Far Cry 5 (PC/PS4/XB1)

• So.. i made a level in Arcade, nothing too special, just a simple survival-esque get to the exit map. When i tried to publish it, an error keeps popping up (Redhorn-80000B). Apparently it's a pretty common error, and it seems a fix is underway, but holy hell it hurts to make a level for 5 hours only to not able to upload it at the end :(

• @bam541 Do the levels you create publish some sort of code or are you able to browse creations via user? I still don't have internet (hopefully tomorrow, Monday at the latest) but I'd love to jump into some ally created stuff!

• @sabotagethetruth You can search by User and map name. That's how I found Jones' level.

• @inustar Juuust finished watching his level on stream actually. I'm blown away with what he accomplished. I can't wait to make levels that aren't nearly as good!

• Oh yeah, just a heads up. The error i got earlier is apparently because i bumped the terrain (making hills) at the edge of the map. As long as you're not doing that, it should be fine.

• @dipset said in Far Cry 5 (PC/PS4/XB1):

@sabotagethetruth

My two cents on the tone in Yakuza vs Far Cry. In Yakuza, the sub-stories are zany to shift and give players an optional break from the very serious and dramatic main story. Same goes for the side activities. An endearing sub-story about pocket racer cars is tonally different but generally appreciated because these heartfelt and whimsical moments are a nice palette cleanser.

Now I have to disclaim that I believe Far Cry 2 is the worst AAA game I've ever played in my entire life. I absolutely could not stand that game and I've mostly written the series off since then. A major part of my disdain towards FC2 was that it took itself so seriously that it hindered any sort of fun. You'd constantly repair you Jeep, you'd constantly fix your jamming gun, you'd have to take health needles with a long drawn out animation which does not match the hyper-aggressive AI, you'd occasionally get untimely "malaria-attacks" where you need to pop a pill. Everything was so serious, so literal, and so painfully trying to be realistic that it ruined any and all fun for me. So the tone of Far Cry from my experience was very serious on a gameplay level as opposed to just story or side story. The gameplay it self was militaristic, tactical, and tried to be rooted in reality to a fault.

Now from what I've watched my roommate play of FC3, FC4, and FC5, the series jumped from that serious military overly realistic gameplay, to batshit insanity. Fighting angry animals, taking drugs, comic book style villians, weird rituals inside of caves in Shambala. Then it'll go ahead and take itself seriously for a cut scene with cheesy dialogue.

I see what you mean when you say it isn't fair to give one game the pass for tone issues over the other, but I find Far Cry has yet to even find its tone as a series at all. It's getting there but each game isn't sure whether it is serious or crazy or something in-between and when Far Cry 5 is jumping around still, I think it's a valid critique but maybe we should just take it for what it is - a crazy open world sandbox shooter.

Far cry 2 has problems including repetetive mission structure and respawn checkpost, i was quite disappointed when i played far cry 2 after brilliant STALKER and Crysis 1. but FC3 to onwards just become more dumbed down if you ask me.

they include tagging enemies, see thorugh walls, casual gameplay. i quite liked FC3 but 4 and primal are just so damn boring that i just couldnot play them more.

Shangrila part of FC4 is absolute worst. FC2 has better gameplay, physics, world than its sequels.

• @black-cell Most of your complaints about 3, 4 and Primal can be turned off in the options menu.
    I quite enjoy the Shangri-La sections of 4. They are very beautiful to look at, and quite different/a nice diversion from the generally insane and chaotic rest of the game.

I too enjoy myself some S.T.A.L.K.E.R. but I would say it is a highly broken game without some serious fan patching efforts. Crysis 1 I've always thought was pretty meh, especially with the improvements made in later installments.

• Hey allies, i just finished my first map in Arcade (or any level editor for that matter). It's called "Unliberated", if you want to check it out you can do so by searching the map name or my psn id: bam54131 on the "filter" option in solo & co-op mode. It's a small not-so-challenging Assault map with a bit of climbing, would love to hear some thoughts if any of you have the time to play it.

• @bam541 I'll try to check it out over the weekend and let you know what I think! I wanna dive in to making my own level now, especially after seeing that design challenge. I feel like I'm going to spend way too much time analyzing where I should put paintings and toilets.

• Peaches best companion.

• @sabotagethetruth You're already putting way more effort than i am lol, you better share it when it's done!

• @paper-lion Noo, Cheeseburger all the way man!

• @bam541 Played your level last night, had a lot of fun. :D Thank you so much for creating an assault level that didn't have zombies or literally hundreds of people to kill, haha. That seems to be all I run into while randomly trying maps. The other thing I have to compliment you on is the layout of the main enemy camp. There's enough there to feel dangerous, but not overwhelming and there was a ton of stealth opportunities (which I always appreciate). I had taken out all of the guards around those small houses when suddenly a patrolling guard noticed the dead bodies and started freaking out. He kept going along my path of destruction, spotting dead body after dead body, screaming like a madman, as none of his friends decided to help him. That guy had a really rough day at work.

• If I had time. I'd probably just recreate the Damn from Goldeneye

• @sabotagethetruth Thanks, glad to know you enjoyed it XD. Enemy AI is the worst in Arcade, they keep climbing on the houses when i tested it, so i'm glad they worked out great for you lol.

• I start playing it. it looks nice. gameplay is well refined but setting and story are pretty boring. all missions just involving liberate this, liberate that.

hope it get better later. its same as FC4 but in different setting.

Edit: the more I played the more i get bored. seriously. I loved FC2, and really liked FC3 too as it has great island setting and amazing villain that is vaas. but after than ubisoft choose 2 of most boring setting (3 of if counting primal) in franchise. im disappointed. its not good.