Propably some good sports games, I guess. I never play them, but I like to know that they exist for people who play them. And especially if they're great this year. Might give my brother a heads-up, for instance, that this year's FIFA is really good, as he tends to like them more often than not.

• The only thing that comes to mind are Mario Romhacks (Kaizo), I watch raocow every day religiously but I would not play them myself (I tried it once), still want them to be made of course so he can continue let's playing them.

• Horror games.
    I never, ever will play any horror game.
    But I do enjoy watching them get played. I love horror stories, but playing them means that I can't skip, or hide my eyes.
    I loved getting to watch Huber play RE VII.

• For the most part Simulation Racing and Versus Fighting games with some exceptions. I'm fine dabbling in them among friends when none of us are great at it, but the moment you go online it becomes no fun. Beyond that Walking Simulators and most Horror games, because I get a superior experience watching someone else play them than bumbling around myself would provide since Horror games rarely effect me anyways. Exception there is horror or exploration games with lots of puzzle elements or fun combat as I enjoy both those things. Speaking of Puzzle games though, stuff like Tetris and Puyo Puyo doesn't appeal to me at all, but I've certainly watched my fair share of Bosman V Wozniak, so I guess I'm glad they exist.

Really just boils down to any game where the act of playing it isn't what I enjoy about the game. Might be due to crappy gameplay, being more of a movie than a game, or having very challenging gameplay in a genre I'm not comfortable with.

Scalebound

• @Inustar exact same I'm down anytime to watch somebody else play a horror game in person from start to finish, but if I try to do it myself I'm stopping at soon as things start getting freaky.

This doesn't apply to everything, shooters that feature some horror I can deal with, but pure horror things and games were you can't defend yourself at all are a no go for me.

• @bard91 Yeah, I don't like horror in games much at all, even if it's just elements in a different type of game, like a shooter. But I can usually work my way through it if I know I can blast things 😊

• I think that the games in vein of EVE-online would be great, but I'm not going to play them. Way too much hassle for me.... But those stories that come out of EVE-online alone make it easily one of the better games out there I will never properly play. I tried it, but it's way too much management with next to no actual fun gameplay.

• Global Moderator

Final Fantasy XIV for me, I feel like I've left it far too long to jump in and having the time to go through everything (with all the great releases the last few years) to catch up has left me admiring it from afar.

Same thing with Disgaea 5.

• Global Moderator

@MCRMJ yeah I've really wanted to play FF XIV! I played the beta and loved it, but the game got released just as I moved country and started university. Now as you say it feels like its too far gone and I've missed out on it!

• Lately it seems that Horizon: Zero Dawn fits in this category. I love Aloy and I love the world that it takes place it, but there's just too much combat. I really don't like the way it handles, so even having notched it down to Easy to speed it all up, I still just loathe encounters in that game.

Another big one is The Witcher 3. It's a gorgeous game, with great characters in a great world. There's just too damn much of it and I have a really tough time just skipping a bunch of it so I can move forward with it. Again, the combat isn't my favorite, which really hurts the chances that I'll come back to it.

• @Akkad-no-Musou said in Games You Want/Like but Don't Want to Play:

The only thing that comes to mind are Mario Romhacks (Kaizo), I watch raocow every day religiously but I would not play them myself (I tried it once), still want them to be made of course so he can continue let's playing them.

^ something like this is all I can think of really. I watch a lot of old awesome games done quick streams.

• Jumping on that horror game bandwagon. No desire to ever play one but there are still games I'm interested in. The Resident Evil franchise interests me but I have zero desire to ever play it, especially VII. Watching the full playthrough was great, especially since there was a number of them doing it together. Same with Outlast 2.

• For me, it's games many would want that I have no interest in. Example: Sony's E3 2015 show. Yes, the Final Fantasy VII: Remake made me lose my mind, but more specifically, I was stoked to see The Last Guardian re-revealed and Shenmue III officially announced. It does the heart good to see so many celebrate a game's announcement. So outside of the running joke of the next Half-Life, any games A LOT of people want is what fits for me. Like Metroid Prime 4 this year.

• @Brannox said in Games You Want/Like but Don't Want to Play:

For me, it's games many would want that I have no interest in. Example: Sony's E3 2015 show. Yes, the Final Fantasy VII: Remake made me lose my mind, but more specifically, I was stoked to see The Last Guardian re-revealed and Shenmue III officially announced. It does the heart good to see so many celebrate a game's announcement. So outside of the running joke of the next Half-Life, any games A LOT of people want is what fits for me. Like Metroid Prime 4 this year.

Sorry about this, but I can't figure out what your answer is to the OP's question here. Maybe it's just me -.-"

• @Sheria Sorry, allow me to be more clear:

While I may "like" a game for being something others want, I don't "like" them enough to play.

I'll use the Last Guardian again as an example. When I saw the conference I referenced, I wanted to give Ico and Shadow of the Colossus a shot, because I was caught up in the hype of the Last Guardian and I never played them, and wanted to play them to give them a shot.

I hate them for a variety of reasons, so I never want to play the Last Guardian. But I'm happy it exists, because it is game liked by a lot of people.

Allow me to directly quote, "What are some games you want to be made, OR enjoy now that you don't really want to play yourself?"

It is the first half of the question I directly reference. I hope I was able to clear up any confusion =-D

• This post is deleted!

• Easy, The Witcher III. I am still completing it but not because "it's so big" like everybody normally says. It is because I have been playing the series since 2010 or 2011 and have been personally invested for years at this point and just want to finally beat it, but the game is so flawed in my opinion that it drives me insane and I can only tolerate it in small bites. I even switched it to "Just The Story" (aka Easy mode) and I still get annoyed when I'm fighting two bears in the woods with trees in my sight and not being able to properly see or do anything. I get annoyed when I feel like every mission is just running from point A to B around a city when the other games were more contained and streamlined and better for it.

I can go on, but in the end I like the game. I'm not in love with the direction the plot is going, but I like the game and LOVE the series but my goodness I rarely want to play it.

The only thing that comes to mind are Mario Romhacks (Kaizo), I watch raocow every day religiously but I would not play them myself (I tried it once), still want them to be made of course so he can continue let's playing them.

Ah how could I forget, Outlast, I probally will never play it myself because constantly running away and hiding doesn't really appeal to me, but I loved Rob Dyke's LP of it. Sadly he isn't doing LPs anymore but I's love for him and his friend Justin to play the 2nd game.

@Akkad-no-Musou said in Games You Want/Like but Don't Want to Play:

Ah how could I forget, Outlast, I probally will never play it myself because constantly running away and hiding doesn't really appeal to me, but I loved Rob Dyke's LP of it. Sadly he isn't doing LPs anymore but I's love for him and his friend Justin to play the 2nd game.

Rob Dyke does game long plays???

Amazing, I've been watching his channel for years, mostly because of the murder and strange stuff, but I never knew he did long plays.

• @Sheria He did some on his other channel Zombie Horse (probably more famous for his crappypasta readings) with his friend Justin, never finished Outlast sadly but did a great playthrough of Until Dawn. Sadly the channel is not in use right now.