Describe Your Taste in TV Shows Using 5 Titles

• @Tragosaurus People keep picking things not in a "5 define" but definitely in my Top 10.

Of course, I think my Top 10 are primarily comedies. :D

• @naltmank Haha yeah pretty much. I will say there were bits of Community past season 3 that a didn't hate, which can not be said about Arrested Development.

@Sazime I would say those two are definitely in my Top 10 but also are best at defining my tastes. They are two comedies but they are slightly different. Plus it just shows that comedies are fairly important to me, its not "describe your taste in TV shows using 5 genres". But yeah those two were probably leaning a bit more in the these are my favorite direction. I guess I could have replaced Arrested Development with Game of Thrones or something.

• @Tragosaurus I know the 4th season of Arrested Development gets a lot of hate, but I remember really enjoying it. The first couple of episodes had me really confused but then seeing how everything tied together made me call it brilliant after finishing it. Granted, that was right when it came out and I haven't revisited the series since then, so maybe that hype train was influencing my opinion.

• @SabotageTheTruth Yeah I've heard that all together when you see the big picture its pretty brilliant, but I couldn't get that far. I forget how much I actually watched, maybe half, but I just got to a point where I wasn't finding any of it funny and didn't care for the gimmick. I didn't want a show that you have to watch through completely twice to enjoy it. I might have to give it another shot though with season 5 in the works.

• @Tragosaurus Yeah, I liked season 4 initially, but I actually appreciated it even more the second time around. Obviously not the same as the first three seasons since they had scheduling restrictions, but yeah, liked it!

Community on the other hand, I will defend seasons 5 and 6, especially 5. I think people just still have a bad taste in their mouths from season 4, but season 5 has some of my favorite moments that rival some parts of the first 3.

• @Jamicov yeah, my problems with Arrested Development season 4 were mostly due to those scheduling issues. I wanted more Buster, but I realized that it was just impossible for them to work out. In the end I was happy to have more ☺

And I'll agree with you on Community. Not as good as the first few seasons, but there's merit to those last couple.

Lost
    ReBoot
    Futurama
    How It's Made

• Whoa, you guys are mixing in anime with western live action shows?

I think I'll create 2 seperate lists since to me they're both very different.

Farscape
    I'm a sucker for adventure, through space especially. I just love the sense of discovery, seeing all this wierd and crazy stuff.
    Star Trek: The Next Generation
    A little inconsistent but it's comfort food. I can just put this on anytime and just relax.
    Firefly
    Probably the strongest cast of characters out of all these space adventure shows. Characters are extremely important to whether or not I actually like a piece of media, so naturally this ranks pretty high based on the characters alone.
    MacGyver
    Probably nostalgia factoring in a bit, but this is hands down my favorite show I watched as a kid. I was always amazed at the ingenuinty of the character and how downright crazy it could get.
    Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey
    One of the absolute best documentaries I've ever seen. They should honestly make it mandatory to watch in school, especially with how it ends talking about climate change. But despite that it is so well articulated, presented and paced I can't do anything but offer it praise.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes
    This is hands down the best anime I've ever seen. Heck it's probably my favorite piece of media ever.
    Hajime no Ippo
    Such a great adaption of a great manga. Highly motivational with charming characters you grow to love and understand. Also very funny.
    One Outs
    Probably the show I've rewatched the most times. It's about on par with Kaiji for me but I liked the characters and pacing more in this. Also has some really inspiring stuff.
    Mushishi
    Basically Moomin for adults where you follow Snufkin around on his adventures. What's not to love?
    Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
    Overall probably the most well-rounded anime I've seen. Good animation, good music, great characters, well-paced, darker tones balanced out with humour, great acting, great fights, etc.

• @suplextrain Farscape is easily my favourite scifi show. I've watched it so many time, and I adore the romance between Crichton and Aeryn. It also has Jim Henson creatures, so that helps 😁

1. Buffy The Vampire Slayer - Crosses all genres in comedy, horror, drama, romance and one of the best superheros. It's just about the perfect show. Also, Xander is the greatest character of all time.
    2. Lost - A great mystery with fantastic character development. Side-note, I even liked the finale.
    3. Smallville - I love Superman so I'm drawn to anything with the character(s). It's also one of the best comic book shows of all time.
    4. Dawson's Creek - Pure guilty pleasure TV. Also, Pacey.
    5. Shameless - Racy, raunchy and often dumb humor that can sometimes be a bit offensive or crude. It also has some emotion behind it.

• @TheChrisGriffin Which Shameless?

Also while I'm not a huge Dawson's Creek fan, I thought it had a great finale. I love the time jump mechanic.
    And you get an A+ for loving Buffy, and maybe a B for Smallville.... mostly cause I don't know if it's one of the best comic book shows. Probably a good 6 fun seasons though 😊

• @Inustar Ha! I kind of agree on Smallville. Those last few seasons were a little rough, but I enjoyed it. I'm also biased being a huge Superman fan.

As for Shameless I love the US version. Frank and Lip are just the best. Haven't seen the UK one, but I've heard it's good. Based on the casting for this upcoming season of the US Shameless I think we may see that time jump mechanic. Just a speculation though.

And Buffy is the greatest thing ever!

• @TheChrisGriffin I really like that last 2 (?) Seasons. I loved it when Smallville started to embrace the comics more and started to bring other characters in. Having Booster Gold on it was a dream come true. I also loved Erica Durance as Lois, happy to see she's been cast on Supergirl, and Michael Rosenbaum was great. I think I disliked those middle seasons more.

Actually never seen the US Shameless, and only one or two episodes of the UK one. Funnily enough though it's been so long since I saw any of the UK one, and all I see are ads for the American one, that I can't picture anyone but William H Macy as the lead.

• @Inustar That's fair, I think season 8 of Smallville is where I started being disappointed. I wasn't a fan of the Doomsday arc and then the show became about postponing him getting the suit.

I'd suggest US Shameless. It's all on US Netflix. William H Macy is perfect. His character is the worst, but I couldn't imagine the the show without him.

• @TheChrisGriffin Fair, fair.
    Counter point. No Lana.

• @Inustar HA! Good point! Her absence was not missed those final seasons.

• Seinfeld, The Leftovers, Chuck, Friday Night Lights, Lost.

• @TokyoSlim said in Describe Your Taste in TV Shows Using 5 Titles:

Cowboy Bebop
    The Tick (animated)
    Black Mirror
    Firefly
    MST3K

I'm gonna replace MST3K with Iron Chef. I always forget how much that show actually influenced my life until i start cooking something.

• Twilight Zone (original)
    Sherlock Holmes (Jeremey Brett)
    Star Trek the Next Generation
    Non Non Biyori
    Kino no Tabi

• @Vexchaneu I just started watching the new Kino no Tabi and really like it. What's your opinion on it? How does it rank against the original?